"Creativity" board > New Direction

Started by Jenee, April 03, 2011, 07:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

The "Creativity" board has been renamed "Royal Fan Art & Fan Fiction" and has been moved to the Royalty in General category instead of being in the non-royal forums category.

The decision to make this change stems from our desire to bring the board back to its original purpose - to create a place for members to showcase their creativity when it comes to writing royalty related short stories, poems, etc, or to showcase their amazing photo-shopping skillz by creating avatars, banners, wallpapers, or just whatever.

In line with this, we will be cleaning out the board and removing topics that do not fall into this new category.

In recent years, the Creativity Board has turned into a place where members have been free to discuss and practice their personal religious convictions, and that was never the intention of this forum. We are fully tolerant of all religious beliefs here, but we are now asking members not to start threads for the sole purpose of practicing their religion. This is a royal forum, after all, not a church. Prayer threads, "psychic vision" threads, tarot reading threads, etc, will no longer be allowed to remain open.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

A.S.K

I checked the new direction but there are a lot of threads missing from the Creativity board,where are the rest of the other threads???

" Praise "
" Imagination gives Warmth " - ASK

Jenee

Threads that were not fan art/fiction were either removed or moved to the off-topic board.

Hale

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by fan fiction?  Do members post stories on this thread?

Windsor

Indeed, the original board which was set up in 2005 contained fictional stories of members of the different royal families. Also within the real of the creativity board would be 'What IFs' threads, like 'What if King Edward VIII had not abdicated'

Jenee

Fan Fiction is a story written about a member of the royal family. For example, Lila started a great fan fic about Prince Harry > Isabel

We've also done a number of collaborative stories, where each person adds a line or two and the story goes on and on until it fizzles out. Those are really very humorous!! The most recent collaborative story was The Meddletons.

A.S.K

why can't I change my profile picture?
I had before 40 posts and now I have less,why is that?.

" Praise "

Scarlet Flowers

Thanks, Jen.  I think it's a great idea.
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Sandra Dee

Quote from: A.S.K on April 04, 2011, 12:02:48 PM
why can't I change my profile picture?
I had before 40 posts and now I have less,why is that?.
ASK, it's probably because some of your posts were deleted. Did you post in the creativity board earlier? Can Jenee confirm?

Windsor

Indeed, several threads were removed, the threads removed contained posts by A.S.K hence the lower post count. But don't worry, you'll have them back in no time..  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jenee

I can adjust your post count manually - sorry about that ASK

LiaFail

A.S.K

Thank you very much for adding the posts again,I really appreciate it!!  :) :happy:

" Praise "

LiaFail

Quote from: Jenee on April 03, 2011, 07:03:09 PM
The "Creativity" board has been renamed "Royal Fan Art & Fan Fiction" and has been moved to the Royalty in General category instead of being in the non-royal forums category.

The decision to make this change stems from our desire to bring the board back to its original purpose - to create a place for members to showcase their creativity when it comes to writing royalty related short stories, poems, etc, or to showcase their amazing photo-shopping skillz by creating avatars, banners, wallpapers, or just whatever.

In line with this, we will be cleaning out the board and removing topics that do not fall into this new category.

This is a royal forum, after all, not a church. Prayer threads, "psychic vision" threads, tarot reading threads, etc, will no longer be allowed to remain open.

What of my thread on the prince wiiliam's unusual coincidences?  You may include that under creative artwork if you like.

Jenee

Hi Lia
I just went through all of your posts twice and did not see any with a subject of that heading, or that included original artwork in it. Are you sure you posted that stuff here?

LiaFail

Quote from: Jenee on April 06, 2011, 04:33:11 PM
Hi Lia
I just went through all of your posts twice and did not see any with a subject of that heading, or that included original artwork in it. Are you sure you posted that stuff here?

Ah Jenee, you are teasing me! "Prince William's occulted numbers" is the name of the article and i started a thread of the same name.  It shows the strange coincicdences in William's life and its more artistic than Hirsts cow or Emins bed.

Jenee

Ah yes - that sort of topic is not allowed on this forum, as I had outlined in my first post. I apologize as I misread your other post, I thought the title was "prince wiiliam's unusual coincidences".

LiaFail

Quote from: Jenee on April 06, 2011, 08:57:50 PM
Ah yes - that sort of topic is not allowed on this forum, as I had outlined in my first post. I apologize as I misread your other post, I thought the title was "prince wiiliam's unusual coincidences".

Im curious, id you find my article contentious? 

Jenee