Diana's Family News and Chat

Started by LouisFerdinand, October 21, 2015, 12:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dianab

^i think jane is more similar to johnnie while diana was more similar to her granny cynthia... i dont think diana would have been a country housewife if she hadnt met charles... she surely would have married but a london man... i remember seeing her former nanny in a doc telling as diana since she was  a little girl as she liked her dresses and beautiful things... i think in terms of style (hair, clothes), her likes (city, beaches) she would have been the same, even if she hadnt got involved with the Windsors....

Double post auto-merged: April 15, 2018, 05:28:11 PM

Quote from: Trudie on April 15, 2018, 03:21:09 PM
I agree here especially when you look at pictures of her wedding. Jane has finally grown into her looks.
that's a perfect example IMO

the latest pics i saw of jane it was few years ago, the woman looked a 70-something, shocking really!

SophieChloe

^ Really?  I think she has beautiful skin.  Redheads usually do.  Porcelain like. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

dianab

REALLY! She used having a beautiful skin... then saw photos of jane with sarah and then in another event with her husband... both she and sarah looked so old, it was like they were about 10 years older than diana and charles spencer...

SophieChloe

Yes. Really.  The aging process gets us all in the end.  But, IMO she still has beautiful skin, for her age. 

Are you comparing her/them to Diana when she died, perhaps? 

amabel

Diana would be nearly 57, if she'd lived... odds are, unless she had work doen, she'd look a great deal older....

SophieChloe

@dianab The aging process gets us all.  Head down pressed on the chin doesn't help either.  Not to mention the now grey hair, which is extremely aging. 

dianab

^yeah but i know middle-class 50-something women they look much better than diana's sisters... most of pictures i posted of jane, diana would have been in her early 50s... i remember a article at DM about what diana would have been at 50 and with a current picture of her sisters, the comments were saying as old her sister look.

BTW Diana had that full of life quality in her and it showed in pictures - but her sisters doesnt, i say the same about kate and the queen

grace kelly dressed matronly in end of her life but at her face she didnt look anymore than her age was, a lady in her early  50s

SophieChloe

Diana was manicured towards an inch of her life.  Her Sisters had no need to be.  IMO therein is the difference. 

Double post auto-merged: April 15, 2018, 06:21:30 PM

Quote from: amabel on April 15, 2018, 05:57:08 PM
Diana would be nearly 57, if she'd lived... odds are, unless she had work doen, she'd look a great deal older....
Just look at Kate, when not pregnant she (IMO) looks like The Joker :

Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3e/a7/1f/3ea71fe11dc96e2491a41f0df05e6dd2.jpg

Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/24/71/0b/24710b706108065137119fd6a9b193cd.jpg
When pregnant her face looks like it is melting. 

I have no doubt Diana would have gone down that same route.

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on April 15, 2018, 05:57:08 PM
I agree @amabel-Genetics, sun exposure, diet, climate, weight-gain/loss etc...all factor in to how you will appear. Jane seems to have a bit of rosacea on her cheeks and nose too so that might limit which products she can use on her skin too.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Im pleased with the traffic this thread has gotten. As for their relative age appearance, I know Sarah smoked at lot, idk if she still enjoys a tipple or two. Combine that with her fair features, less than top shelf beauty regimens her sister had, and it explains a lot.

As for the pics that Jane looks really old in, she did look quite worn over the last 15 years, part may be the grey hair she didnt have colored for so long, idk if she smokes/drinks/diet and other factors. I DO think that the strain of being between Diana and Robert took its toll, then her death. Also she didnt avail herself of the work on her that Diana did.

Heres a nice pic of her from days gone by http://www.thepeerage.com/100888_001.jpg

and one of her with Diana where Jane looks very nice imo https://78.media.tumblr.com/2081fc0d007940659079b5e2f41bae87/tumblr_mmel4cAWTM1s866rqo1_500.jpg

Heres the wedding, where she does look more older and formal, esp against the sweet and soft lines of Diana's face as shes blossoming into the look wed all know her by https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/view-of-the-wedding-of-robert-fellowes-and-lady-jane-spencer-in-on-picture-id526891779?s=594x594

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

^^^That is a rather awkward photo of Jane on her wedding day. However I do like the previous ones from when she was younger.  :)

As to Sarah, can't help but recall that she was starving herself during her bout of anorexia nervosa and that isn't going to help with the aging process.

QuoteIm pleased with the traffic this thread has gotten.
:thumbsup: It's something that I think people had not considered and it's a welcome break from the usual "tastes great/less filling" discussions. :D

Duch_Luver_4ever

Thanks and Good point @TLLK I was going to include it and her alcoholism at that time as well, but didnt want to pile on LOL. Yes, the dietary restriction and loss of vitamins and minerals from drinking would have had an effect on her final stages of development which would mean a less resilient beauty features to draw on in later life. In general english/nordic women do have to be more careful with sun and other aging factors as the fair skin highlights any features on the face, good or bad.

Yes the wedding pics were a bit awkward looking, maybe there was things going on, etc. that caused her to not look as happy and radiant as wed expect.

The head shot was very nice, can really see the overlap of features of her and Diana in her late teens early 20s, would have been really nice to see her with the same hairstyle as Diana. The shot of the two of them, Diana's hair gives more contrast between the two.

Speaking of hair, do you think that Diana's red hair during the pics with the dune buggy were dyed? She didnt have red any other time before or after.

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

Hard to say. As a Spencer, I believe that she would have had some reddish shades mixed in there or it's the lighting IMO.

dianab

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on April 16, 2018, 10:25:12 PM
Im pleased with the traffic this thread has gotten. As for their relative age appearance, I know Sarah smoked at lot, idk if she still enjoys a tipple or two. Combine that with her fair features, less than top shelf beauty regimens her sister had, and it explains a lot.

As for the pics that Jane looks really old in, she did look quite worn over the last 15 years, part may be the grey hair she didnt have colored for so long, idk if she smokes/drinks/diet and other factors. I DO think that the strain of being between Diana and Robert took its toll, then her death. Also she didnt avail herself of the work on her that Diana did.

Heres a nice pic of her from days gone by http://www.thepeerage.com/100888_001.jpg

and one of her with Diana where Jane looks very nice imo https://78.media.tumblr.com/2081fc0d007940659079b5e2f41bae87/tumblr_mmel4cAWTM1s866rqo1_500.jpg

Heres the wedding, where she does look more older and formal, esp against the sweet and soft lines of Diana's face as shes blossoming into the look wed all know her by https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/view-of-the-wedding-of-robert-fellowes-and-lady-jane-spencer-in-on-picture-id526891779?s=594x594

All of pictures you posted, especially this one https://78.media.tumblr.com/2081fc0d007940659079b5e2f41bae87/tumblr_mmel4cAWTM1s866rqo1_500.jpg
serves my point of view that same jane having a beautiful skin she just looks old - she appears much older than teen diana here IMO - while diana had a thing of very youthful about her

Duch_Luver_4ever

True, although Jane is 4 yrs older than her which at that age can be a lot more than at say 50's. Jane always looked older than her years where Diana looked younger, but, except for the wedding pics, she looks beautiful.

Blue Clover

Earl Spencer's third wife Countess Karen Gordon reveals changes to Althorp Northamptonshire | Daily Mail Online

"The stately 90-room Tudor mansion and sprawling grounds in Northamptonshire are owned by Diana's brother, Earl Charles Spencer, and have been in the aristocratic Spencer family for 500 years and 18 generations. Earl Spencer has been in charge of the estate for the last 23 years. Althorp house boasts a 100, 000-square foot mansion, which was built in 1508 and has a world-class collection of art, including pieces by Da Vinci, plus antique furniture and ceramics."

LouisFerdinand

It was informative to learn that there is more than one portrait room. It would be interesting to look at some of the books in the library.     

:booknerd: :booknerd: :booknerd: :booknerd: :booknerd: :booknerd: :booknerd: :booknerd: :booknerd:

Blue Clover

I would give anything to explore Althorp House for a day. :crazylove: The books are probably magnificent. It is open to the public, the next time I'm in England I'll try to visit.

Mike

Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

FanDianaFancy

I saw that documentary on PBS here in The USA. It was really interesting and Charles, The Earl really seemed and emphasized he was a good steward and wanted to leave it better and continue respecting it.
He seemed like it was more of a job for him than his house.

TLLK

Blue Clover

Quote from: Mike on May 17, 2019, 06:08:20 PM
I assume you've seen the PBS documentary:

Secrets of Althorp The Spencers (Full Documentary) - YouTube

@Mike Yes, I watched it the other night with a documentary about Highclere Castle. TBH I was very impressed with Charles Spencer's intellect.  :thumbsup: He came across as very knowledgeable about Althorp House, his ancesters, and other historic families. He has matured and settled into his role as Earl, he is clearly no longer Champagne Charlie.  :teehee:

TLLK

I do not envy Charles Spencer's never ending list of repairs and restoration. Once one project is done another one is waiting to begin.

Mike

Did he sell his estate in South Africa to pay for the repairs at Althorp?
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."