Main Menu

Pascua Militar 2017

Started by TLLK, January 06, 2017, 03:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

QuoteKing Felipe and Queen Letizia preside over Pascua Militar

Yesterday at the Royal Palace of Madrid, King Felipe and Queen Letizia presided over the ceremony representing the beginning of the military year called Pascua Militar. The day began at the Plaza de la Armería of the Royal Palace of Madrid where the National Anthem and 21 gun salute took place.

Afterwards, Their Majesties and the military leaders went to the Hall of Thrones where the King told the assembled armed forces that all of Spain is "proud of you and appreciate the work that our men and women are doing in the service of all – at the service of our peace and security."

His Majesty added, "Noble, generous – and sometimes heroic – should always be valued and remembered with honour, gratitude and emotion."

Read more:
King Felipe and Queen Letizia preside over Pascua Militar – Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: January 09, 2017, 05:12:19 PM

Quote06-01-2017 Spain Queen Letizia and King Felipe at the new year's military parade, Pascua Militar, 2017 at the Royal palace in Madrid.

PPE Agency

Quote06-01-2017 Madrid Queen Letizia and King Felipe at the new year's military parade, Pascua Militar, 2017 at the Royal palace in Madrid.

PPE Agency
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

TLLK

I like that the tradition of wearing a long dress has been continued by the new King and Queen. I'm secretly hoping that there might one day be another occasion for HM to wear a traditional mantilla and high comb.  :Jen:

Jennifer

For years, Queen Letizia has worn the long blue dress for this occasion. I like that she recycles often and doesn't have to wear a new outfit every time! She usually wears the traditional mantilla & high comb whenever she visits the pope in Italy. I also hope she will wear both for another occasion.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston