Royal Christmas threads for UK and the world now open

Started by TLLK, November 30, 2021, 05:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Dedicated Christmas and New Year's threads for the British Royal Family and Worldwide Royal Families in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa are now open.  :snowflake:   :xmas5:   :Jen: :windsor1:

British Royal Christmas-  In the QEII Forum.  British Royal Christmas 2021-present

World-(European, Asian, Middle East and Africa)  In the Modern Monarchies Forum. Royal Christmas and New Year's from Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa

TLLK

The Christmas and New Year's threads for the BRF and the European/Asian/Middle Eastern Royals have  now  closed and will reopen again next year.  :snowflake:

The Coffee Klatch thread will remain open.  :)

TLLK

Reopened for the 2022 and 2023 holiday season.    :snowflake: :xmas4:

Blue Clover

Great! Thank you. I am looking forward to a Royal Holiday Season!  :royalsneeze:

Nightowl

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year.... :xmas16: :xmas14:

PrincessOfPeace

Curryong

:snowflake:  :snowflake:
Yes, and the same back to you, and to everyone. My Xmas Day is less than an hour away now!

wannable

TLLK

:xmas5: to all of our members, lurkers and guests here at Royal Insight Forum.

Macrobug67

Merry Christmas from the VERY snowy northlands.  We had a major storm start up Thursday night and it?s still going.  I would say 3 feet at least and more to come.  Needless to say, we are having a very quiet holiday.  The big Christmas has been moved to New Years when we can all travel. 

Hope everyone has a great time no matter what you celebrate.  Have fun and cherish those things and people who are important to you

:xmas5: :xmas10: :xmas20:

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on December 25, 2022, 06:25:52 AM
Merry Christmas from the VERY snowy northlands.  We had a major storm start up Thursday night and it?s still going.  I would say 3 feet at least and more to come.  Needless to say, we are having a very quiet holiday.  The big Christmas has been moved to New Years when we can all travel. 

Hope everyone has a great time no matter what you celebrate.  Have fun and cherish those things and people who are important to you

:xmas5: :xmas10: :xmas20:

And you, Macrobug. Stay safe. It?s hot at long last here, especially today. We?ve been watching the terrible weather conditions in Canada and the northernmost States of the US for the last 48 hours. Hope everybody is well stocked up with emergency supplies.

Macrobug67

I have my storm chips.  Bought supplies the other day ( we had lots of warning).  The generator is on standby and I can cook Christmas dinner using instant pots and air friers plugged into the generator if need be.  And we have the ability to heat by wood.  So we are dandy.  We have power.  Many around us do not.  My brother and his family are out and they are saying another 24 hours.  But they are well set up and apparently camping out in the living room.  So they are having fun.  It?s all in the attitude. 
Glad it?s hot there!  Christmas on the beach sounds like so much fun. :xmas2:

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on December 25, 2022, 08:28:09 AM
I have my storm chips.  Bought supplies the other day ( we had lots of warning).  The generator is on standby and I can cook Christmas dinner using instant pots and air friers plugged into the generator if need be.  And we have the ability to heat by wood.  So we are dandy.  We have power.  Many around us do not.  My brother and his family are out and they are saying another 24 hours.  But they are well set up and apparently camping out in the living room.  So they are having fun.  It?s all in the attitude. 
Glad it?s hot there!  Christmas on the beach sounds like so much fun. :xmas2:

That sounds very efficient Macrobug. And thank heavens for modern generators and wooden stoves. Nothing worse than sitting in the dark waiting for emergency services to restore power. There were terribly high winds in Victoria a few weeks ago, trees came down and some suburbs didn?t have power put back for nearly a week. They had to cook on barbecues! Still, so long as you are safe and able to cook food that?s the main thing. I wanted to emigrate to Canada from Britain at one stage but the wintry weather, brrr!

Macrobug67

I wish I could figure out how to post a photo of the snow for you.  Hope you had a great Christmas!!

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on December 25, 2022, 07:24:23 PM
I wish I could figure out how to post a photo of the snow for you.  Hope you had a great Christmas!!

When I was a young teenager and living in Norfolk England near the North Sea there were at least four winters with snow up to the fetlocks! One was legendary in England, villages cut off, cars abandoned, animals and people frozen to death, and I went down to the sea shore and saw the edge of the sea frozen! Never saw that again but boy that winter was cold. From then on I wanted to come to Australia!

We had a lovely Xmas thanks! 14 of us lunching in the garden, bit of a breeze, lots of food and drink. I just hope you managed some dinner.

Macrobug67

Love this photo.  Not mine, off Twitter, but near by.  Typical Canadian  :laugh:

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on December 26, 2022, 08:35:02 PM
Love this photo.  Not mine, off Twitter, but near by.  Typical Canadian  :laugh:

Just looking at that makes me feel cold. Do the person?s legs snap off when he goes inside, I wonder! And there?s going to be one heck of a puddle when it all melts!

Curryong

And a nice photo of Crown Prss Mary of Denmark and family, including her sisters, attending a basketball match against NZ in Tasmania in very different weather conditions!

https://pulsehobart.com.au/news/princess-mary-spotted-at-the-jackjumpers/

https://content.invisioncic.com/r38859/monthly_2022_12/fk5e9ykaeaiuybp.thumb.jpg.15f0b0775fec49e4fdad9f10bac0e2de.jpg

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug67 on December 26, 2022, 08:35:02 PM

LOL This is just like my husband's relatives in Minnesota especially those who live close to the border. It doesn't phase them at all.  :gotchya:

We had an unseasonably warm Christmas Eve and Christmas day  in the high 70's and low 80's. (Thought it best not to share this over the weekend with all of you.)

The days before the holidays saw my son and I on the computer having video visits with  various Teladoc providers from across the U.S.A.  I ended up with an antibiotic, my son with an inhaler and both of us on prescription cough suppressant. My daughter had a run of the mill cold. Like many Americans, we're coming in contact with viruses and infections that we'd avoided during the last few years due to masking and limited contact. Doctors and hospitals are overwhelmed now.

We celebrated on Dec. 23 with brother-in-law and his family. The four cousins had a blast together. On the way to their home, my husband thought that Dec. 23 at 4 pm was the absolute best time to try and return an online purchase at a downtown mall. Yes one with very limited parking in an area we're unfamiliar with. He seemed stunned that there were so many people at the mall...on a Friday...right before Christmas.  :hehe: My daughter and I shared some amusing texts and even my son was shaking his head.
My parents arrived on Dec. 24 and thankfully my husband, daughter and son were well enough to tackle all of the meals and clean up as I offered direction from the couch.  I'm so grateful for all the work that they did over those days.  :happy:  Fortunately we're all recovering now and my parents had a good visit with us.

TLLK

:fireworks:    Wishing everyone a very Happy and Healthy  New Year!

Curryong

Yes indeed! Happy New Year everyone! And to you, TLLK and all the Mod/Admin team as well.  :hearts:

wannable

Happy New Year.  Wishing a wonderful 2023 for everyone.

I'm enjoying very much the Australian Swing, lots of friends at Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide, I don't have family/friends at Adelaide, but some super tennis fans I tweet with for several years to date are there, travelled! So getting a lot of on site videos  :hearts: