The Ascension of King Charles III and Queen Camilla

Started by Macrobug67, September 08, 2022, 07:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

10amBST on Saturday 10 September
Youtube free via:
BBC
SKY
and other major networks that have said live they will be live with the London Bridge Op itinerary all the way until HMQEII is taken to Windsor Castle, St. Georges Chapel.

Curryong

An excellent and heartfelt speech by Charles I thought. And I am glad he expressed his love for Harry and Meghan. It is time for reconciliation on both sides, otherwise the deep rift will continue.

The giving to William of his long-held title of Prince of Wales so swiftly was a great surprise. Very different to Edward VII and George Duke of York! It will be difficult for some as Diana was a great Prss of Wales and her spirit still lingers in the hearts and minds of Britons and countless others elsewhere in the world. However, congratulations to the new Prince and Princess of Wales!

LouisFerdinand

Congratulations to the new Prince and Princess of Wales!   

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

sara8150

Curryong

The approximate date has obviously been discussed already but not yet announced. Modern Coronations are usually held in the warmer months in order to attract millions of tourists. I think it will be held next year, (historically in more modern times there seems to have been a gap of over a year between death of monarch, installation of the next, but I think 2024 is miles too long to wait this time.) So I?m predicting an August or perhaps September date for 2023.

sara8150

RICHARD KAY: Camilla is our first Queen who used to do a weekly shop in Sainsbury's | Daily Mail Online

Piers Morgan leads praise for King Charles III as he delivers first speech to the nation | The Sun

King Charles III reign may be one of the shortest ever, says royal expert - but history will be kind | The Sun

Pick up The Sun on Sunday's glossy 48-page magazine with 272 photos of the Queen - this is how to get it | The Sun

Think of your school days, first kiss, first job, first house & day you got married?The Queen was there for all of them | The Sun

'I love you Queen. I'll miss you' - heartbreaking tribute of Tilly, 4, as crowds gather at Royal palaces to pay respects | The Sun

I nearly ran over the Queen and her Corgis on my bike and went crashing into a bush - Sun readers remember Her Majesty | The Sun

I'm a royal expert - Charles will be an excellent King who cares about people and duty more than anything else | The Sun

From ambassador's daughter to 1970s It girl, the 'Charlie's Angels' new King dated - but he'd already met love of life | The

How an intervention from the Queen convinced Charles to marry the love of his life Camilla | The Sun

How Charles and Diana's marriage unravelled from first day of their honeymoon - thanks to a pair of cufflinks | The Sun

I first met Charles in 1987 - I knew marriage to Diana was 'terrible mistake' & aides said she 'upstaged' him | The Sun

How Charles became a modern father, changing nappies & attending nursery - despite Harry saying he made him 'suffer' | The Sun

Australia is mourning our Queen - there's been shock & sorrow but most of all respect for a remarkable life of service | The Sun

Curryong

So Robert Jobson, an RR and one of those innumerable ?royal experts? talking heads that have sprung up like mushrooms in an autumn wood, thinks that Charles may have one of the shortest reigns ever. Well, whatever his so-called expertise on the royals, methinks that Jobson ought to take a course in history.

King Charles III reign may be one of the shortest ever, says royal expert - but history will be kind | The Sun

A few examples here

Lady Jane Grey, Edward 5th, Richard III are just three that come immediately to mind.

In more modern times William IV reigned for a brief seven years, Edward VIII lasted from January to December 1936 before abdicating, even the Queen?s father, a delicate man, had only 14 full years on the Throne before succumbing to cancer.

Charles has no health problems, lives a healthy lifestyle with the exception of being a workaholic, and had two parents who lived within hailing distance of their century, not to mention a grandmother who lived beyond it. Really some of these ?experts? just write and speak for the sake of it.

TLLK

Poor little Jane, Edward V and little Richard DoY who were sadly pawns in a deadly game. While Charles is the oldest person to ascend to the throne, I do believe that he'll have more years than those monarchs mentioned in your post @Curryong .

sara8150

Man tackled to ground by police after jumping barrier in front of King Charles car - Mirror Online

King Charles places gift from Prince Harry on desk as he's officially declared Monarch - Mirror Online

Why King Charles has added 'R' to end of his signature - and it's different to Queen - Mirror Online

People bemused by Prince William's writing technique as he signs proclamation - Mirror Online

Queen Camilla wore sentimental pearl necklace at proclamation to honour King Charles - Mirror Online

Royal fans emotional over photo of corgis on plane - but they're not the Queen's dogs - Mirror Online

All six living ex-Prime Ministers together for first time at King's accession council - Mirror Online

Prince William seen for first time since he and Kate became Prince and Princess of Wales - Mirror Online

King Charles proclaimed monarch and makes moving tribute to Queen - speech in full - Mirror Online

Charles grimaces as pen tray get in the way as he signs declaration on becoming King - Mirror Online

Charles' packed second day as King - private meeting with no cameras and tradition break - Mirror Online
No release pictures

King Charles III: Difference between Accession Council and Coronation ceremony explained - Mirror Online

Scandalous history of previous King Charles's - beheading and 'party animal' - Mirror Online

Charles waves to cheering crowds after he's officially declared King and vows to follow ?inspiring? Queen?s example | The Sun

Bank Holiday for Queen's state funeral CONFIRMED at Accession of King Charles - when will you get a day off? | The Sun
September 19 is funeral

Sweet hidden message of support from William and Harry on King Charles' table as he signed proclamation is revealed | The Sun

Charles' royal cypher revealed as he becomes King after Queen's ER symbol of more than seven decades replaced | The Sun

Prince William seen for first time after Queen's death as he signs proclamation to make his father Charles the King | The Sun

Prince William reveals grief at Queen's death - but stands dutifully behind new king, body language reveals | The Sun

Behind-the-scenes of King Charles' moving tribute to the Queen revealed as he asks staff 'am I done?' | The Sun

Inside Operation Golden Orb: The plan for Charles' coronation revealed as he's crowned alongside Camilla | The Sun

Watch as man who went to school with King Charles reveals he has kept clippings of his HAIR for more than 50 years | The Sun

The King shows brief glimpse of deep grief as he talks of his dread at losing his mother ? Royal Central

King Charles III is proclaimed in ancient ceremony filled with emotion and history ? Royal Central

The words that declared a king ? the full proclamation of Charles III ? Royal Central

PrincessOfPeace

Members of parliament have just finished swearing their allegiance to King Charles III.

TLLK

The Queen's cousins, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, the Duke of Kent and Prince Michael of Kent were present today at St. James Palace.

The Duke of Kent, Prince Michael and the Duke & Duchess of Gloucester come together to mourn The Queen ? Royal Central

Quotehe Duke of Kent, one of Queen Elizabeth II?s closest relatives, looked sombre as he sat at St. James?s Palace, London waiting for the Garter King of Arms to appear on the balcony overlooking Friary Court to make the official proclamation.

At his side was the Duchess of Gloucester who seemed to lean in and offer him some words of comfort. The Duke of Kent?s younger brother, Prince Michael of Kent, was also present.

The three took their places discreetly at the side of the ceremony. In the main square were military as well as 800 people invited in to watch the historic announcement.

The Queen had the support of her first cousins Edward, Richard, Alexandra and Michael along with their spouses for several decades. They gave up military and civil careers to become her supporters during the years when her own children Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward were too young to perform royal duties. They've carried out hundreds of domestic and overseas engagements and tours on behalf of the monarch and nation.

I do have to wonder what the future will hold for them. Edward and Alexandra are in their eighties and have had significant health issues over the years so it's possible that they will announce their retirement now that their cousin Elizabeth's reign has ended. I believe that the Gloucesters might remain for a little longer but it's also possible that they'll choose to retire as well. However I wouldn't be surprised if the late Queen's cousins continue to work with their patronages.

PrincessOfPeace

The line of succession has been updated to Charles as sovereign and the new titles for William, Catherine and family.

https://www.royal.uk/succession

Curryong

I think the Duke of Kent hinted at some sort of retirement a couple of years ago when, in answer to a question, he answered (by memory) that while the Queen continued on then so he felt should he. He is now 87 I think and his sister Alexandra is not much younger, so, without rushing, I think we may well see retirement for them both in the coming months. As you?ve mentioned, TLLK, they?ve both had significant health issues in recent years.

Princess Cassandra

The Queen Consort looked less sturdy than usual, which is not surprising given her age and probable lack of sleep. With osteoarthritis one is stiff after sitting or driving for any length of time, and the same probably applies when standing still for a while, which she did all morning.  She is a fan of long walks and does fitness exercises, so hopefully there is no need to be concerned. 

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on September 10, 2022, 01:20:36 PM
The line of succession has been updated to Charles as sovereign and the new titles for William, Catherine and family.

https://www.royal.uk/succession

In the coming months I wonder if we'll see changes for the Wessex family-to the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh and James becoming Earl of Wessex.