The Archewell Foundation, Invictus, & other charities, news & activities Part 3

Started by Princess Cassandra, August 27, 2022, 02:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

I heard that many are saying the podcast is old news and boring. I haven't seen it - just repeating and "I heard....".

TLLK

Welcome to Part 3 of the Archewell Foundation, Invictus and other charities, news and activities. for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.   :welcome:

The previous thread can be found here The Archewell Foundation, Invictus and other charities news and activities -2

TLLK

The most recent Archetypes podcast has been released.

Meghan Markle says 'difficult' is a 'codeword for b**ch' in new Archetypes podcast | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThis week Meghan speaks to business leaders and entrepreneurs including Mellody Hobson, the chairwoman of Starbucks who was the first black woman to be chairperson of a S&P 500 company. She is married to Star Wars creator George Lucas.

The episode: 'To 'B' or not to 'B' also stars Victoria Jackson, the make up mogul and friend of Meghan. Ms Jackson is part of the Sussexes' 'close-knit group of friends' in Montecito and described being 'raped and stabbed' by the notorious 'pillowcase rapist' in the 1970s. She went on to build a $1billion business and then moved into medical research after her own child suffered a rare and often fatal eye condition.

wannable

Omid Scobie
@scobie

US #ElectionDay is here! Harry and Meghan's Archewell Foundation has created a voters checklist and opened a text service to help people find their polling locations.

DETAILS: Vote | Archewell

TLLK

The DoS has nominated filmmaker and philanthropist Baroness Beeban Kindron  for a special award.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and more share special honours in HELLO!?s Kind List 2022 | HELLO!

QuotePrince Harry has been following in his late mum Princess Diana?s kind footsteps with all of his charitable work and personal donations. But for this year's Inspiratio list, the Duke of Sussex told HELLO! about how he has found genuine kindness in British filmmaker Baroness Beeban Kidron, founder of 5Rights Foundation - a charity which advocates children?s rights in the digital world.

The DssoS has nominated the CEO of Smart Works for an award. Smart Works is one of Meghan's two remaining UK based patronages.

Meghan Markle hails uplifting other women as the ultimate act of kindness in special nomination - exclusive | HELLO!

Curryong

This charity is a very worthy cause, especially at this time of year. Glad to see Harry backing it. He has always had vets and their families close to his heart.

wannable

All these awards and honors. Meghan is receiving one this Wednesday GQ awards in London.

TLLK

The most recent episode of Archetypes has been released today.

Meghan Markle thanks Jameela Jamil for 'fighting back for her' in Duchesses latest podcast | Daily Mail Online

QuoteMeghan Markle today claimed a 'very, very influential and inspiring' woman pleaded with her not to give up on activism when she married Prince Harry.

The Duchess of Sussex told the latest episode of her $30million Archetypes podcast for Spotify that her confidante is the reason why she didn't stop after joining the Royal Family.

Meghan did not name the woman who spoke to her on the eve of her wedding day, but there was immediate speculation on social media that it could be Oprah Winfrey or Serena Williams, who both saw her walk down the aisle at Windsor Castle in May 2018. Meghan has also spent time with Michelle Obama.

The Duchess of Sussex interviewed British actress and influencer Jameela Jamil and the American-Iranian star of X-Men and 24, Shohreh Aghdashloo, 70.

TLLK

More information as to why the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are to receive the Robert F. Kennedy Ripple of Hope Award.

Duke and Duchess of Sussex to receive human rights award for 'heroic stand' against royal 'racism'

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be honoured with a prestigious human rights award after taking a stand against ?structural racism? within the monarchy, it has emerged.
The couple will receive the Ripple of Hope award on Dec 6 at a glittering gala ceremony that honours ?exemplary leaders? who have demonstrated ?an unwavering commitment? to social change.
The annual event is organised by the Robert F Kennedy Human Rights foundation, named after former president John F Kennedy?s younger brother, who was assassinated in 1968.
Challenging the royal ?power structure?
It is hosted by John F Ken?nedy?s niece, Kerry Kennedy, who said the Duke and Duchess will receive the award after having the courage to challenge the Royal family?s ?power structure?.
She said the couple had been ?heroic? by standing up against such an ancient institution.
The Sussexes are expected to attend the ceremony, with other award recipients to include Volodymyr Zelensky, the Ukrainian president.
Ms Kennedy told Spanish online news website El Confidencial that during a visit to South Africa in 1966 her father had spoken about the problems in getting people to talk about racial justice.
?He also spoke of moral courage, saying that few would have the courage to question their colleagues, family and community about the power structure they maintained,? she said.
?And this is what Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have done.?
?Told them what they were doing wrong?
Ms Kennedy, a lawyer and human rights activist, added: ?They went to the oldest institution in UK history and told them what they were doing wrong, that they couldn?t have structural racism within the institution; that they could not maintain a misunderstanding about mental health.
?They knew that if they did this there would be consequences, that they would be ostracised, they would lose their family, their position within this structure, and that people would blame them for it.
?They have done it anyway because they believed they couldn?t live with themselves if they didn?t question this authority. I think they have been heroic in taking this step.?
Previous winners of the Ripple of Hope award include Joe Biden and former presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, as well as former Democratic presidential hopefuls Hillary Clinton and Al Gore, U2 singer Bono and Desmond Tutu.
Prof David Nasaw, author of the Pulitzer Prize-?nominated book The Patriarch, about John and Robert?s father Joseph Kennedy, said he found the idea that the Sussexes had been honoured with the award ?somewhere between sublimely ridiculous and blatantly ludicrous?.
?A bewildering choice?
He has been quoted as saying: ?What in God?s name have they done to merit this? What percentage of Harry and Meghan?s wealth is going to worthy causes??
Robert Kennedy Jr has also described it as ?a bewildering choice?.
The gala will take place four days after the Prince and Princess of Wales attend the Earthshot prize in Boston, inspired by John F Kennedy?s Moonshot. 
Prince William has partnered with the JFK Library Foundation to host the ceremony. Caroline Kennedy, John F Kennedy?s daughter, has said: ?There is no more important Moonshot today than repairing the planet and no better place to harness the Moonshot spirit than the city of Boston.?

PrincessOfPeace

Imagine accepting an award based on the premise your family is racist.

Amabel2

Heroic stance?  ALl they did was tell lies and then run away from their royal work.  They have got to be kidding me.

wannable

Without the royal titles, they wouldn't have or get anything since quiting.  :laugh:

I can't wait to see Alec Baldwin announce ''The Duke and Duchess of Sussex''  :hehe: 'heroic act against the established monarchy'  :happy15:

The Kennedy cousins loser act 'every single time' the JFK one does something.  :therethere:

wannable

^The ''list'' of winner (JFK)/loser (RFK) this time isn't by royal watchers but by political watchers. The list starts 1963 JFK/1968 RFK foundations. So these political fans have a huge list of JFK Library foundation does something, the cousin finds a way of counter doing something too.

PERHAPS, Harry will be doing this to William forever, past legacy/death?! Never say never.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the Kennedy rivalry. IF both foundations have survived to date, there is ''followers'' of both foundations. Period.

TLLK

If people ie RFK Jr. were surprised that the Sussexes were receiving this award now while Archewell is still in its early stages, this statement from Kerry Kennedy serves to make the reason even more confusing. Am I correct  in presuming that the initial reason for the couple to receive  this award was for their humanitarian work? Ms. Kennedy should have included this statement on the couple's fight against "racism" in the palace initially when it was announced they were to be given the award.

wannable

It doesn't matter, what I've seen in the 'list/theme/purpose/who' of both foundations since 1963 John/1968 Robert, the latter legacy does shady things (to oppose), the 'fact' they have followers, the 2nd son, the 2nd filintheblank situation.  The latest is turning it into a William vs Meghan (Harry the accessory it doesn't matter if the couple contradicted themselves with timing)

Nightowl

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on November 20, 2022, 11:19:46 AM

Oh dear, seems like the Sussex's have no shame at all........what a way to make money, trash your family with lies on national TV in front of the whole world......wonder what their children will think when they read this history when they get older.

I just hope the BRF is prepared for the book of lies from the Spare who is totally unworthy of being a British Royal Prince....yet he and Meghan sure do love the perks, the trappings, the gold and glitter of a royal family as long as they do not have to work for it.

Curryong

Like me to run through some of Prince Philip?s remarks on innumerable trips through the Commonwealth on ?slitty eyes? to foreign students in Hong Kong, ?weight issues? of local people in Fiji, Tonga and elsewhere, ?spear throwing? in Australia etc? Seemed pretty racist to me at the time, and since. Not to mention Charles?s remark to a coloured Manchester resident who was waiting in line to speak to him, and he and Camilla?s hysteria in Canada, noted at the time, while listening to indigenous singing in Canada. But no, that?s not racist, not a bit!

FanDianaFancy

Henry?s  anger, bitterness, jealousy , and mental issues have no end. It is very sad and so deep.
Leaving BRF, etc,no problem.

The problem is the years, years, decades of damage he has done . GLOBALLY, WORLDWIDE to destroy, by any means necessary , The BRF and thus The UK will take years, years, decades to overcome.
  IF EVER REALLY??..

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Nightowl on November 21, 2022, 01:52:16 AM
Oh dear, seems like the Sussex's have no shame at all........what a way to make money, trash your family with lies on national TV in front of the whole world......wonder what their children will think when they read this history when they get older.

I just hope the BRF is prepared for the book of lies from the Spare who is totally unworthy of being a British Royal Prince....yet he and Meghan sure do love the perks, the trappings, the gold and glitter of a royal family as long as they do not have to work for it.
Quote from: Amabel2 on November 20, 2022, 11:26:41 AM
Heroic stance?  ALl they did was tell lies and then run away from their royal work.  They have got to be kidding me.
Quote from: Curryong on November 21, 2022, 02:52:51 AM
Like me to run through some of Prince Philip?s remarks on innumerable trips through the Commonwealth on ?slitty eyes? to foreign students in Hong Kong, ?weight issues? of local people in Fiji, Tonga and elsewhere, ?spear throwing? in Australia etc? Seemed pretty racist to me at the time, and since. Not to mention Charles?s remark to a coloured Manchester resident who was waiting in line to speak to him, and he and Camilla?s hysteria in Canada, noted at the time, while listening to indigenous singing in Canada. But no, that?s not racist, not a bit!

Thank you @Nightowl  @wannable  @Amabel2

removed

The BRF were more than welcoming to Meghan and very supportive of Henry?s choice of a wife, his happiness,
everything.

removed
Henry wore a Nazi uniform to a costume party. He called some troop members in his unit a racial slur for Pakistanisn.
He said Chesly was African or anything?.hint hint, not THAT kind of African.

Lets no go there about Meghan.

Sticking to the facts, Henry is a man- child, angry, bitter, jealous, resentful and there is no low, nothing he will not do to destroy Charles and William, his enemies numbers 1 and 2 and thus The BRF.

AIt is very sad. Henry and his lies have put The BRF out on open hunting season.
This political climate, this wokeness babble, everybody else offended by anyone, anything, Henry has destroyed The BRF so much  GLOBALLY, WORLDWIDE, it take years, years, decades even to ease from his lies, his anger, bitterness, jealously, and mental illness.

They none should ever take him back. Charles needs to be strong, draw a clear line now on som basic things
If Meghan should ever divorce him, no return ever to them.

It is very sad. Pitiful.

He is going to accept a humanitarian award fo standing against structural racism of The BRF.
Then his scathing book is up in January.

post edited to remove comments directed at another member.  Please comment on the topic not each other.  Any further posts that are directed at other members will be fully removed, not just edited. 

Macrobug67

CLOSED FOR MOD REVIEW. 

REOPENED.  PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE FORUM.  DISCUSS THE TOPIC NOT OTHER POSTERS.  THANK YOU

Curryong

Were the BRF all welcoming to Meghan when she arrived in the RF? Really? Don?t know whether that was so when the couple were left in isolation at FC for a whole summer before they left the UK. In spite of Press reports that family members were regularly in and out checking on them and the baby only one article, that the Queen dropped into FC quite regularly, seems viable. And the Cambridges never ever called in on them in Oxfordshire. Plus there were quite a few press reports that Harry would have liked Kate to be as reciprocally welcoming to Meghan as he had been to her in those early months, but it never happened.

As for Harry and the Nazi uniform, yes it was reprehensible and should never have happened. However, Harry apologised for his behaviour. Philip never did. And Charles never has. Plus, let?s not forget. The party where he was photographed by a fellow guest, was at Richard Meade?s fancy dress birthday party. The theme was Hunters and Natives. Let?s just repeat that, Hunters and Natives.

People were in black face, traditional African outfits, colonial headgear including toupees, and some had shields and spears. Nice, hmm? And William was with Harry when that outfit was chosen. If he found it so dreadful why did he not discourage his younger brother from wearing it? Did the other guests at the party, including the unknown photographer, gasp in horror and persuade him to keep his jacket on? No, apparently nothing whatsoever was said to him about the outfit by his fellow partygoers, English aristos.

Yes Harry shouldn?t have joked about his Pakistani fellow cadet, though apparently that man made no official complaint about Harry himself, it was the father who came out and said something. And Harry got into trouble and apologised.

Has Charles btw ever apologised about he and William calling a fellow polo player of Indian descent ?Sooty?? A joking and no doubt fond reference to a teammate. Still, however, insulting and racist I think we would agree.

I do not believe that Harry regards his father and brothers as his enemies. Nor do I believe that he is out to destroy the BRF and the Commonwealth (which he himself visited on several occasions on official visits.) Most members of the Commonwealth are republics who have little to do with the British royals (though the Queen was always respected.) There has been resentment building about the BRF in certain nations of the Commonwealth for quite some time, notably in the Caribbean and certain African nations.

Witness the recent tours by Kate and William and the Wessexes. That had nothing to do with Harry and Meghan, whatsoever. And in my country, Australia, there has been a very strong Republican movement since the 19th century. If affection towards the BRF was/is huge throughout the Commonwealth then a few words of criticism from the Sussexes wouldn?t harm it. It is the perception that British royals have presided over major injustices in many Commonwealth countries that has done the damage. Read about the Canadian orphanage and it?s hundreds of bodies of indigenous children found last year? That happened under Elizabeth IIs watch, not Harry and Meghan?s.

Perhaps Charles should consider his own actions and remarks rather than blaming other people when things go awry as has been his M.O. on many other occasions, instead of hiding behind others. We don?t know whether Harry?s book will be scathing of Charles or William or anyone beside the men in grey. If it is, then that doesn?t mean it?s untruthful. So be it!

wannable

I have seen compare and contrast pictures. A professional spray tan is a must for this award.  I know many public figures resort to it to look healthy rather than pale. Whoever made it out that pale equates sick.

Playing with the racist card is very dangerous. It can go anyway favorable or unfavorable. This second round will hit the couple or the monarchy?

In reference to the change of award from humanitarian to courage for standing up against the monarchy it did not make worldwide news but half a dozen of professors who have jotted so to speak the work over decades of real humanitarians criticized the couple and the RFK. Especially Robert authorized biographer. That the media is not giving them the attention is quite a thing too.

wannable

Like 72 hours before a black president with 💯 entourage black landing the UK for a state visit. Let us make a failed noise.

They are a joke. Both the RFK and the Sussexes. One for changing and offering an award the latter for accepting such an award. The first theme was shambles the second changed theme was highly questionable then.

wannable

What would you call an organization that makes last minute change in award theme? What does it say about the organization?

Anyway I stand with my first comment, since they have followers, since they have survived as a foundation since 1968, they bank on it.  There are all sorts of ''minds' in society with different morals, opinions and so on.

I am expecting a very harsh acceptance speech from both Sussexes. I am curious to know if the attack will be this time to a specific individual in the BRF rather than a full gaslighting of no one in particular.

Last one, sorry. Edit button timining vs my thoughts beat me to it.