Harry & Megan - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, March 17, 2017, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SueElen

You probably made mistake, no such  photo, if existed, would be all over internet ... sorry

Eri

I don't see why she would close her blog if they are engaged ... it doesn't make sense since it's the least controversial thing about her and it makes it look like she has an income ... she wouldn't want to be seen as just another useless person in their mid 30's wanting to live off the British tax payer's money ... Kate is forgiven for it because she is George's mother ... Megan will never have that luxury ... anyways ... wake me up when she leaves Toronto and Suits ... then we would have something to talk about ...

Lady Deb

It makes perfect sense to MM to shut down her blog so that is what is more important. I found her blog lovely. However, the tabloids found her blog to be a source of income by creating click bait articles. Last week alone, the DFail misused at least 3 posts from her blog to make up fake articles. It didn't matter if what she posted was 3 years ago, the DFail made headlines look like she had just written it.

Tiddles88

She closed the Tig because:

a) the rehabilitation of Meghan Markle has begun. She will no longer be associated with frivolous things. First goes the Tig, next (after Suits has finished filming) the acting career. She'll focus on charity work, maybe even get a paid job in a charity. Slowly the internet will be scrubbed of references to her previous life. And then...  :king: The engagement between HRH Prince Henry of Wales and Ms Meghan Markle, of the Wellcome Trust (or whatever charity), will be announced. Most people will not remember connect her to "that actress Harry used to date".

-OR-

b) Harry and Meghan have split, with no chance of them ever getting back together. There will be no statement, but sooner or later Harry will be seen with another woman and the world will know. Meghan is bracing herself for it and withdrawing from social media for a while until people start to forget about her and Harry. Once Harry is coupled up with someone else and the dust have settled, she'll resurface with a new blog. Most people will not remember that Harry once dated an actress.

I don't know why Meghan did it, but I'm sad the Tig closed up shop didn't leave an archive, there were loads of recipes there I wanted to try  :no: (I did make one and it was delicious).   

amabel

If she was likely to be getting engaged to Harry, its likely that she would get rid fo a blog, which smacks of self promotion..

SophieChloe

^ I agree @amabel. !  Just like  Kate wanting to be called "Catherine" prior to marriage. 

The signs are there for all to see. 

Let's hope she doesn't feel the need to forget herself and become mute and a bag of bones. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Eri

^ It doesn't mean she is getting engaged ... she would get rid of Suits first if that is the case ... not that she doesn't want her relationship with Harry to be very serious very fast but I can't see it happening while she lives on the other side of the World ... it could be like someone else said she got tired of every world she spit on that blog being used against her ...

sandy

She can get off the show Suits right after any engagement. That is possible.

Jennifer

QuoteMeghan Markle has just shut down her blog for an unexpected reason

Meghan Markle surprised everyone this weekend when she announced the end of her successful lifestyle blog: The Tig.

Created three years ago, The Tig – founded by Meghan Markle – was a lifestyle website and brand, focused on travel, food, fashion and beauty, boasting a strong following of like-minded individuals.

On Friday, however, Meghan made the decision to close her blog down, posting a heartfelt message to her website, entitled 'Farewell, Darling'.

Read more:
Meghan Markle just shut down her blog for a very unexpected reason

Double post auto-merged: April 11, 2017, 12:20:39 PM

QuoteHave your say: should Prince Harry marry?

They've been dating for the past ten months and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle show every sign of taking their romance to the next level. Friends say the pair are besotted with each other and they take every opportunity they can to spend time together despite living and working 3,500 miles apart in London and Toronto.

Last week, Meghan, 35, announced the closure of her successful lifestyle blog The Tig after three years, adding fuel to speculation that she and Harry, 32, are on the verge of announcing an engagement.

HELLO! readers have been following the couple's story avidly and now here's your chance to answer four burning questions about the royal romance...

Read more:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle poll: Should they marry?

Double post auto-merged: April 11, 2017, 12:22:15 PM

QuoteIs Prince Harry about to pop the question? Meghan Markle gives up her lifestyle blog

They are only four sentences, but they have triggered further speculation that something significant is about to happen in the life of Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle.

In a brief statement posted online the American actress has announced that she is to discontinue her online blog The Tig.

Markle, who has been dating the Prince for nearly a year and has been increasingly photographed with him in London and elsewhere, said it was time to "say goodbye" to the blog after three years.

Read more:
Is Prince Harry about to pop the question? Meghan Markle gives up her lifestyle blog
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Eri

I think people are desperate for Harry to get married and are literally jumping the shark with this one just like they did with Cressida ... again ... if he didn't marry Chelsy or even Cressida who was a very similar scenario to that of his parents I can't see him marry someone he got with last June/July ... I find it mind blowing anyone would think so ...

amabel

Agree. harry's romances seem to follow a pattern of being long distance, or with an actress.  He clearly is into the stage and is possibly happy in a long distance relationship

Maria5583

Meghan' s blog is about as interesting as the pictures of her going to yoga class published today. I actually came back from doing the same thing in Toronto. Hardly interesting. :teehee: I don't think that there is all that interest in her anyways considering these pictures were taken Saturday and only now they are being published.

I am happy that she is focusing on humanitarian work. Although there are conflicting opinions of how valuable celebrities are with their causes. The world does not need another fluff blog that talks about superficial things of her promoting her friend's businesses.

The end of her blog means nothing if she is still filming Suits. That show is also boring. I could not get through it on Netflix especially since I kept looking for landmarks of Toronto acting as NYC.

Curryong

Photos of Meghan going to yoga have been published several times before, so naturally there's little interest. However, are you saying that if she flew to London next weekend and she and Harry were pictured going into a glamorous club or restaurant together, all dressed up, that there would be no interest?

There's certainly been loads of interest in this romance in tabloids, magazines and all over social media, including gossip sites. Here in Australia the two of them, separately and together, have been on the front page of Australian magazines. So, not boring readers here, (or in Britain, where they've also been featured.)

The Tig was quite a successful blog and the fact she's closed it is significant IMO. It's been said that it earned her in fees and kind about $100,000 a year in income. As for its content, I don't follow such blogs, but from what I did see of it it was no better and no worse than any others.

As for Suits, you may not find it interesting. However, it's been picked up for its seventh season, so it must be doing something right. Even for cable networks seven years isn't a bad run.

sandy

Quote from: Eri on April 11, 2017, 01:16:23 PM
I think people are desperate for Harry to get married and are literally jumping the shark with this one just like they did with Cressida ... again ... if he didn't marry Chelsy or even Cressida who was a very similar scenario to that of his parents I can't see him marry someone he got with last June/July ... I find it mind blowing anyone would think so ...

Why would people be "desperate" for Harry to marry. Most have their own lives but wish Harry well. Why would his relationships with his previous girlfriends be an indicator of what happens with Meghan?  Men have relationships but they don't have to marry each of these women.

FanDianaFancy

People can be desperate  for him to marry  or  not  and to marry  MM or not.  PH  will marry  who he wants when he wants.

I  agree with Tiddles88

6%

View Profile
Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Harry & Megan - Part 2

« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2017, 11:20:41 PM »

She closed the Tig because:

a) the rehabilitation of Meghan Markle has begun. She will no longer be associated with frivolous things. First goes the Tig, next (after Suits has finished filming) the acting career. She'll focus on charity work, maybe even get a paid job in a charity. Slowly the internet will be scrubbed of references to her previous life. And then...  :king: The engagement between HRH Prince Henry of Wales and Ms Meghan Markle, of the Wellcome Trust (or whatever charity), will be announced. Most people will not remember connect her to "that actress Harry used to date".

amabel

Quote from: sandy on April 12, 2017, 01:59:23 AM
Quote from: Eri on April 11, 2017, 01:16:23 PM

Why would people be "desperate" for Harry to marry. Most have their own lives but wish Harry well. Why would his relationships with his previous girlfriends be an indicator of what happens with Meghan?  Men have relationships but they don't have to marry each of these women.
People certainly DO seem to be very kene for harry to marry.  People on this forum have always been insisiting that Harry "really loves" one or other of his old girlfreinds and is going to get back with and marry her.  now he has a new girl and people are at it again insisiting that YES YES he WILL marry Meghan.

Eri

^ I was thinking more about the press ... they are desperate for Harry to marry because since Charlotte's birth it's been very boring on the Royal front ... what I find mind blowing are Royal reporters who actually have a relationship with Harry and know him since his first breath saying he will marry on Twitter ... I don't know if they do it for viewership or they really think it  :hmm: ...

Jennifer

QuoteMeghan Markle is bent on keeping fit as she heads to a yoga class in Toronto after shutting down lifestyle website The Tig

MEGHAN Markle headed to yoga class this weekend during some off-time from filming the seventh series of Suits.

The 35-year-old actress, who is currently in a romance with Prince Harry, wore a striped T-shirt, black leggings and a mac as she walked to the Toronto venue.

Meghan, whose mum is a yoga instructor, has been practising the discipline since she was seven years old.

Read more:
Meghan Markle is bent on keeping fit as she heads to a yoga class in Toronto
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Eri

^ It's amazing how as Yoga addicted as she is she is never sighted on a Yoga class on Twitter or pictured while she is supposedly basically living with Harry at KP ... you would think she would enroll in one given all the time she supposedly spends in London ... she is only visible while in Toronto amazing that ... in our social media obsessed society she is never sighted with or without Harry while she is in London might be because you can only be pictured at the place you actually are ...

sandy

Maybe she has a yoga instructor visiting her and does not attend the classes. 

Eri

^ Seems like an unlikely scenario to me ... she is not a prisoner ... if she actually spend any time in London she would be seen like she was when she was actually there ... the truth of the matter is she is not tolerated in London for more than a week and she knows it or she would already left Toronto as desperate as she has been since Day one of this so called relationship ...

sandy

Sometimes celebrities hire personal trainers because they want to not because they want to "hide." Just who does not "tolerate" her in London?

Lady Deb

I quite enjoyed Meghan's blog, I thought it was a nice light hearted read, a little break from all the craziness of the day. I'm glad I got to save some of the recipes that were of interest to me, before Meg shut her blog down.

I really liked Suits Season 6, part 2. IMO, it was much more improved over previous seasons that I didn't enjoy watching as much. And I'm looking forward to Suits season 7, back on TV July 12th, yeah! Hopefully It will have the fast paced storylines of season6.

Quote from: Maria5583 on April 12, 2017, 12:45:01 AM
Meghan' s blog is about as interesting as the pictures of her going to yoga class published today. I actually came back from doing the same thing in Toronto. Hardly interesting. :teehee: I don't think that there is all that interest in her anyways considering these pictures were taken Saturday and only now they are being published.

I am happy that she is focusing on humanitarian work. Although there are conflicting opinions of how valuable celebrities are with their causes. The world does not need another fluff blog that talks about superficial things of her promoting her friend's businesses.

The end of her blog means nothing if she is still filming Suits. That show is also boring. I could not get through it on Netflix especially since I kept looking for landmarks of Toronto acting as NYC.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on April 12, 2017, 11:08:43 PM
Sometimes celebrities hire personal trainers because they want to not because they want to "hide." Just who does not "tolerate" her in London?
I don't think she spends much time here, she anad H seem to meet abroad mostly..

Eri

^ It's like any of his other relationships  :orchid: ... I don't care if he is 50 the man won't commit that easily and if he does it won't be to this middle aged divorce who has brought nothing but drama and bad PR to him since the beginning of their so called relationship ... we know Harry doesn't like drama or "needy" women who want him to act like an actual boyfriend ... Megan will be history the minute she asks for "more" ...