The Sussexes and Family General chat

Started by sara8150, May 06, 2020, 02:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

I did manage to find a little article on the first time event. I'm guessing that the reason that this type of parade hadn't been held before is because Montecitio is very hilly and there isn't much space for people to gather to view it. The "shopping zone" where Meghan was photographed is very small when compared to neighboring Santa Barbara.  However now that it happened, perhaps people might reconsider for the future and it can be held again.

The DM article has photos of the event. Residents Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'were first to donate' | Daily Mail Online

Holiday Magic Parade - Montecito  :xmas4:

QuoteThis Saturday, December 4, Montecito Association presents the first annual Holiday Magic Parade of Lights. Twenty-five cars and vehicles, decked out in their holiday finery, will parade through Montecito beginning at 5:30 pm.

The parade route will leave Upper Manning Park, turn onto North Jameson and onto Coast Village Road, through the roundabout onto Hot Springs Road, and end in the Upper Village via East Valley Road. There will be electric cars, vintage cars, and a 1937 firetruck, La Boheme dancers in cars, cars from Cold Spring School and Montecito Water District, Sheriff?s vehicles, and many others. Santa will also be in tow.

?It?s truly a community-based parade, and I am blown away by the sponsorship,? said MA executive director Sharon Byrne, who is organizing the event. ?It?s a beautiful thing to see.?

Residents are encouraged to stand on the parade route and cheer on the vehicles, especially along Coast Village Road and in the Upper Village.

wannable

This is their first beautiful picture (finally)

wannable

alexilubomirski
Verified
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Archie and Lilibet.

This is one of those rare and special projects, that one is fortunate enough to be a part of.

To be able to continue the story of this family whom I first photographed as an engaged couple, then on the day of their wedding, as a married couple and now seeing their love manifest into two beautiful children, has been a delightful honour.

Anyone who has seen my #AllLoveSeries, will know that one of the greatest joys I receive from photography, is when I am able to photograph "love" in some form or another.

To be trusted by your subjects enough, to open themselves up and have their connection documented and translated into an image, is one of the greatest gifts a photographer can have.

This day with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex was one such joyous experience, and one that I feel extremely privileged to have been invited to capture. X

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on December 23, 2021, 02:50:17 PM
This is their first beautiful picture (finally)
I have to agree that this is their best family photo to date.  :happy:They all  look relaxed and happy in this photo. Lilibet's ruffled bottoms and matching white dress are classic baby girl looks. I'm guessing that she might have inherited Meghan's darker hair but at this age it's hard to really know. Those cheeks could rival Luxembourg's Charles! :vday2:  Archie's red hair seems to be a tad darker than his Papa's though. He's definitely looking older and has lost that toddler look as he matures into a pre-schooler.  :xmas2:

TudorQueen

I agree @TLLK Charles of Lux has found a rival for his cherub cheeks.  :hearts:

Such a great photo. They all seem so happy and relaxed, enjoying their family.

Archie has definitely changed and growing into a little man. And if his hair keeps going, will not be such a bright carrot top as dad is.

I am not always a fan of the 'traditional little girl' look but I admit I am smiling. Her little ruffled bottoms are sweet. So happy to see her.

I like the couple continue to use their engagement photographer. They clearly have a comfortable relationship with him. And he is talented.

sara8150

Prince Harry goes barefoot in trendy Christmas photoshoot  with Meghan Markle, Archie and Lilibet | Daily Mail Online

Meghan Markle shows a relaxed style in Christmas card photo with Prince Harry, Archie and Lilibet | Daily Mail Online

Prince and Meghan Markle show baby Lilibet's face - and Archie has red hair | Daily Mail Online
Archie is mini dad!!

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Holiday Family Photo: All the Fun Details | PEOPLE.com

Royal fans are all saying the same thing about the first photo of Lilibet | HELLO!

Harry and Meghan release first photo of Lilibet on Christmas card | Prince Harry | The Guardian

Archie takes on sweet trait from Prince Charles by calling Harry 'papa' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry back on 'front pages internationally' with Xmas card | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle's redhead family history unveiled as Archie proves recessive gene in photo | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry praised for funding Christmas event in neighbourhood | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Christmas card has ADORABLE picture of Archie or Lilibet | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Royal fans amazed by Archie's hair in new snap - and notice familiar feature in Lilibet - Mirror Online

The five hidden signs in Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Christmas card - and what they mean

Meg & Harry beam 'Lili made us a family' as they share first pic of daughter

Meghan Markle & Prince Harry 'celebrate freedom from painful' royal life with 'idyllic' Christmas card, expert claims

Royal fans amazed by Archie?s hair in Meghan and Harry?s new Christmas card - and they love Lilibet?s too

Curryong

That is a beautiful Xmas card, showing a very happy laughing family. They are so comfortable together and the two children, including red headed Archie, are adorable.

FanDianaFancy

Finally, a normal picture. Yes the children?s faces are slightly filtered, but,their right to privacy. AGAIN, I APPAULD SUSSEX for keeping the children as private as possible starting from infants. When the children get good in their grade school years to teen years, the public and media will mostly not know what they truly look like so the kids can to Disney with friends and their families or school trips and things.
If Jacqueline K O could keep her children private here in the USA after 1969/1970, MegHen can.

This is a nice family picture.      Lovely family.         Beautiful children.

TLLK

Sad to read that the author of the Meghan Markle Review has decided to end this blog.  :( Admittedly it wasn't one that I followed as frequently as others ie Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor, Luxarazzi,  Gert's Royals or Royal Central, but I did appreciate reading different points of view. Sadly too many of these blogs have been disappearing in recent years. The author admits that she'd stopped writing as frequently during the pandemic, but had started up again as lock downs ended. She lists her two reasons why she stopped, but did mention that she'd consider writing about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on her sister blog Kate Middleton Review if needed.

Why I won?t be blogging about Meghan anymore ? Meghan Markle Review

PrincessOfPeace

Curryong

That author had a long hiatus of not writing about Kate either, long before lockdown. There was some statement given about personal reasons for not blogging for weeks.  I remember following the two blogs in the months after Meghan?s marriage but haven?t followed either for about a year and a half. .

I disagree with some of the remarks she?s made, about Harry especially, and about the reasons for their leaving the RF. IMO there is a lot more to come out about that in future years. One of the reasons I?m looking forward to reading Tina Brown?s book and Harry?s. However, this author of Meghan?s Review is more than entitled to write about who and what she likes.

Macrobug67

I agree fully with the blogger.  It?s her blog, her opinion and if the topic doesn?t spark interest (actually to the point of boredom and anger) then why blog? 

wannable

Meghan is no longer a working royal.  Her blog style is fashion, patronages, appearances....

This type of blog has its viewers; royal watchers that can have a quick 'something to learn' about fashion (what the subject has worn, where to purchase, cost), patronages and appearances (quick review where the subject went, what was the purpose) all in one place rather than reading half to a dozen or more articles with Royal Rota reportings. Although some like to read (for example ME, Wannable) the dozen, check instagram, check super quick twitter of what RR's have to say/they are direct/live at the duty, so each EYE and EAR captures a breaking news, a curiosity, a fill in the blank of what the see and hear.

Nightowl

Going to ask a touchy question here, *Does having a title be it Duchess, Countess, Princess or Baroness make you a royal person?  Do you have to be born a royal to be a royal person?   I know that Anne, Beatrice, Eugenie are all blood born royals  and should be awarded the courtesy of that......yet for other women in any royal family, does a title make you just like someone born in a royal family or not?  Just curious is why I am asking!   

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on December 29, 2021, 01:13:01 AM
Going to ask a touchy question here, *Does having a title be it Duchess, Countess, Princess or Baroness make you a royal person?  Do you have to be born a royal to be a royal person?   I know that Anne, Beatrice, Eugenie are all blood born royals  and should be awarded the courtesy of that......yet for other women in any royal family, does a title make you just like someone born in a royal family or not?  Just curious is why I am asking!

The vast majority of Duchesses, Countesses, Baronesses etc have the (courtesy) title because they have married Into the aristocracy and their husbands are Dukes, Earls etc. Most of these, and their wives, aren?t royals. They?re aristocrats, unless they get a Barony for services to politics, arts and so on. Mrs Thatcher was a Baroness in her own right because of that and she certainly wasn?t royal. Royal Dukedoms are the exception.

As with the above, most Princesses around the world have the title because of their husbands. Wives in all cases take their status from their husbands, so, for instance the wife of the heir to the Throne and his daughters in law are most certainly regarded as royal due to that.

However, although not by precedence, Princesses of the Blood like the Princess Royal, Beatrice and Eugenie (and foreign born princesses born in the same sort of  position) have the title by virtue of their parentage and therefore that is considered superior to being a married-in, in that your HRH can never be taken away by divorce. Your father and/or mother?s status is what mattered.

Nightowl

Curryong:

Thank you so much, I needed lesson in regards to how titles work for non royal born women.   I get confused at times on what means what with all the protocols that are in place.    Sometimes I wonder why Sarah is still called the Duchess of York when  she is divorced from Andrew as she is not a born royal woman.  I only see born royal woman today as Princess Anne, Beatrice, Eugenie, and now Charlotte.   :flower:

Amabel2

Sarah has lost her HRH because of her divorce.  she is known as Sarah Duchess of York not HRH THE Duchess of York.  Meghan sitll has her HRH but she and Harry have had to give up using it in business situations,  and she is no longer a working royal...  so presumably her blogger follower does not consider her to be of interest any more.

Nightowl

Quote from: Amabel2 on December 29, 2021, 09:03:16 AM
Sarah has lost her HRH because of her divorce.  she is known as Sarah Duchess of York not HRH THE Duchess of York.  Meghan sitll has her HRH but she and Harry have had to give up using it in business situations,  and she is no longer a working royal...  so presumably her blogger follower does not consider her to be of interest any more.

So this:  If a non royal woman loses her HRH (Her Royal Highness) part of the title then she is then treated just like she was before marriage.....right? Oh so darn confusing......yet the same divorced woman who just lost her HRH can still keep her title be it Duchess, Countess, whatever and use it?  Why not just take the whole darn title off her in a divorce and the same for a man......go back to what you were before the marriage sounds so much simpler then using just *half* a title.  And on top of it all who curtsy to whomever and  who walks in front of whomever. How do these women ever get it right and still breath......just glad it is not me as I like the simpler life which is breathing when I want.........LOL    Thanks you for the info.......So I am thinking and correct me if I wrong, that someone who has a title with NO HRH, then it is an empty title meaning nothing.......One thing I learned is that there are *lots* of princes and princesses running around Europe with half a title ......My title it just *Ms* and would not change it for all the money in the world.....or for any man. 

Amabel2

Not really sure what you mean.  In the UK (continental royals have their own rules) the loss of the HRH is rather a big thing.  It is within the queen's gift and it signifies a certain status and closeness to the monarch.  So when Diana lost hers after her divorce, she was not that happy about it.  It meant that she would not be curtsied to by other royals, and I think that it was the beginning of a realisation for Diana that walking out and getting a divorce was going to affect her adversely, that she was basically losing her royal status.
  When royal women in the UK are divorced, they are losing their royal status but they can still use their husband's title as a surname.. just as the wives of peers do.  So Diana was Diana Pss of Wales.. and Fergie was Sarah Dss of York. 
It is essentially an empty title though.. but it provides some status.  One wouldnt expect the ex wife of the Pr of Wales to go back to Lady Diana Spencer..
To retturn to Meghan, she hasn't lost her HRH but she and Harry have been told that they can't use it for business purposes. I dont think that there is any restiction on them using it in a social setting but as they now live in the US and have given up their royal duties I suppose that this blogger feels they are not senior royals any more and she doesnt want to blog about Meg... plus she's disappointed at the way they behaved.

Princess Cassandra

We understand that there is an interest in American politics on Meghan's part. I'm of the opinion that if that materializes she should not be permitted to use HRH in the world of politics, either.

Amabel2

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on December 31, 2021, 11:56:10 PM
We understand that there is an interest in American politics on Meghan's part. I'm of the opinion that if that materializes she should not be permitted to use HRH in the world of politics, either.
I cna't see that she would do that.  While one can hold a title in the US, as far as I can see, if one is involved in politics, one can't use a foreign title. And it would probalby go down badly anyway.  I would imagine alos that the queen has forbidden the use of hte HRH in any kind of public activity such as money making or politics.

wannable

So after 01/01/2022 article about their comms, the next day we get this :laugh:  (IF these stories are true/pan out, the couple probably want to further stop the leaks)

The Daily Mirror (originator) says the couple are selling Montecito home because they aren't over the moon with that property.

Megxit from Montecito mansion? Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'plan to leave ?11m California home and find somewhere new' - because they're 'not over the moon' with luxury property
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle want to move from their California mansion
Insiders claimed the couple are now looking at other places to raise children
Comes after they spent their first Christmas as a family in the sprawling mansi
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'plan to leave ?11m California home' | Daily Mail Online

The DM format is better to read.

Also from the Daily Mirror, Archie's nursery school, which also says they are moving out/selling.  For clicks they separated 2 articles.

For my preferred format reading, the Daily Mail

Meghan and Harry are sending Archie, two, to Californian nursery teaching 'emotional literacy' and 'how to be kind' and his classmates have no idea he's royal, fellow parent claims
Archie goes a nursery which teaches 'emotional literacy' and 'kindness' 
California school also teaches Spanish, music, dance, theatre and coding
Classmates have no idea that Archie or his parents are royal, fellow parent says
Meghan and Harry are sending Archie to a nursery with 'emotional literacy' lessons | Daily Mail Online