The Greek Royal Family news, current events and general discussion

Started by Jennifer, August 30, 2015, 11:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

In the beginning of the video showing the arrival of King Constantine, notice that the two pageboys and a flower girl are wearing gold ribbons.

TudorQueen

Nice Sofia and Benedikte, with a daughter each as companion, were able to attend their nephew's wedding. And Irene :flower3:

The bride is wearing the Greek antique corsage tiara. The tiara came with Anne Marie from Denmark (she got it for her 18th birthday) and was made from a corsage that belonged to her great-grandmother Queen Victoria of Sweden originally.

The Antique Corsage Tiara

No surprise we see it.It has been worn by all three of the daughter in laws of Anne Marie and Constantine on their weddings.

Curryong

It looks a fantastic wedding, a real mix of family, royal relatives from the Greek and Danish sides, and European friends including the Yorkies and husbands. A real get together and everyone very happy.

Touching that the bride wore such an historic tiara. Anne Marie married at a very young age, an exception even at that time. What a turbulent time she and Constantine have experienced during their lives together!

TudorQueen

The two bridesmaids helping with the train were daughters of Nina's new sister in law Alexia, Anna and Amelia Morales.

I also notice Alice Naylor-Leyland's daughter Nancy was one of the little flower girls. Alice who works for Vogue, hosted their recent wedding dinner back in England at her husband's family home Stibbingdon house.

TLLK

Thank you @TudorQueen  for the bridesmaid information.  I was wondering who they might be. I noticed that Ann Marie wore her  diamond cross necklace yesterday  which was worn for her own wedding at the same cathedral.

TudorQueen

I admit I am always curious about the bridal parties at royal weddings. Dont know why.

I found out the last little bridesmaid (still don't know the page boys). Its Gene Getty, daughter of Sabine Getty. Sabine is a Swiss born jewelry designer (married to a grandson John Paul Getty Jr).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRIA9hlsqhW/

There were a number of impressive jewels on the royals. Including the cross, a number with special meaning for the day.

Royal Jewels of Prince Philippos and Princess Nina?s Greek Wedding

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 1st wedding anniversary to Prince Philippos and Princess Nina.

TLLK

An interesting article on Princess Irene who is the daughter of King Paul and Queen Frederica of Greece. She's also the younger sister of King Constantine and Spain's Queen Sofia. This makes her the sister-in-law of former King Juan Carlos and Greece's Queen Anne Marie. Irene is the aunt and great-aunt to many in Denmark, Greece and Spain.  She is also a concert pianist and is interested in Eastern Philosophy.

Pocket Profile - Princess Irene of Greece and Denmark ? Lilibet's Handbag

QuotePrincess Irene was a studious and disciplined child and young adult, and one with considerable musical talent. She was a pupil of the concert pianist Gina Bachauer and would later perform as a professional concert pianist. She lived in Greece during the reigns of both her father and brother, which would last until 1973 when the monarchy was abolished. At that point, she followed her family into another exile in Rome.

Curryong

I?ve always wondered why Irene never married though her siblings did. Frederike was always one for arranging royal marriages for her children. In Sofia?s case it was a very grand royal match indeed. There are various stories about Irene remaining single, but I?ve always favoured the unrequited love angle. Although she was her mother?s companion for many years I don?t believe she was a picked handmaiden, a la Victoria of Wales. She seems to have been reasonably content in more recent years however.

TLLK

King Constantine has been admitted to the hospital in Athens.

QuoteKing Constantinos, who suffered an ischamic incident at the house of the royal couple in Porto Heli, was rushed to Athens.
The King was served at the Kranidio Health Center in Argolida, this afternoon, where he was given the necessary medical aid and his health condition was stabilized.
Late at night he was transported by ambulance of EKAB Argolida to the private hospital "Health"
So far no other information has been known about the health condition of the King.

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

TLLK

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYrYBztMlHM/?utm_medium=copy_link

Quote.M. King Constantine of Greece was discharged from "Attikon" Hospital today after being treated for coronavirus. His state of health has now stabilized and the attending doctors have decided that he can now be at home.
His Majesty was hospitalised with COVID-19 on Saturday, 8 January, and generally had mild symptoms, while fully vaccinated.

PrincessOfPeace

LouisFerdinand

PrincessOfPeace

Pavlos attended the 2022 ADAPT Leadership Awards at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York City on March 10:

Prince Pavlos March 10 Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images,%202022&sort=newest

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace