The Sussex Family General Chat Part 3

Started by TLLK, April 17, 2023, 02:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Welcome to the Sussex Family General Chat Part 3. The previous thread can be found here.

The Sussex Family General Chat Part 2

Reminder on how to alert moderators and administrators to a post that you believe is in violation of the forum rules.

QuoteDEALING WITH A VIOLATION AS A USER

Scenario: You're minding your own business reading a thread or scrolling down the Recent Topics list and you come across what looks like spam, a troll, flaming, off-topic discussion etc. What do you, as a user, do?

The answer: Don't get involved. Involving yourself in a violation results in both a continuance of the violation and the possibility that you might end up violating the forum guidelines too. Above each user's post, there is a small button that says "Report." If there aren't any moderators around, go ahead and click it. The team will deal with the matter as swiftly as possible. [/quote]

changemhysoul

I can?t wait until this entire thing is over. I want Harry back with his family, Meghan accepting her award in wonderful outfits, Heart of Invictus and The Games.

Can this Coronation come and go.

TLLK

Archie 'real loser' in Coronation row as Harry 'denies him opportunity', says expert - Mirror Online

Quote"The real loser is little Archie. How exciting it would have been to see the soldiers, carriages and horses of his grandfather?s armies. What a shame he was denied the opportunity however hard for his parents."

I honestly feel very badly for little Archie as he won't have any memories of being present at this event. While as a young child he wouldn't be expected to be present at the ceremony, he could have enjoyed the pageantry that will fill the streets of London that day. The color, the music and the overall excitement  is something that he'd likely never forget. Even his grandfather who was three years old, has memories that he cherishes to this day.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on April 18, 2023, 01:13:20 AM
Archie 'real loser' in Coronation row as Harry 'denies him opportunity', says expert - Mirror Online

I honestly feel very badly for little Archie as he won't have any memories of being present at this event. While as a young child he wouldn't be expected to be present at the ceremony, he could have enjoyed the pageantry that will fill the streets of London that day. The color, the music and the overall excitement  is something that he'd likely never forget. Even his grandfather who was three years old, has memories that he cherishes to this day.

Charles, who was born in Nov 1948, was four and a half, actually.
Harry to come by himself as he will be alone and snubbed and we can view it, No we want Meghan there so she can be booed by thousands, No, neither should be there. Stay Away. Some comments made in articles and in broadcasts by the media since the Coronation date was announced. The Sussexes were to be damned if they did, and damned if they didn?t.
And that unfortunately included their children.

changemhysoul

I think it?s fine.

One, I don?t think Archie should be called a real loser in anyway, for any reason.

Two, he?ll be having a fun day with his friends and family. Soldiers, horses and etc, he doesn?t need to be at the King?s Coronation to see. He can see all of that pageantry in various ways in the US. It?ll be different but we have our own. His day should be about him, Charles is already King but Archie will only be four once, his birthday should be focused on him. It?s better to be with friendly faces and engulfed in love.

Maybe a video call with Charles after the festivities calm down. I also don?t think it?s safe for the kids at all.

I do hope the kids are able to come to Invictus, Harry said he wanted to take the kids. It?ll be in Germany, they?ll be properly safe. They had an activity room for kids at The Hague. Even if we don?t get to see them, it?ll be a fun public event and controlled by their parents so they?re not just exposed to the media at random.

Curryong

Yes, it is better to be surrounded, engulfed by friendly faces and love, not icy disapproval. I do wonder how much children under five actually remember of these historic events anyway, and how much are impressions from documentaries and older relatives talking about it. And I?m sure Archie anyway will love seeing the Invictus Games.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on April 18, 2023, 02:06:55 AM
I think it?s fine.

One, I don?t think Archie should be called a real loser in anyway, for any reason.

Two, he?ll be having a fun day with his friends and family. Soldiers, horses and etc, he doesn?t need to be at the King?s Coronation to see. He can see all of that pageantry in various ways in the US. It?ll be different but we have our own. His day should be about him, Charles is already King but Archie will only be four once, his birthday should be focused on him. It?s better to be with friendly faces and engulfed in love.

Maybe a video call with Charles after the festivities calm down. I also don?t think it?s safe for the kids at all.

I do hope the kids are able to come to Invictus, Harry said he wanted to take the kids. It?ll be in Germany, they?ll be properly safe. They had an activity room for kids at The Hague. Even if we don?t get to see them, it?ll be a fun public event and controlled by their parents so they?re not just exposed to the media at random.

We'll have to agree to disagree @changemhysoul .  :truce: I'm sorry that  Archie is losing out on an opportunity to spend time with members of his extended family and their children. The  young children of the York and Tindall (possibly Phillips) families will likely be back at BP watching the festivities from the Palace windows with their nannies with no exposure to the media.  Having time to mix with other children who are about the same age is a bonus IMO. Archie will be able to see his father dressed for the occasion and wearing his Orders. He's at a good age to be introduced to this part of his heritage and to make memories that will last a lifetime.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on April 18, 2023, 02:23:17 AM
Yes, it is better to be surrounded, engulfed by friendly faces and love, not icy disapproval. I do wonder how much children under five actually remember of these historic events anyway, and how much are impressions from documentaries and older relatives talking about it. And I?m sure Archie anyway will love seeing the Invictus Games.

IMO Archie could enjoy attending both events and would have the opportunity to now have the memories of a lifetime.  :happy:

changemhysoul

Also, has Harry talked about him in his book, Simon Case has had a lot come out about him most recently "direct discrimination and harassment" sounds like a narrative that was projected onto Meghan, only this time, someone is actually going to come forward and back up their claims. But given the deep dives I?ve on Simon, this isn?t new and gives an example of that Torrie to Royal Palace pipeline. I also think he played a key part in the nastiness toward Meghan but that?s for another time when I?m not typing everyone out on the phone. 

?

Possibly, but kids Archie?s age & his friends are in California, not the UK.

He could see his dad dressed up in orders and etc but he?d remember because of pictures from the day. So they could get any photo of Harry dressed in official dress and show Archie to remind him, it doesn?t need to be Coronation day. In fact, we don?t even know just how much Harry will be dressed and etc.

And kids pick up on tension, he doesn?t need to spend his bday, with people who hate his mother (even if you feel the hate is justified, I?m not arguing that), as Curry said, icy stares and disapproval on a day that?s about celebrating him and his milestones. On days like that, he should be with people who love him, love his parents and can generate warmth without fault.

He wouldn?t be able to get that in the UK. I remember after Lili?s bday, a Telegraph Article came out about how members of the family shunned a 1 years old bday because they didn?t think it would look good.

True or not, I wouldn?t even chance it.

Video chat, video calls and etc exist. He can get to know his extended family throughout the year but his bday, that should be about him. Not his parents worrying if they do anything for his bday, is it over shadowing Charles. Nah. Archie has a loving, supportive home and family in the US.

You go where you?re celebrated and loved, not tolerated. Archie would have more fun with his friends from pre-school (?) then getting to know a bunch of people for one day and then flying back home.

I can admit some stuff would be cool to see but it?s not the end all be all. So yeah agree to disagree. It could be cool but his bday isn?t the time to try and introduce and etc. I also don?t agree that the kids are less exposed, the non-working royal kids might be talked about less but the family still deals with the tabloids, for photo taking, even simple engagements like the Easter Walk (not really an engagement but access is given to tabloids media)

And those people should be able to get 0 access to Archie or Lili, if they get a photo after it?s released by the Sussex?s and etc, sure but that media has been to violent to the Meghan, Harry and the kids for them to even possibly get a shot.

Invictus would be a better ?debut? of the kids if there ever was one, it?s tied to Harrys life work. It?s a fun and inspiring event that celebrates people and their struggles and it?ll be tip-top secure.

TLLK

@changemhysoul -Glad that we're having this discussion and while we're likely to disagree on this topic, it's always good to read a differing point of view.

As an educator who works with young children, I'm typically supportive of young children having the opportunity to interact with other peers their own age as  well as experiencing something new and unique. Archie probably has a nice sized group of peers that he's met through pre-school but interaction with others kids outside of that group is important as well for their development. Considering all the sights, sounds and LOL even the scents that he'd encounter that day is more sensory input and helps to lay the foundation for developing memories and enhancing creativity.

Since the BRF adults will be at the Abbey, Archie would be with the young children and nannies so I just don't see "icy disdain" being an issue. The BRF has concerns about Prince Harry, not little Archie so I don't see any real problems as their children would engage with him. Little ones who won't be at the Service aren't going to know about the Sussexes' interviews, books and docuseries so I can't see why it would be a problem for Archie to have a play date with cousins.

HistoryGirl2

^I agree. I don?t think anyone would blame the children for the behavior of the parents. Louis would likely have a blast with Archie. But it?s the parents? choice who children do or do not spend time with.

However, moving forward, this only makes me support the idea of making the title Duke of Sussex a lifetime appointment. It would be strange to see it be passed down to Archie regardless, but especially strange if he were to receive it having spent little to no time with the RF in England.

changemhysoul

I agree, it is good for kids to get out and mingle with different groups. I mean, he doesn?t need to go to the UK to do that ether way, he just needs mingle different kids in general but I understand what you were going for.

I just don?t believe it should be on his birthday. That?s not the day to try and developed and shove his birthday in the middle of other things. On his birthday, he shouldn?t be shuffled to another country, to be with people for a few hours that he doesn?t have much connection with. Sure, people might not take out how they feel about the parents on the kids but someone doesn?t NEED to do intentionally do that to let those feelings out. It?s human nature. Kids pick up on vibes. No one has to be outwardly rude or mean. They would be with more than the Nannie?s and etc and anyone can give off a vibe that a child can pick up. Especially if his parents anxious because they?re worried about safety or how covering their mouth to cough is a slight toward the King.

It?s best to do what?s best for Archie, which would be not having fly to another country for one, when it has to be shared with another big event. Anything that?s related to his bday in the uk could get accused of trying to over shadow. His birthday shouldn?t be used as a test day for anything. THAT can come during the year without the pressure. If his parents or his cousins parents are so inclined.

But for his birthday? That day should be about for sure joy, peace, love and happiness. No what-ifs or anything. Let his birthday, be his birthday.

And once this whole event passes, then they can work on taking secret trips or doing something like that and connect that way. That way, there is no pressure, no expectation. It?s not a time when Archie should be having, being with the people he loves (most kids want to be around their friends on their bday, not meeting strangers unless it?s like a theme park or something).

Or if any of his family want to reach and ask to visit them in Cali. Eugenie has done it. And if that?s too hard, Harry could work on sneaking the kids in and out to a visit or something to the UK.

So I don?t disgrace that meeting his extended family in the UK can be could and something they should try.  I just disagree that the burden and etc of it should be put on a day when he should be focused on and focused on by those who?ve been with him and watched him grow in Cali.

TLLK

@HistoryGirl2 and @changemysoul-Thank you for your contributions to this discussion, I really appreciate it.
Coming from a sheer emotional point of you as a parent and teacher, I feel sad for Archie and Lillibet not having interaction with their extended family. Due to the scheduling issues for the senior royals, it is more challenging for them to leave the UK and to go to California for a private visit. Their travel is more heavily scrutinized because of their position. Knowing that Archie and Lillibet have yet to start formal schooling,   a summer visit to Balmoral,  or Highgrove is probably the easiest and most relaxing place to start for the King to meet up with his son's family. This might be the place to make a tentative start to the kids meeting their extended family.

wannable

In my opinion, related to the children, the use of leverage is not working, this is a historical event, once in a lifetime.  Birthday parties are yearly until death, which again in my opinion, all that team Sussex PR about Archie's birthday, no show is a bunch of codswallop.  Rich people travel whenever and whatever, no birthday party will ever stop the rich from travel, only the poor and those whose image is in trouble.

changemhysoul

It?s not a once in a life time event.

There will be a Coronation for William, one that Archie would actually be able to remember. Now, I doubt Harry would be returning to the UK for that one but it?s not once in a lifetime.

There is also George.

There are 365 days in a year, a date other than Archie?s bday could?ve been chosen. But by, putting it on his birthday.

But you do know what?s actually a one in a life time event? Turning 4. He doesn?t turn 4 twice. Yes, he?ll have another bday; but that?s when he?ll be 5. So he might have to wait a while about there will at least 1 more coronation and ANOTHER one after that.

I don?t see any Sussex PR, can you point me to a statement or am any statements from other than saying the Duchess of Sussex will stay back with the kids. Honestly, us online and friends of the royals, Palace sources, royal Rota press pirates, friends of the royals and senior palace aids have spoken about it more than the Sussex?s or anything or anyone relating to them have spoken.

Anywho, Archie?s bday is just has important as Charles coronation has, he is already king. This is just a confirmation service. If and the whole point of the firm is putting themselves first, then Meghan and a Harry can put their son and HIS day first. This isn?t a polo match 30 minutes away from his house. What?s important for Archie isn?t being in a country for an event that doesn?t include him (in fact, we?ve been briefed that Archie and Lili weren?t invited, not included and not even invited to fringe events) or impact him in any real way. He should be with his friends, family, and loved ones in Cali.

And that is a perfectly valid reason. When your grandsons birthday is chosen, when other days are available, you make that gamble.

And obviously, it?s not image problems. Has much as people want to invent image problems. Meghan did nothing wrong during the Jubilee and Funerals yet, she was abused day in and day out. Family within the Palace was in a rush to tell us that Charles didn?t consider her worthy enough for Balmoral, telling us she isn?t family or welcomed. They leaked about the various ways in which the Sussex?s would be snubbed when the focus should?ve been on The Queen. Constant leaks and etc. abused for holding her husbands hand.

Honestly, there is no point to put herself through that for Charles Coronation. Meghan isn?t seen and yet she?s abused daily. 44 articles from the Express in a 24 hour period bashing Meghan for simply not attending. If people can?t see how that encourages and incentivizes hate, and makes it dangerous for her. This is a country that has made blatant attacks, calls of violence and vile things about her. She doesn?t need to risk herself for a family who shrugs and say ?this is the same? when it?s clearly not and they either don?t care or don?t have the capacity to understand how their silence gives quiet acceptance to that hate.

They got what they wanted, Meghan gone so people need to not be bothered by her or her kids not being there. So yeah, it looks like a birthday did stop this Rich persons travel plans. You don?t speak for for all rich people. So, that?s your assumption, not a fact. She?d rather celebrate her sons bday in peace and not be used as fodder by palace sources and the British media.

RE: TLLK

I do agree, it would be good to get to know his cousins. I just believe, that shouldn?t be done all in one day on his birthday. They managed to get in and out for the trip before Invictus, so they could plan something like that. Anything out of the public eye and not squashed between a whole big event happening.

wannable

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages ? Learn more
lifetime
noun
the duration of a person's life.

Everything I state is in my opinion, including the definition from Oxford dictionary.

wannable

In my opinion Harry and Meghan failed big time with their hate speech from racism to trashing both sides of their families. In my opinion, the racism hate speech was designed to divide people, they didn't expect to see famous and leaders, including politicians of the black community - international from South Africa, USA and UK, to the Caribbean, intelligent people seeing what they were really up to. In my opinion, then the religious groups tied to family values, no ambassadorship would use them as a leading example.

In my opinion the people in it's majority including the people in the media can voice - both nations from where these two are from have the right to scrutinize and criticize them phrase by phrase, sentence by sentence. 

QuotePart of this comment/link was removed by a moderator because it didn't abide by our community standards: User Conduct and Etiquette and Registration Agreement. Replies may also be deleted. Please see any private notification for more details.

Nightowl

Quote from: changemhysoul on April 19, 2023, 04:33:16 PM
It?s not a once in a life time event.

There will be a Coronation for William, one that Archie would actually be able to remember. Now, I doubt Harry would be returning to the UK for that one but it?s not once in a lifetime.

There is also George.

There are 365 days in a year, a date other than Archie?s bday could?ve been chosen. But by, putting it on his birthday.

But you do know what?s actually a one in a life time event? Turning 4. He doesn?t turn 4 twice. Yes, he?ll have another bday; but that?s when he?ll be 5. So he might have to wait a while about there will at least 1 more coronation and ANOTHER one after that.

I don?t see any Sussex PR, can you point me to a statement or am any statements from other than saying the Duchess of Sussex will stay back with the kids. Honestly, us online and friends of the royals, Palace sources, royal Rota press pirates, friends of the royals and senior palace aids have spoken about it more than the Sussex?s or anything or anyone relating to them have spoken.

Anywho, Archie?s bday is just has important as Charles coronation has, he is already king. This is just a confirmation service. If and the whole point of the firm is putting themselves first, then Meghan and a Harry can put their son and HIS day first. This isn?t a polo match 30 minutes away from his house. What?s important for Archie isn?t being in a country for an event that doesn?t include him (in fact, we?ve been briefed that Archie and Lili weren?t invited, not included and not even invited to fringe events) or impact him in any real way. He should be with his friends, family, and loved ones in Cali.

And that is a perfectly valid reason. When your grandsons birthday is chosen, when other days are available, you make that gamble.

And obviously, it?s not image problems. Has much as people want to invent image problems. Meghan did nothing wrong during the Jubilee and Funerals yet, she was abused day in and day out. Family within the Palace was in a rush to tell us that Charles didn?t consider her worthy enough for Balmoral, telling us she isn?t family or welcomed. They leaked about the various ways in which the Sussex?s would be snubbed when the focus should?ve been on The Queen. Constant leaks and etc. abused for holding her husbands hand.

Honestly, there is no point to put herself through that for Charles Coronation. Meghan isn?t seen and yet she?s abused daily. 44 articles from the Express in a 24 hour period bashing Meghan for simply not attending. If people can?t see how that encourages and incentivizes hate, and makes it dangerous for her. This is a country that has made blatant attacks, calls of violence and vile things about her. She doesn?t need to risk herself for a family who shrugs and say ?this is the same? when it?s clearly not and they either don?t care or don?t have the capacity to understand how their silence gives quiet acceptance to that hate.

They got what they wanted, Meghan gone so people need to not be bothered by her or her kids not being there. So yeah, it looks like a birthday did stop this Rich persons travel plans. You don?t speak for for all rich people. So, that?s your assumption, not a fact. She?d rather celebrate her sons bday in peace and not be used as fodder by palace sources and the British media.

RE: TLLK

I do agree, it would be good to get to know his cousins. I just believe, that shouldn?t be done all in one day on his birthday. They managed to get in and out for the trip before Invictus, so they could plan something like that. Anything out of the public eye and not squashed between a whole big event happening.

It is a once in a lifetime event for *King Charles* as nobody knows when he will pass on so that William  will be the next king!

Nightowl

Quote from: wannable on April 19, 2023, 04:53:33 PM
In my opinion Harry and Meghan failed big time with their hate speech from racism to trashing both sides of their families. In my opinion, the racism hate speech was designed to divide people, they didn't expect to see famous and leaders, including politicians of the black community - international from South Africa, USA and UK, to the Caribbean, intelligent people seeing what they were really up to. In my opinion, then the religious groups tied to family values, no ambassadorship would use them as a leading example.

In my opinion the people in it's majority including the people in the media can voice - both nations from where these two are from have the right to scrutinize and criticize them phrase by phrase, sentence by sentence.

:goodpost:   
Brilliant....

changemhysoul

Quote from: Nightowl on April 19, 2023, 06:32:18 PM
It is a once in a lifetime event for *King Charles* as nobody knows when he will pass on so that William  will be the next king!

Yes.

And Archie?s 4th bday is a once in a life time event for him. So Charles big day be important for him and Archie?s big day can be important for him. Anything can happen, so he should enjoy his day, at his home.

And both people, can prioritized as they see fit.

Charles will have a good day and has his focus on him.

Archie will be safe and happy and have his day focused on him. Both are reasonable and great outcomes. The only issue are people who feel the need to monopolize Archie?s day for Charles when Archie is 4 and should be able to have fun without his day being about his grandpa.

?

And you have the right to your opinion.

Nothing they said falls under hate speech. As much as people might wish it to be so to justify their feelings. Please don?t make light, and belittle what hate speech actually is just because they said something you don?t like about the people you like.

Or we just have vastly different ideals and morals of what hate speech falls under, but please, when you can link me Meghan or Meghan saying that any member of the family should?ve thrown over a baloney, when they call someone?s child a chimp, when they post art depicting any of the RF kids are dark skin, big lips, holding a gun, while having needles in their bodies, when one of them says that any of the kids are abomination that should be put down. When either of them, talk about how they?d love for the members of the family to be naked while having excrement thrown at them and etc.

When you can point me to them saying stuff along the lines of THAT, then we can talk about them and hate speech.

And yeah, they might like 40 articles of praise but in saying that, you completely skip over my point of 44 articles of harassment within a 24 hour period for Meghan doing what people wanted and staying away. If you can?t have a conversation about that and the real threat, best not bring it up at all. And thank you for proving the point of what I said, seeing as the only you came away with was ?I?m sure they love to have 40 articles of praise?

And I?m sure, they?d just be happy without the constant harassment but they, especially Meghan, is never viewed as a human being with feelings and because someone doesn?t like her, means they?ll ignore the abuse and harassment and claims it doesn?t exist. I don?t see a civil and nuanced convo happening so I?m going bow out on this front.

Also, I don?t know how much this leans into breaking rules but can we not bring up race and black and stealing because it?s giving racist dog whistles. Like yeah, walk-mart stealing is bad but you also have little black boys getting shot for no reason.

Honestly, tacking that part on, was sly and nasty and honestly I don?t have words. We could say a lot about white people but I didn?t go there, you need. It wasn?t needed, at all.

I?ll see you guys in a few days or another thread or something because?just wow.

There was 0 reason to go there and bring up black people for any reason at all. And in such an attempt to be a sly dog whistle about race.

TLLK

QuoteThis thread has started to veer off-topic. Although we are happy to accommodate discussions branching out from the central theme, this particular thread of discussion has lost any reasonable connection with the main topic. Therefore further off-topic posts which continue this digression may be removed. Please keep our community standards in mind when posting User Conduct and Etiquette and Registration Agreement. Thank you. The Sussex Family General Chat thread will remain locked for a period of time.

Curryong

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12010109/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-laugh-smile-awkwardly-theyre-spotted-LA-basketball-game.html

Harry and Meghan seen happy and joking together in a box at a Lakers game. Harry leaned in for a kiss after being urged to by the crowd but Meghan just laughed. It was lovely to see them enjoying their date night.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on April 25, 2023, 09:00:14 AM
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle laugh and smile awkwardly as they're spotted at LA basketball game | Daily Mail Online

Harry and Meghan seen happy and joking together in a box at a Lakers game. Harry leaned in for a kiss after being urged to by the crowd but Meghan just laughed. It was lovely to see them enjoying their date night.

Was so happy to see some date night pictures! Harry thought it was the kiss cam and Meghan was like not in front of the masses! They had also taken the Archewell team out to the game!

Curryong

There?s nothing sinister in that photo. Change observed in her last post that the couple had taken the Archewell crowd out to the Lakers game.