What is the king and the queen of Jordan like?

Started by alice210, January 21, 2010, 11:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alice210

Ursula

Have you tried google?  I'm sure there's a website - perhaps a few. 

Lindelle

They did a sequence on Australian 60 minutes a couple of years ago.

They are far more relaxed than other RF's I've seen.

There was a part where they were in their very basic but nice and casual kitchen with the kids cooking a meal and talking about homework. Looked very normal. And they acted normal.

Hope you find it.

Hale

I don't know them that well either.  However since joining this forum I must say that I am slowly but surely coming to admire them.  Given what part of the world they reside in they appear to be very liberal and are desperately working with the aim to drag their country into the 21st century.  However, money is tight and for many members of the population habits die hard.

I have been hoping that other members who are better informed about the Jordanian royal family would join and educate those like myself.

Lindelle, I wonder if you were talking about the same documentary I watched.  They were in the kitchen and were baking a apple pie.

cute.

Lindelle

That sounds like the one!

It was all so normal wasn't it?

No servants or interruptions, just plain family.

Though they did show where they lived and about their official duties, but it showed them putting on more of royal thing when they were in England.

nova

Queen Rania transpires as a nice person who is genuinely devoted into her engagements. That's how she transpires when she gave her seminar at the Sorbonne (about 2 years ago).

You can check on their websites or on queen Rania's twitter account (cf. links under).

Websites:
http://www.kingabdullah.jo/homepage.php
http://www.queenrania.jo/
http://twitter.com/queenrania

Hale

Thanks Nova.  I agree, Rania does come over as a nice and earnest young woman.  I also happen to think she is a good speaker.  I especially like some of the interviews I have seen of her.

nova

At first, I didn't really like her.

By the time, to my mind she was spending too much on clothes and doing fluffy things while most of her people were really poor (she was before in Paris and met Bernadette Chirac to promote carpets made by women and that was it with some usual comments made by PR people... I was like well  :whoopdeedoo: ), the press was too much into fancy things (her looks, her fashion style etc.) which come after what the person does for me.

Anyway, I got an invite and didn't want to go neither was ever planning to go. It was on a sunday and was going to a concert on saturday. But, someone that I like here... told me that I hould go. I didn't promise her anything but told her that I'll try (personally just to see if I was wrong about her and why that member that I like think otherwise.

Long story short: I went to bed at 5am on sunday so I wasn't at all thinking to wake up. But since I like that member and don't sleep with the curtains closed, I made an effort not to go back to sleep when the sun rises. The conference was at 9am and woke up at around 8, took a shower and got dressed. On the road I thought I should go to my bed. LOL
I arrived at time and was surprised by the long file/queue of people. They were mostly older than me and they was also young people, the press, the helicopter (security matters) before her arriving, etc.

She really impressed me. She was shy when she enters into the amphi, very demure, class (I thought that she could be a parisian woman). But mostly it was her answers who really impressed me (even if afterwards I think that she got the questions before). She was clear, concise and very precise, she knew well the subjects.

But most of all she was nice and polite to everyone!  Even the police officers discussing with us outside the building, said that she was not only beautiful but clever. It made my day.  :laugh:

I didn't regret it. On second thoughts, I was happy not to have wasted my time even if I didn't like her vacations the following summer or "friendship" with Carlita.. If I were her I wouldn't trust her..

Erm, anyway.

I found her class and educated!

Lindelle

You are so lucky to get the invite.

How did you get it?

Hale