Duchess of Cambridge set to resume Royal duties

Started by Limabeany, September 28, 2014, 12:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

Kate set to return to Royal duties as she recovers from her acute morning sickness | Daily Mail Online

Return to?  :lmao2:

The Duchess of Cambridge is preparing to return to work after recovering from three weeks of acute morning sickness.

According to Royal aides, the Duchess is planning to resume official engagements next month, with a spokesman telling The Mail on Sunday: 'There will be engagements in October and November. We just haven't announced them yet.'

The Duchess has been suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum – the condition she suffered during her pregnancy with Prince George. Although she has not been admitted to hospital this time, she has received medical assistance at Kensington Palace.

Now that she is feeling better, the couple are expected to move into their new ten-bedroom Georgian pile, Anmer Hall, in Norfolk.

'While they will be predominantly living in Norfolk, the intention is for Kate to hop between London and Norfolk while looking after Prince George,' said a source.
A few engagements spaced out so she shows her "bump" spaced out until the birth hoping no one snaps a photo in Mustique, it's all so predictable....
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

sandy

Kate has nannies for the baby. It's weird that they are making it sound she's doing this single handedly

TLLK

Thank you for sharing the article Limabeany. I'm guessing that since they expected the HG to return that her medical team was able to get a handle on the situation sooner this time around. Kate likely knows how to cope a little better this time around as well. As for those Oct./Nov. engagements, the annual Remembrance Day event at the Cenotaph is one of those events. 

Pips

So that means that we will not be able to see her... just on a balcony!

Eri

^ I know I lived just fine without seeing her ... is anyone missing her?

Pips

Eri

^ In fact I like her it's just that girl brings nothing to the table that one would miss her ... she doesn't speak her mind , she is not involved in Charity work or matters that are important all there is to talk when she actually does her ONE engagement every full Moon is her hair and outfits and I have other celebs for that ...

PaulaB

It suddenly struck me the other day why do we expect his wife to be so into charity work?  Her job is to support her husband and to have children.  She is pregnant with her second child and suffering hg again.  So they are going to be careful with her again.  I am sure she will fulfil the charity role later but for now she is concentrating on her family.

sandy

Kate's predecessors managed to do charity work and have children and raise them. Kate is treated as some sort of a fragile flower even saying she must be "eased in." I think she's workshy. She had no family to raise during the time she dated William. But of course there are excuses for her.

She has the morning sickness but the last time soon after she managed to vacation. Even before she got pregnant she had little work ethic. And the excuse was that the Queen was giving a "grace period" something never really formally announced by the Queen and probably was speculation.

What does "support her husband" mean? She's a royal wife and a future Queen and her predecessors supported their husbands by assisting in royal duties in addition to being a loving, supportive wife.

Even women who don't have jobs manage to get out of the house and do charity work or pursue their own interests.

Billions of women support their husbands and do manage to work and/or pursue outside interests.

I suppose after the days of supporting the husband Kate will have excuses further down the road: 1) the difficulty of raising teenagers; 2) William has a midlife crisis and she can't possibly go out and work 2) and finally her being too old

This is the barefoot and pregnant school of thought.

Kate manages to leave the house to shop and go on trips  but work, forget about it! She has to stay home and support her husband when the W word is mentioned to her.

wannable

The BRF is in a unique position with this third generation of royals, having the first and second alive and still working. There is no presedence, hopefully they are strategizing and restructuring, if not, I dont see any changes in the short term 1 to 2 years.

Canuck

I think that as a senior Royal, charity work IS part of Kate's role -- wives (and husbands) who marry into the BRF are expected to do that type of work.

But as wannable says and as we've discussed before at length, the Royal family is in a unique position right now of having so many generations of adults.  As a result, neither Will nor Harry has become a full-time Royal yet, and given that I think it makes sense for Kate to split her time between Royal engagements and her young child(ren).  When Will goes full-time for the firm, I'm sure she will as well.  Until then, having and raising children is ALSO part of her Royal role, and one that it makes sense to focus on since the many working Royals make that possible.

sandy

They are not merely "adults" the Queen and Prince Philip are up there in their late eighties and early nineties, respectively. She is giving some of the work to Prince Charles (who is a senior citizen). The three generations are all not young and vigorous, obviously. A thirty something couple should in this case be helping their elders.  It is not a unique situation. George and Mary did work when they were a couple and he third in line. They had a lot more children too and did more. Fergie was married to the fourth in line but she still did work more than Kate does now. I don't see this as any sort of excuse when the scenario for Kate and will is examined.

I don't think Will is comfortable with his role and pushing off full time duties for as long as he can. And the Queen who may not be happy with it is non-confrontational by nature and letting him do as he pleases.

I don't think the Queen should be used as an excuse for Will's reluctance and playing at being normal.

Will gets more free passes than any royal I've ever read about. IMO anyway. Kate does too. The list of excuses could fill an encyclopedia now. A pity.

Double post auto-merged: September 29, 2014, 03:42:50 PM

Quote from: wannable on September 29, 2014, 03:21:55 PM
The BRF is in a unique position with this third generation of royals, having the first and second alive and still working. There is no presedence, hopefully they are strategizing and restructuring, if not, I dont see any changes in the short term 1 to 2 years.

The Queen will be 90 in two years. Philip will be "up there." So I guess until the Queen and Philip are totally exhausted only then will the Golden Prince decide he's ready to do full time duties. Sounds like a selfish spoiled brat to me.

wannable

William (and Kate) and Harry are grandchildren to ER, hence third generation. George and Mary, children to the Monarch, second generation, Andrew and Fergie, children to HM, second generation.

There hasn't been this actual situation, where the BRF can take a quick look book decision as a what to do. I know what I would do, but obviously HM and the grey men need to move fast. If not, I don't see a change in the routine, that's why William went for ambulance service.

Whilst HM generation and her cousins are working, first generation, plus her four children, second generation, factor in the money expenses...Harry stay in the military until 55.

sandy

I think it's hair splitting. At 32, Will and Kate are not babies. They can up their royal duties from the pathetically low numbers they have now without stepping on any toes.

William is avoiding royal duties FT IMO. I think the Queen refurbishing KP was a signal that she was hoping he would do FT royal duties. And what other senior royals have taken Gap Years?

William is getting to do what he wants for whatever reason. I don't think the Queen is the type to discourage him from doing more work. He just gets away with what he does. How much or how little ambulance flying he does is subject to speculation.

How is it known Harry is staying in until 55? He's not seeing any more action and has a desk job (how long he has the desk job is subject to speculation).

Charles vision of a scaled down monarchy certainly is a pipe dream with all the laziness going around.

wannable

Clearly you don't believe in the money or what to do with the third generation problem authoritative courtiers have officially mentioned.  :orchid:

TLLK

Wannable and Canuck you both make excellent points. The BRF unlike the majority of royal families has 3 generations of adults who could be considered "working" royals. The monarch/consort, heir/consort and other children of the monarch and their spouses with the grandchildren as well. It is still QEII's reign and if she and her consort  wish to remain active and keep the full time work to themselves, their children/in-laws and HM's cousins that is their prerogative. The children and daughter-in-law of the PoW are serving the nation through their military/civilian air ambulance service and charity work.

Eri

Quote from: PaulaB on September 29, 2014, 02:47:24 PM
It suddenly struck me the other day why do we expect his wife to be so into charity work?  Her job is to support her husband and to have children.  She is pregnant with her second child and suffering hg again.  So they are going to be careful with her again.  I am sure she will fulfil the charity role later but for now she is concentrating on her family.
Problem is it will be very difficult to sell two kitchen Kate as a working Royal later on ... besides it seems she will use the children as an excuse to never "work" (if you can call what she does work)  which will result in celebrations WHEN Willy divorces her (but that is another story) ...

TLLK

I believe that is the general expectation for the majority of royal spouses in addition to supporting/accompanying your spouse. When it comes to the male consorts yhe gentlemen are sometimes are a bit more involved with the military side especially if they are former service members, but they're expected to represent a charitable organization or found one.

IMHO Kate will pick up her public charitable engagements again when she's feeling better but in the meantime she can still stay in touch with them through skype etc..or private low key visits.

sandy

Kate had a previous round of the morning sickness but her royal duties still did not pick up after that.  I don't expect her to pick up royal duties this time around either.

Quote from: wannable on September 29, 2014, 03:52:16 PM
Clearly you don't believe in the money or what to do with the third generation problem authoritative courtiers have officially mentioned.  :orchid:

What was definitively mentioned? I heard no official announcements about the Third Generation.

Double post auto-merged: September 29, 2014, 04:42:21 PM

Quote from: TLLK on September 29, 2014, 03:53:02 PM
Wannable and Canuck you both make excellent points. The BRF unlike the majority of royal families has 3 generations of adults who could be considered "working" royals. The monarch/consort, heir/consort and other children of the monarch and their spouses with the grandchildren as well. It is still QEII's reign and if she and her consort  wish to remain active and keep the full time work to themselves, their children/in-laws and HM's cousins that is their prerogative. The children and daughter-in-law of the PoW are serving the nation through their military/civilian air ambulance service and charity work.

So how come she is passing on duties to Charles? She's remaining active but it has been reported everywhere she's letting Charles take on some of her work.

William IMO is serving himself. He is playing at being normal and avoiding full time duties. I doubt he'll do much rescue work there in any place. He's doing pathetically little but is painted as a superhero for one reason or the other. Being a Golden Prince covers a multitude of shortcomings perhaps.

Double post auto-merged: September 29, 2014, 04:43:30 PM

Quote from: Eri on September 29, 2014, 04:00:39 PM
Problem is it will be very difficult to sell two kitchen Kate as a working Royal later on ... besides it seems she will use the children as an excuse to never "work" (if you can call what she does work)  which will result in celebrations WHEN Willy divorces her (but that is another story) ...

Kate has an encyclopedia of excuses already with more to come.

Canuck

Quote from: sandy on September 29, 2014, 04:39:06 PM
Kate had a previous round of the morning sickness but her royal duties still did not pick up after that.  I don't expect her to pick up royal duties this time around either.

Last time around, Kate did 24 engagements between mid-February (when she returned to work after recovering from HG) and mid-June (when she stopped doing engagements in preparation for George's birth).  Her Royal duties certainly did pick up once she was feeling better, and I expect the same will happen with this pregnancy, assuming her HG is not worse than it was last time.

TLLK

That is correct Canuck. She did begin to pick up her engagements after the winter.

sandy

That's not a whole lot of appearances.

Eri

I am watching Silvio Berlusconi's 29 years old fiance on my TV and she is supporting gay marriage there she is supporting it , celebrating and passionately talking about it ... that's the issue with Kate she supports NOTHING , she is passionate about NOTHING !!! It doesn't have to be AIDS or Cancer but she does NOTHING !!! Not even for what is supposed to be her comfort zone which is sports and arts ...

TLLK

With her last pregnancy she ended her public appearances at the annual Trooping of the Colour in June 2013. I'd expect her first major BRF event to be the Remembrance Sunday at the Cenotaph. Curious to see what she will wear for the diplomat's gala at BP now that she and William are attending this black tie/tiara event. This would be her first maternity gala gown and I wonder if we'll see the Lotus Tiara again or the Halo Scroll?

TLLK

^^^IMHO same sex marriage is an area where the government of the UK and perhaps the various faith groups might choose to play a role in rather than a member of the BRF. However if asked an individual member may choose to share their personal views on the subject.

I believe that the various member of the BRF does have a wide range issues that they care about very deeply and try to bring public awareness.