Harry & Megan - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, March 17, 2017, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

QuoteMeghan Markle ends her Reitmans contract in yet another sign of an impending engagement

Just over a week since Prince Harry's girlfriend, Meghan Markle shut down her lifestyle blog The Tig, it has come to light that the Actress has also ended her contract with the Canadian fashion brand Reitmans.

Miss Markle had a contract with Reitmans which she was the face of two collections of her own which both sold out as soon as her relationship with Prince Harry came to light in October 2016. She also acted as a Brand Ambassador for the store.

Reitmans reportedly wanted to extend their contract with the Actress but she turned them down. The fashion brand offered a large salary increase but she could not be swayed.

Read more:
Meghan Markle ends her Reitmans contract in yet another sign of an impending engagement – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Eri

Quote from: psm on April 18, 2017, 10:52:21 AM
https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2017/04/17/meghan-markle-and-prince-harrys-royal-riddle-govani.html

On set, where the energy is unsurprisingly different this year, a source close to production informs that they're bending over backwards to keep "Meghan happy," but there is also a sense that she's dissolved into a world of herself. She worries that she has only "users," not real friends, and has been preoccupied to some extent with some of the inter-family strife — i.e. an older half-sister who has announced plans to write a not-so-agreeable tell-all!

(Regarding Harry's photos visiting Meghan) It also didn't escape my attention that the grainy images were released exclusively by E!, which is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns the USA Network, the network that runs the show Suits.
No surprise there ... she always stuck me as a diva and very unpleasant to people she has no use of ... no surprise she came with a lot of negativity from Day one even though she was relatively as famous as my cousin is ... she has been very mean to people on the way up if you ask me ...

Cat00

I have no doubt that they will be engaged soon. Meghan left the website, stop sell clothes at the virtual store ... why would she do that? She will continue in Suits until the contract ends  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lothwen

I don't know. ....it almost feels like she's doing this to make herself available for engagement,  so that the idea will be in Harry's mind
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

sandy

I don't think she'd burn bridges unless there was some indication from Harry or they had a talk about their future.

Tiddles88

If he takes her to Pippa's wedding, I do believe he wants to marry her.

Eri

Quote from: sandy on April 18, 2017, 04:25:22 PM
I don't think she'd burn bridges unless there was some indication from Harry or they had a talk about their future.
She can always return with a new life style blog and WHEN they break up the offers will pure in ... this is all smoke and mirrors by a desperate woman who can only dream Harry is THAT moronic ... he is but not that moronic ... she has all to gain here WHEN they break up her carer will be bigger than it ever was ...

sandy

You mean IF they break up. Nobody is a fortune teller on this board as far as I know.

I don't see Meghan as "desperate." She does not base her whole existence on Harry and has a career.

amabel

well she had to have a carreer didn't she?  She only met harry A year or 2 ago. 

Lady Deb

Quote from: sandy on April 18, 2017, 04:25:22 PM

Agree. H&M have their plan, we'll all learn about it soon enough when they are ready. Harry seems very protective of Meghan and their relationship. He has experienced first hand how hard it is living in the public eye, the constant scrutiny and fake stories. Meghan has now experienced some of this with the horrendous amount of fake stories that have been generated about her, probably at a level that she had never thought of before.

Eri

^ I am really incredulous at this "I don't like this news so it is fake" culture we live in right now ... Megan did pose for questionable pictures , has her own sister telling us a lot about how she is and the only acting she has ever done is THAT scene in the Beverly Hills reboot ... those are facts ... the fact you don't like it doesn't make it "fake" ...

Trudie

Right Eri it is all the gospel truth because that is what you want to believe. Meghans family and even her sister's mother has come out in her defense. Meghans sister from all accounts is a bitter nasty and jealous woman if her own mother refutes what she has to say about her half sister and her success then yes her sister is selling fake stories after all what does her sisters mother have to gain?, Meghan is not her daughter. So what if Meghan has posed for questionable pictures this is 2017 and there have been worse scandals attached to the royals and there were topless pictures of Sophie going around when she dated Edward they married anyway.

I think Harry is now mature enough to know what he wants in a relationship. You act as though you have an investment in this and I am sorry to tell you no one has except for Harry. Who Harry marries has no impact on the country he is now so unlikely to be king he should have the freedom to marry like any other British citizen.

sandy

Quote from: amabel on April 18, 2017, 07:17:40 PM
well she had to have a carreer didn't she?  She only met harry A year or 2 ago. 

Not necessarily. Kate built her life around Will for about 8 years doing little. Meghan did not up and quit her career when she met Harry to be on call for him.

Meghan has a career unlike Kate who never really had one.

psm

Well a lot of us love to criticize Kate here, but really are we comparing the careers of Kate, who started dating the future king of England at university to a woman who met a Prince at the age of 35?

Of course Meghan had to have a career, that does not make her special or better than Kate.

She is great at networking, married a producer and apparently got her lucrative job partly through the connections (I haven't watched Suits, but I asked my friends who do and they don't think she is a good actress). Her job also allows her to be free for what seems to be at least half of the year. It is not like she is working 9 to 5. She's just spent three months in London with Harry, a person with a regular job wouldn't have been able to do that. I don't get the impression of a workhorse here.

We don't know what Kate would have done had she not met William or met him at an older age. However, already Meghan turned down the Reitman contract (in December btw not now, it's only been reported now) and had to shut down The Tig. Her other social media have gone very quiet. All these adjustments within a few months of dating a guy who will never be the king, you know unlike the person Kate dated. She's also left her dogs to go live with Harry for three months.

So dating a prince requires sacrifices or keeping a prince means you adjust all your life accordingly, choose whichever explanation you'd like. Kate has been criticized for living her life for William, I see Meghan doing something similar. She still works for Suits however, and she has to, she has a contract. And unlike Kate who did not need an income, Meghan does need a job to sustain her lifestyle.

While at it, I have the same issue when people say Meghan does charity and Kate has never done so. Meghan started her charities in the last two or three years, so at 32 or 33 years old. That makes her better than Kate, who hadn't done charity until the age of 29, how? Especially when you consider that through social media and blogging, Meghan tried to build a new public image and charity for celebrities is PR 101.

I see a lot of people jumping on the Meghan ship because they dislike Kate. Well, to me, Kate, with her discretion started to look better in comparison.

Lady Deb

Quote from: Eri on April 18, 2017, 09:49:04 PM
^ I am really incredulous at this "I don't like this news so it is fake" culture we live in right now ... Megan did pose for questionable pictures , has her own sister telling us a lot about how she is and the only acting she has ever done is THAT scene in the Beverly Hills reboot ... those are facts ... the fact you don't like it doesn't make it "fake" ...

The fact is you do not understand what I was referring to. It has nothing to do with what I like or not. There have been numerous examples of fake articles that all of the British tabloids, magazines, online blogs etc have created articles about that were not true. One simple example was back in February, when Meghan was photographed buying flowers near KP, numerous articles from various media about Meghan wearing a H ring for Harry. However there never was an H ring (fake news), in fact it was a double arrow ring by Missoma.

Curryong

Oh, come on, Kate had years and years before she became engaged to William. She knew they would not marry at a young age. William implied in an interview that he wasn't thinking of marriage until he was older. He had to train and then go through military service first. What did Kate do precisely when she graduated, apart from keep herself free in case William wanted her?

She had a silly little part time job at Jigsaw, which lasted no time at all, and to which she was, according to fellow workers, hardly devoted. She also floated around, photographing pieces for her parents' company catalogue. You can hardly call that a career, at all.

She didn't know, at least until after 2007 that their romance was going to end in marriage. Did Kate throw herself into any charity work AT ALL two to three years before she married (or before) No, she didn't! She wasn't called Waity Katie for nothing! The Queen supposedly once asked 'What does Kate DO?' I'd love to know what the reply was. 'Well, er um, you see she can't really have a job because William has to see her when he can.'

This scenario lasted for years and years and it was said Kate once said she regretted not getting a job before she married, at 29. Not 20 not 22, 29!  You can't compare that to someone in an extremely insecure profession who has at least got a resume of some work. I know a couple of struggling actresses and their lives mostly consist of audition after audition without getting anywhere.

So your friends consider Meghan a bad actress. Opinions can be extremely biased by all sorts of things can't they? She has at least been in Suits for six, coming up seven seasons. Her fellow actors and actresses in Suits have said that they enjoy their breaks throughout the year by relaxing with their families. Does that make them lazy too?

Kate's the epitome of laziness, and how she can ever be compared to someone who has only just finished contracts with Reitman's and ended The Tig is unbelievable.

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2017, 02:08:03 AM

Oh, come on, Kate had years and years before she became engaged to William. She knew they would not marry at a young age. William implied in an interview that he wasn't thinking of marriage until he was older. He had to train and then go through military service first. What did Kate do precisely when she graduated, apart from keep herself free in case William wanted her?

She had a silly little part time job at Jigsaw, which lasted no time at all, and to which she was, according to fellow workers, hardly devoted. She also floated around, photographing pieces for her parents' company catalogue. You can hardly call that a career, at all.

She didn't know, at least until after 2007 that their romance was going to end in marriage. Did Kate throw herself into any charity work AT ALL two to three years before she married (or before) No, she didn't! She wasn't called Waity Katie for nothing! The Queen supposedly once asked 'What does Kate DO?' I'd love to know what the reply was. 'Well, er um, you see she can't really have a job because William has to see her when he can.'

This scenario lasted for years and years and it was said Kate once said she regretted not getting a job before she married, at 29. Not 20 not 22, 29!  You can't compare that to someone in an extremely insecure profession who has at least got a resume of some work. I know a couple of struggling actresses and their lives mostly consist of audition after audition without getting anywhere.

So your friends consider Meghan a bad actress. Opinions can be extremely biased by all sorts of things can't they? She has at least been in Suits for six, coming up seven seasons. Her fellow actors and actresses in Suits have said that they enjoy their breaks throughout the year by relaxing with their families. Does that make them lazy too?

Kate's the epitome of laziness, and how she can ever be compared to someone who has only just finished contracts with Reitman's and ended The Tig is unbelievable.

Yale

I just read that Meghan now as a security detail, a team of people protecting her.  They were picking her up and dropping off, waiting and then taking her home.  When did that happen?

Curryong

There were rumours ages ago that the Suits production team were giving Meghan extra protection. I think it was last year when there was all that ruckus after the KP statement. It could have flared up again with threats we don't know anything about. We all know there are nutters around everywhere and she's been attacked horribly on social media. Meghan might have received some specific threats. One thing we do know and that is these are not RPOs. No girlfriend is offered protection of that sort until an engagement is officially announced. That may be coming shortly, but not quite yet.

Lady Deb

I watch Suits, I like it and Meghan's acting. I'm looking forward to the new season that's scheduled to start in July.

What is wrong with networking? One can even take courses that teach how to network successfully. Meghan has spoken about how she auditioned for numerous roles and didn't get the part or the tv pilot was not successful, until Suits. It is a huge accomplishment to be on a show that is starting it's 7th season, there are many actors, actresses, directors that would love to be in that position. There are too many misogynyst bullies out there who try to belittle women and their accomplishments. Meghan's co-worker, Sarah Rafferty has also spoken about how she found out about the show via a friend, she auditioned and got the role, successful networking IMO.

Acting may not be a 9-5 job, however there are times when you can be on set until the early hours of the morning, or other times you are not on set for a day. Where I live school teachers are off the summer months, June to September, so there are regular jobs that can give time off for a certain time period.

When Meghan was with Harry, we are aware that she went on a charity trip to India, wrote speeches and an article for Time magazine. I get the impression that she works hard and also enjoys leisure time, sounds like a well rounded person to me.

Quote from: psm on April 19, 2017, 12:52:03 AM
Well a lot of us love to criticize Kate here, but really are we comparing the careers of Kate, who started dating the future king of England at university to a woman who met a Prince at the age of 35?

Of course Meghan had to have a career, that does not make her special or better than Kate.

She is great at networking, married a producer and apparently got her lucrative job partly through the connections (I haven't watched Suits, but I asked my friends who do and they don't think she is a good actress). Her job also allows her to be free for what seems to be at least half of the year. It is not like she is working 9 to 5. She's just spent three months in London with Harry, a person with a regular job wouldn't have been able to do that. I don't get the impression of a workhorse here.

We don't know what Kate would have done had she not met William or met him at an older age. However, already Meghan turned down the Reitman contract (in December btw not now, it's only been reported now) and had to shut down The Tig. Her other social media have gone very quiet. All these adjustments within a few months of dating a guy who will never be the king, you know unlike the person Kate dated. She's also left her dogs to go live with Harry for three months.

So dating a prince requires sacrifices or keeping a prince means you adjust all your life accordingly, choose whichever explanation you'd like. Kate has been criticized for living her life for William, I see Meghan doing something similar. She still works for Suits however, and she has to, she has a contract. And unlike Kate who did not need an income, Meghan does need a job to sustain her lifestyle.

While at it, I have the same issue when people say Meghan does charity and Kate has never done so. Meghan started her charities in the last two or three years, so at 32 or 33 years old. That makes her better than Kate, who hadn't done charity until the age of 29, how? Especially when you consider that through social media and blogging, Meghan tried to build a new public image and charity for celebrities is PR 101.

I see a lot of people jumping on the Meghan ship because they dislike Kate. Well, to me, Kate, with her discretion started to look better in comparison.

amabel

Quote from: psm on April 19, 2017, 12:52:03 AM

We don't know what Kate would have done had she not met William or met him at an older age. However, already Meghan turned down the Reitman contract (in December btw not now, it's only been reported now) and had to who
I agree that  IMO she's hardly particularly wonderful. She had to work, as I presume she needs to earn her living, unlike Kate who is from a rich family, and was dating the future King from early on.. Kate had no need of a career and while I dotn admire her lack of work-fullness, I don't see that Meghan's anything speiclal

Its admraible that she's ambitious, however,  I don't know what her acting is like but it seems ot be in one TV series.. and her blogging and charity work seem to be the sort of thing that actresses and celebs "DO" nowadays, for PR.. I don't know how much time she spends on them or how much they mean to her.  Perhaps if and when she is better known, other than "harry's new squeeze" there will be a bio that gives some interesting details.
As for Kate, yes she's not a worker never has been.  So I've never understood why people seemed to think she was going to be soemthing wonderful in terms of her charity and royal work.. but this does have a plus side in that she does not have a career that she was going to miss, when she married Will. Meghan is an actress and usually actresses love to act, and she may find she hates the idea of giving it up. Even Grace Kelly who reputedly longed to get away from Hollywood, found that she was upset that her position meant that she could not do the occasional movie or bit of acting..
And Kate IS discreet, whereas Meghan's job forces a certain amount of needing to deal with the press and her public on her..

Eri

Quote from: Curryong on April 19, 2017, 03:03:44 AM
There were rumours ages ago that the Suits production team were giving Meghan extra protection. I think it was last year when there was all that ruckus after the KP statement. It could have flared up again with threats we don't know anything about. We all know there are nutters around everywhere and she's been attacked horribly on social media. Meghan might have received some specific threats. One thing we do know and that is these are not RPOs. No girlfriend is offered protection of that sort until an engagement is officially announced. That may be coming shortly, but not quite yet.
It's amazing 22 years old Chelsy AND Cressida did very well without security in a City like London even though I am sure they had nutters on them too ... but this 35 years old snowflake needs security in relatively quite Toronto REAL celebs go for tranquility ... me thinks she builds all this dramatics to keep Harry going ... that is the only way she could keep his attention for this long ... too bad for her it won't work forever ... Harry doesn't like dramas for too long ...

Lady Deb

Actors on the Suits tv show have spoken about the increased security that is in place since Harry and Meghan began dating. One actor also spoke about the increased paps hanging around outside the studio where they film. The production team got the security.

You may not like her, however some of us do, and more importantly Harry and Meghan make a wonderful couple.

amabel

How exactly?  they don't spend much time together.. its not clear what interests they share.. they are not even seen together much in the public realm,,, andI don't suppose they have talked about their private relationhsipp...

Curryong

Which  Royal and their girlfriend do talk about their private relationship before the engagement interview? Charles and Diana didn't, William and Kate didnt either and the Queen and Philip certainly never let the nation into their feelings, ever.

Apart from skiing, what hobbies did people know about William and Kate sharing in their early dating years, (or know of now)  and how many photos were taken of them together?

What particular hobbies did Philip and the Queen share in their courting years? They were separated by Philip's naval career even after the war had finished. And they of course have been married for nearly 70 years now.

amabel

I'm sorry you're missing the point.  what I meant was "how can we tellt that Harry and Meghan are a "great couple".  They aren't seen pursuing any hobbies together.. so it is not clear what interests they share and enjoy.  NATURALLY they haven't talked abuot their romance.. since they are keeping it discreet.  THey live well away from each other, so they are not able to spend much time together..