Charles and Camilla -General Chat

Started by cinrit, March 30, 2014, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothwen and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wannable

DAN WOOTTON: Prince Charles heads to his Welsh bolthole to grieve privately for his father and 'contemplate the future of the Royal Family' - after holding extraordinary funeral summit with William and Harry

DAN WOOTTON: Prince Charles heads to his Welsh bolthole to privately grieve for his father | Daily Mail Online

I think the BRF are taking 1 more week of grieve absence from work.

This is the beautiful cottage in Wales

More pictures of the beautiful cottage here Llwynywermod | Prince of Wales

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

A beautiful place for Charles to have some solitude and spend some time with his memories.

Princess Cassandra

At his time of life most folks are enjoying a more relaxed pace, but his life is ramping up and there is so much stress. It is good that he knows when he needs to get away and re-charge. I can't imagine what his frame of mind must be like after the things that were said in the Winfrey interview, his sons' feud, Megxit, trouble with Andrew. and his father's illness and death.  And he must be so worried for his mother. He needs this quietude and I hope there are some good times ahead. 

Macrobug67

Prince Charles has announced plans to open an education centre at his Gloucestershire estate.

The Prince of Wales is to open a training base at Highgrove for his charity the Prince?s Foundation, offering courses to young people in fine woodworking and textiles.

Prince Charles announces major new project at Highgrove - Gloucestershire Live

PrincessOfPeace

Macrobug67

THE PRINCE?S FOUNDATION HAS ANNOUNCED PLANS TO CREATE A NEW TRAINING AND EDUCATION BASE AT THE PRINCE OF WALES?S HIGHGROVE ESTATE IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE.

Building on the success of the Foundation?s work at Dumfries House in East Ayrshire and Trinity Buoy Wharf and Charlotte Road in London, the new base will extend access to the Foundation?s courses into the South West of England. The new facilities will be based within The Prince of Wales?s Highgrove Estate and opportunities will include:

Fine Woodworking ? A bespoke training course including marquetry and cabinet making curated by Lord Snowdon, Vice President of The Prince?s Foundation.

Textiles ? Building on the success of the Future Textiles Programme at Dumfries House which created the Modern Artisan Project in partnership with Yoox Net-A-Porter, the programme will teach production skills whilst also incorporating design influences from the Highgrove Gardens.

Craft Residencies ? The new location will provide workspaces for up and coming artisans in the early stages of their career. They will be offered the chance to work and collaborate in the studios drawing inspiration from the surroundings of The Highgrove Estate.

Building Crafts Programme ? Live builds of structures that allow apprentices the opportunity to put their newly acquired skills into practice.

In addition, The Prince?s Foundation also plans to take responsibility for the opening of the Highgrove Gardens to the public, which generates an annual income for charity. Following over a decade of experience running a visitor attraction at Dumfries House, The Prince?s Foundation will take over the stewardship of the Gardens in order to ensure they continue to be appreciated by the visiting public and to support the Foundation?s charitable endeavours.

Journal: The Prince?s Foundation announces a new training and education base on The Highgrove Estate

Sounds like something I would love to do!

Princess Cassandra

He is always innovative! I have been wondering about the future of Highgrove, as it so very much HIM and will be redundant someday (but hopefully not for several years yet).   

TLLK

A fantastic opportunity to keep the traditional crafts alive and for young people to discover some hidden talents.

Macrobug67

I was blown away with the depth of the programs offered at Dumfries and now this program.  Charles certain has developed a program that promotes his vision for the arts and conservation.  I?m impressed

We fill over 15,000 places on education programmes every year. We deliver over 30 distinct programmes across a broad variety of thematic areas. Our participants are aged anywhere between 4 and 74 and we deliver a high proportion of employment and further education take-up from a large number of our programmes.

Our Academic Programmes, delivered in partnership with other leading institutions, are often at the forefront of curriculum design. Our Further Education Programmes develop the next generation of practitioners, with a particular focus on hands-on education that teaches practical skills. Our Schools Programme specifically targets gaps in the curriculum or helps support formal education systems. Our Short Courses generate interest in careers and upskill existing practitioners.

The Prince?s Foundation School of Traditional Arts exists to ensure that traditional arts and skills enrich our changing world. Our pioneering postgraduate programmes (MA, MPhil and PhD) are based in the creative, artistic practice of the traditional arts. Our short courses, taster sessions and lectures are open to all. We have reached more than twenty countries. Our Harmony programme, designed for primary schools, gives young people a more holistic view of the world.

We believe that harmonious communities learn, as well as live, together.

Education

sara8150

Macrobug67

I think Charles is the obvious choice - he loves the arts.  So I think that is a win win for both parties. 

sara8150

Quote from: Macrobug67 on April 28, 2021, 02:53:50 PM
I think Charles is the obvious choice - he loves the arts.  So I think that is a win win for both parties. 

I?m agreed with you

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Macrobug67 on April 28, 2021, 02:53:50 PM
Yes, and he has always supported the arts. The patronages that Andrew most likely would hate to lose are those regarding the military and business. Perhaps he was happy to release this one. 

Princess Cassandra

So happy for the POW with a quiver of five grandchildren. In fact, between them Charles and Camilla have quite a few!  Someday the rift will be resolved and Archie and Lili will get to know what a wise, kind and generous grandfather he is. 

TLLK

There are grandchildren  all together when you count Tom, Laura, William and  Harry's  children. :happy:

TudorQueen

6 boys and 4 girls ranging from Lola (Tom's) who is 14 this year to newborn Lilli  :flower3:

There have been some lovely photos of Charles with his step grandkids over the year.

Lola
http://dianalegacy.com/behold-theres-a-stunning-new-photo-of-prince-louis-and-its-heaven/the-prince-playing-with-little-lola-parker-bowles-granddaughter-of-camilla-duchess-of-cornwall-image-bbc-clarence-house/

Eliza
Michael Middleton, Carole Middleton, Prince Charles, Prince of Wales... News Photo - Getty Images

Eliza and her twin brothers Gus and Louis in Scotland
Michael Middleton, Carole Middleton, Prince Charles, Prince of Wales... News Photo - Getty Images

Don't have one with Freddy.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TudorQueen on June 09, 2021, 08:32:04 AM
6 boys and 4 girls ranging from Lola (Tom's) who is 14 this year to newborn Lilli  :flower3:

There have been some lovely photos of Charles with his step grandkids over the year.

Lola
The Prince playing with little Lola Parker Bowles granddaughter of Camilla Duchess of Cornwall Image BBC Clarence House - Dianalegacy Latest Update

Eliza

Eliza and her twin brothers Gus and Louis in Scotland

Don't have one with Freddy.
That's a lot of birthdays to remember!  Thanks for posting the pictures. 

LouisFerdinand

Might Prince Charles make a private visit to see Archie and Lilibet?

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on June 10, 2021, 11:19:28 PM
Might Prince Charles make a private visit to see Archie and Lilibet?

Perhaps, if things go fine between family members when Harry comes back for the unveiling of his mother?s statue there might be arrangements made for another visit with Meghan and the children. There were reports that Harry will have lunch with his grandmother at Windsor and it could be spoken of then.

Having said that, I can?t see busy Charles going on private visits to California any time soon. Apart from any family tensions nobody is going anywhere much at the moment due to this pandemic except out of sheer necessity.

People in various countries have thought ?This is over, or at least getting better? over the last six months, only to be faced with a second wave. Unfortunately I don?t think there will be mass travel between countries again until 2022, when the citizens of countries in the First World will hopefully be mostly vaccinated. 

LouisFerdinand

fawbert

Diana Tunnicliffe, who has died aged 91, was the wife of the Hon Jeremy Cubitt, uncle of the Duchess of Cornwall.

Peerage News: Diana Edith Tunnicliffe 1929-2021

Camilla was a four-year old bridesmaid when the then Diana Du Cane married Jeremy Cubitt in 1952. The marriage ended in divorce ahfter 5 years, and Jeremy died tragically, aged 30, falling from a balcony in London.

-=-

Fawbert

TLLK

Thank you for sharing this news @fawbert. She lived to be a great age.

Princess Cassandra

I wonder if she married again, or whether Camilla's family kept in touch with her following the divorce and death of the uncle. 

TLLK

Mystery royal who showed kindness to Kate Garraway revealed | Evening Standard

QuoteK

ate Garraway has finally revealed Prince Charles was the mystery royal who supported her during her husband Derek Draper?s Covid battle.

Previously, the Good Morning Britain star had shared a member of the royal family had sent her a letter which offered the help fo a royal physician for her husband.

However, at the time the TV breakfast presenter did not tell who the mystery person was.

Now Ms Garraway appeared to confirm the identity of the mystery helper when she met Prince Charles at a Prince?s Trust awards event where she thanked him.

Speaking to Prince Charles during the event at St James?s Palace, she said: ?And you might not remember but you were very kind to me because my husband got very sick with Covid after the last Prince?s Trust awards.