Japanese Monarchy: Articles from 2006-2008

Started by Wombat, January 07, 2006, 10:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wombat

Pregnancy may force rethink on female heirs for Japan throne  ~ Guardian

QuoteJunichiro Koizumi, Japan's prime minister, yesterday appeared close to abandoning plans to alter the imperial succession law, a day after it was revealed that Princess Kiko, the wife of the second in line to the throne, was pregnant

M

:kisskiss:

Beebs

They are not going to change, so the girls on the forum and rant and rave, but it's going to change anything.

M

Quote from: Britbratbubbles on February 10, 2006, 09:39:18 AM
They are not going to change, so the girls on the forum and rant and rave, but it's going to change anything.

:blink:

M

Beebs

M

Windsor

Princess' pregnancy could scuttle Japan's royal reform

BBC

Windsor

Japan PM 'suspends' royal plans

Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi has reportedly suspended his plan to introduce a bill to allow women to succeed to the Imperial throne.

BBC

Lola

well, i honestly just hope the princess and new baby come out okay and healthy. she had a hard time getting preganant and lost one baby before having her daughter. now this. if she has another girl, they will have to do something b/c this will probably be it. she is almost hitting menopause stage and that new baby may be born with severve birthdefects. so what happens if it is a boy but is born with a severve disability? what really makes me mad is they blame the princess when anyone with any sense knows its THE FATHER that determines the sex of the child not the mother. sheesh!  :rolleyes:
"I am as happy as a fat mouse in a cheese factory!"

Lola

okay, is she 39 or 45? cuz i thought i read she was 45? i hope its a healthy boy just so they will leave the princess alone finally. :mad:

Lola

okay, editing my previous posts: i thought she was 45 but the other thread says she is only 39. oops. not near menopause. :doh:

Wombat

Japan baby could end royal reform  ~ BBC

QuoteConservatives within Japan's hidebound imperial household must be rejoicing at what must seem a miracle pregnancy.

Lila the Flirt

<_< They're hoping it'll be a boy.

I didn't read the article.  :blush:

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Wombat

Japan's Empress Michiko Over Illness ~ Female First

QuoteMichiko, 71, had been suffering from the mystery spells since October and the decision was made last week to cancel her official duties.

Beebs

Great news  :)

Jenee

Mainichi Daily News

QuotePrincess Kiko's pregnancy was the big story for Japan's wild weeklies in the week from Feb. 13 to 17.

Though some magazines will typically let loose on the Imperial Family, the occasion of an Imperial impregnation saw slighter more than usual restraint amongst the men's mags, and festive fanfare from the female fare.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Beebs

Quoteespecially poor Miki Ando, who was abused yet again for taking too many servings herself and becoming too fat for a figure skater.
What in the world?  <_<

Wombat

Princess Masako In The Spotlight As Succession Debated ~ Hello!

QuoteSmiling serenely and elegantly dressed in a sharp pinstripe suit, Japan's Crown Princess Masako stepped out for a rare formal engagement in Tokyo

Jenee

maybe she's feeling better now that the pressure is off a bit.

Lila the Flirt

They should leave her be. I think the couple are in love and their marriage has suffered much because of this. :(

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Wombat

Japan's Prince Tomohito To Have Cancer Surgery ~ Female First
QuoteThe operation to remove the cancer was initially scheduled for Monday but was postponed because more detailed examinations were needed.

Jenee

TMCnet

Cancer Operation Sucessful

QuotePrince Tomohito of Mikasa, a cousin of Emperor Akihito, had an operation on Tuesday to remove throat cancer at Kyorin University Hospital in western Tokyo, the Imperial Household Agency said.