Camilla's fashion, jewelry and accessories

Started by TLLK, December 19, 2019, 05:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Queen Camilla
Wore a Bruce Oldfield

The simple, tailored silhouette was designed to look regal yet modern, with bracelet-length sleeves and a split front skirt. It is made from Peau de Soie silk fabric, woven by Stephen Walters in Suffolk. Embroideries on the dress were chosen to represent the King and Queen's love of nature and the British countryside; wildflowers from fields and hedgerows: daisy chains, forget-me-nots, celandine and scarlet pimpernel. There is also a line of celebratory bunting embroidery woven throughout, while the cuffs of each sleeve are also embroidered with the floral emblems of the four nations of the United Kingdom ' a rose, a thistle, a daffodil and a shamrock. The dress features a short train, designed to complement each of the two Robes worn for the Coronation Service. 

The Queen wore the gown with Elliot Zed shoes, and Queen Mary's Garrard & Co crown, a silver frame, lined with gold, and set with 2,200 diamonds, originally made for the 1911 coronation of Queen Mary. ''It has no jewels but diamonds, and the diamonds cluster together as if they had no support but their own light''.

Queen Camilla had hers and King Charles' rescue dogs, Bluebell and Beth, embroidered on her #Coronation gown

Kristeh-H

I like that Camilla had the dogs embroidered on her dress.  Dogs are family and I think it is very sweet that she wanted to include them on such a special, once-in-a-lifetime day.  And I think somewhere QE had a good laugh about it.

sara8150

Queen Camilla wore Fiona Clare Aldridge floor-length silk gown

Curryong

I?m sorry but I think Queen Camilla looks absolutely ridiculous in that pseudo Colonelcy uniform outfit. Other royal women all over the world including Queen Daisy of Denmark, have been given Hon Colonelcy rank in British regiments and just wear a hat, dress and coat when reviewing.

As for Anne, who hasn?t been within sniffing distance of an army camp in her life when not on royal duties, prancing around on foot and on horseback in a uniform she hasn?t earned, on ceremonial occasions, words fail me! These two are as well, women in their mid 70s. Sorry again but it just looks rather sad and quite pathetic. 

wannable

There are very few military ceremonial or themed uniforms worn by the BRF.  It is a tradition.  I don't think it will change for Anne or Camilla in terms of 'reading the room', it seems to date loved or liked. 

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 19, 2023, 02:43:14 PM
There are very few military ceremonial or themed uniforms worn by the BRF.  It is a tradition.  I don't think it will change for Anne or Camilla in terms of 'reading the room', it seems to date loved or liked.

I?m not talking about it being ?loved or liked?. I?m talking about it being appropriate. How far do you want to go back?

William IV was in the RN for years.  Three of Queen Victoria?s four sons were in the armed services, however briefly. Alfred Duke of Edinburgh was in the RN for most of his life. Arthur the third son was in the British Army for most of his life. They wore uniforms on ceremonial occasions. Leopold was a haemophiliac and did not serve. He was not given an Hon Colonelcy in any British regiment where he had to appear in military garb.

Edward VIII?s sons both served in the services. George was in the RN for many years. Albert Victor was an officer in a Guards regiment briefly. They wore uniforms on occasions.

George V?s sons served in all three branches of the Services. They wore uniforms on military occasions.

George VI daughter Elizabeth served in the ATS during WW2. She later wore military uniform for TOC. Prince Philip, her Consort, served in the RN and later wore military uniform on occasion.

In none of those families did these males 70+ aged sisters or wives ever go flouncing around in ceremonial military uniforms at TOC, having never served in any of the armed forces.

I realise that the BRF are down to their bare bones with this, as Andrew and Harry, who did serve are out of it, and some like the Duke of Kent and his brother are now quite frail. However, with Edward, who quit Marine training and Charles and William the only ones left, (and it is debatable as to whether the King will be riding at TOC in his 80s) these elderly women are the only spares to put into a military uniform and a faux military dress? Its a farce, and looks it!

wannable

Different era, women nowadays different story. Equality, feminism, woke, every little or big buzz word used to date.

Same goes with retaining working royals or not tied to how it's done in corporate world in reference to Andrew and Harry. Until 1990's with no social media they'd probably would have a little scandal and 'carry on', to date, nope. Cancelled.

Today it is all about read the room. It is extremely hard to continue anything if the room says another thing, doing so is a instant massacre first in social media, then front page headlines. So, everyone public, in position of power, VIP's have to read the room, it's crucial. Basically a purported misstep today is different from a misstep yesteryear. A misstep today may sound very unfair, it would for the 99% of the population, but with the 1% who have aides left right and center doing their job, advising, it should all go good. Only stubborn bosses will ruin themselves. Andrew defending his friendship, Harry trashing and allowing to trash his family, factually seeking loopholes in the UK system paying only 10% of the 100% court costs, leaving his father to pick up the pieces because it DOES look bad with the monarch's citizens, etc. etc. etc.

wannable

IMO we should all remember this.

''Lady Susan Hussey, a lady-in-waiting of Queen Elizabeth's, apologized after charity founder Ngozi Fulani accused her of making racist...

Ngozi was dressed head to toe with a traditional costume of her African descent, dressing experts said that her costume didn't come cheap, IOW it was couture made. The event was to honor women who head charities. Her dress made Lady Susan start talking about it, which then ended out of context or not, depending on the circumstances etc. Insisting on where are you from because of the African heritage costume was a yikes moment.

Note: This is just an example of traditional wear, and my above comment of read the room, today era vs yesteryear, woke, feminism, equality, cancellation, etc.

sara8150

Queen Camilla wore Queen Mother's Courtauld Thomson Scallop-Shell Brooch at royal ascot

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on June 19, 2023, 12:14:28 AM
I?m sorry but I think Queen Camilla looks absolutely ridiculous in that pseudo Colonelcy uniform outfit. Other royal women all over the world including Queen Daisy of Denmark, have been given Hon Colonelcy rank in British regiments and just wear a hat, dress and coat when reviewing.

As for Anne, who hasn?t been within sniffing distance of an army camp in her life when not on royal duties, prancing around on foot and on horseback in a uniform she hasn?t earned, on ceremonial occasions, words fail me! These two are as well, women in their mid 70s. Sorry again but it just looks rather sad and quite pathetic. 

@Curryong-I do agree regarding Queen Camilla's new dress for the ToC on Saturday. I understand the nod to her new role as the Honorary Colonel of the Grenadier Guards, but I'm not sure of the execution of the dress as it comes of as a "costume."  Honestly, I would have preferred to see her in the uniform rather than this dress.

As to the Princess Royal's choice to wear her Blues and Royals uniform, I don't have an issue with her wearing it. I find that she serves as a role model to the future Queen Regnants in Belgium, Netherlands, Norway and Spain by wearing their nations' uniforms even if they don't attend their respective military academies. So far we know that  Princesses Elisabeth and Leonor will do so, but we don't know about Amalia or Ingrid Alexandra at this point in time.

I've seen photos of the Princess of Wales,   Duchess of Gloucester and the Duchess of Edinburgh in either their regiment's uniforms or training gear and like the PR, they haven't served in the Armed Forces either. The late QEII was the last woman in the BRF to have actually served in the Armed Forces. Most of her female royal peers: QMI and former QBI (Princess Beatrix) didn't serve in their nations' forces either but certainly had an honorary role.

TLLK

Quote from: sara8150 on June 20, 2023, 03:02:52 PM

Queen Camilla wore Queen Mother's Courtauld Thomson Scallop-Shell Brooch at royal ascot

This is a lovely look for QC today.

wannable

Lady Marie of Denmark
@dagmar_Marie77
I'm not even sure how to start because @Remisagoodboy and I are fairly bursting at the seams to bring you this fashion find !!!

Never underestimate HM Queen Camilla 🤩 For the first day of Royal Ascot HM wore a bespoke DIOR outfit with the Launer bag she first carried for her wedding. She also much to our JOY wore the Queen Mother's Pearl Shell Brooch which HM Queen Elizabeth II often wore as well and her diamond drop earrings .
You guys we're in tears 😭❤️🤩 She brought the Queen in every way today.

Check out the details on the outfit on the second collage 🥰🤩🥰

#RoyalAscot2023 #RoyalAscot #RemiAndMarie #QueenCamilla

Both Twitter Users are fashion finders especially for BRF and European royalty

sara8150

Second day of Royal Ascot Queen Camilla rewear Anna Valentine pink coat dress at Sussex?s wedding in 2018 and new hat by Philip Treacy

TLLK

Quote from: sara8150 on June 21, 2023, 02:48:17 PM
Second day of Royal Ascot Queen Camilla rewear Anna Valentine pink coat dress at Sussex?s wedding in 2018 and new hat by Philip Treacy

I am glad to see her rewearing this ensemble as it was my favorite of the two outfits worn to her step-sons' weddings.

sara8150

Queen Camilla wore dusky pink wool crepe coat dress by Fiona Clare with a Charlotte Elizabeth crossbody beige handbag, which was paired with a show-stopping hat from milliner Philip Treacy when Queen Camilla get out plane she hold her hats due winds hardly in Paris visit don?t you remember when before she become Queen she is Duchess of Cornwall she had trouble hold her hats and skirts at Princess Charlotte?s christening in 2015

Queen Camilla wore Dior navy ball gown dress for evening banquet without tiara same late Queen Elizabeth but Queen Elizabeth wore sapphire jewelry during Queen Elizabeth?s reign years after Queen Elizabeth?s death Camilla wore Queen Elizabeth?s jewelry inherited First Lady Brigitte help Queen Camilla?s cape

TLLK

sara8150

Gifts present from late Prince Philip,Duke of Edinburgh for wedding present The tiara and bandeau are featured at the top of the page

This tiara been 1893 for 130 years from Garrard?s but wedding present for future Queen Mary

Young Queen Elizabeth wore Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara She wore the tiara for the first photo session of her new reign, just 20 days after her accession when she was still in black mourning for her father George VI

From past to present Queen Mary,Queen Elizabeth they NOW Queen Camilla
It was on our stamps and coins. It was paid for by the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland. So bravo to Kate and Camilla for wearing THAT tiara - a

Nightowl

Interesting, yet I did not care for the Girls on Camilla at all.  And I sure did not like that gown she wore either, just a big NO for me.  A more simple gown, even if was all sequins would of look better on her yet I would of preferred a simple black silk gown with no sequins or embroidery at all, and a brooch.   More is less as the fashion world says.

sara8150

Queen Camilla wore blue tunic top and palazzo-style trousers by one of her favourite designers, Anna Valentine

Why Queen Camilla Skipped a Tiara at Kenya Banquet with King Charles

Queen Camilla chooses sentimental jewels for Kenya state banquet | HELLO!

wannable

Nightowl

Well Camillas sure made a statement tonight, that is just fabulous on her, rubies and diamonds, my favorite combonation of jewels. 

Nightowl

I would love a close up of the gown on Camilla tonight, what fabric is it and who made it and better views of the gown itself...

TLLK

I was so happy to see her in the red gown and wearing the Burmese Tiara. The rubies were spectacular.