Charles and Camilla Birthdays, Anniversaries, and milestones thread- All Years

Started by sara8150, July 02, 2017, 07:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on November 15, 2018, 07:10:15 PM
Yes, I took another look at them after I posted and I agree as do posters on another forum. The mystery remains, who lent them. My guess is probably Cam, simply because she has so much jewellery that 'giving' one pair wouldn't make any difference to her. Plus, she has sets in many different styles. So, either Cam or a commercial jeweller!

Double post auto-merged: November 15, 2018, 07:26:29 PM

Lots of people are praying for a group shot to be released in the next couple of weeks. The BRF are so lousy about that sort of thing (and about tiara events.) It was really lovely to see the way that King Harald of Norway's 80th was organised and how Ingrid Alexandra and her brother acted as 'interviewers' and moved around all the tables with a mike. (She asked Beatrix of the Netherlands a question in English which Beatrix answered.) And what do we get with the British? Tiaras once in a blue moon and absolutely private key birthdays. It stinks, IMO.
I think they are quite right.  People seem to complain abut them no matter what they do, if they are seen out and about, they are having too muich fun.  if they keep tehir birthday parties nad family events private, they're wrong for that. 

TLLK

QuoteYes, I took another look at them after I posted and I agree as do posters on another forum. The mystery remains, who lent them. My guess is probably Cam, simply because she has so much jewellery that 'giving' one pair wouldn't make any difference to her. Plus, she has sets in many different styles. So, either Cam or a commercial jeweller!

From looking at the design, my guess is that these are ME/Southeast Asian in origin and they could have been a wedding gift to the new Duchess of Sussex.  :Jen:

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on November 15, 2018, 05:34:34 AM
Philip's looking very frail. Wonder whether he stayed till the end, whenever the end was. Midnight?

@Curryong-Consider the source- According to Richard Kay the guests departed in this order: First the Sussexes, then the DoE, then QEII and the rest stayed for a longer period of time. (I'm guessing the family needed to see if they'd be bringing Peter Phillips' gifts to his home or the hospital.  :D)
QuoteWhile 97-year old Prince Philip made an early departure ? before the dancing ? he was not the first. Prince Harry and the pregnant Duchess of Sussex made their excuses and left.

The Queen left soon after, but others remained until after midnight. And there was no doubting what they considered the high point of the evening ? the Magical Bisector?s tour de force (Edward once harboured theatrical ambitions).
RICHARD KAY reveals Prince Charles's extraordinary 70th birthday | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

I was just taking a look at the photo of Prince Philip departing in the car when I mentioned the frail looks. At least I think it was when he departed. The newspapers wouldn't, heaven forbid, pop in a photo of when he arrived, surely!
It would have been hilarious to have seen a sawn Peter Phillips. If anything had gone wrong would Edward have been charged with manslaughter?!! What a pity the Sussexes didn't stay to watch. If it was true of course. With Kay you never know.

Double post auto-merged: November 18, 2018, 08:56:05 PM

Incidentally, about those chandelier earrings of Meghan's worn on the night of the party. On another forum it was suggested that they might be a pair gifted to Cam by the Sultan of Brunei. Apparently that family likes yellow gold jewellery and they do look as if they come from that region. Apparently Camilla received a demi-parure so a necklace might come to light in the future!

TLLK

QuoteIf it was true of course. With Kay you never know.
<_< Yes.

Though if the Sussexes, DoE and QEII felt that they'd spent enough time at the party, then I'm sure that Charles would understand. :) His parents are elderly and his daughter-in-law might be experiencing some pregnancy fatigue.

sandy

amabel

I gues it will when he turns 71.. which will be later this year....

LouisFerdinand

I like the fact that the Duchess of Wellington  is the chairman of the Royal Ballet School. Princess Antonia is the wife of Charles Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on February 13, 2019, 09:53:30 PM
I like the fact that the Duchess of Wellington  is the chairman of the Royal Ballet School. Princess Antonia is the wife of Charles Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington.
I loved the pictures. They may be quite young, but they look like very serious dancers.

Curryong

I'd imagine that the pupils there are the cream of the crop. I think it's pretty difficult to be admitted there.
The Vice President of the Royal Ballet School is Lady Sarah Chatto, Princess Margaret's daughter. Margaret was very involved in the School for years.

royalanthropologist

It is a significant milestone to POW and there is no artificial time limit on how much or when he can celebrate. This is a worthwhile event of which he is the patron. I am sure they were delighted to have him there. It was a great event and I am sure a highlight for the young dancers. The Wellingtons are great friends of C&C anyway so I am sure the duchess of wellington was more than happy to receive POW.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

70 is not a significant milestone anymore with more people turning 100.

amabel

So?  It is a significant  milestone to most people who achieve it

sandy

But most people have a day to celebrate. Charles "birthday celebrations" started early in 2018, enough is enough.

amabel

What does it matter?  He is a prince so its customary for certain years in a royal life to be special years with special events...

royalanthropologist

Prince Charles is not "most people" and besides, I think he deserves to celebrate. The man is still alive despite his detractors wishing and predicting for him an early death. In any case, the ballet school is perfectly entitled to commemorate his birthday at the time of their choosing and in a manner of their choosing. Who exactly sets the rules as to when celebrations must end? The Danish royals do celebrate theirs for long periods of time and fair play to them.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

Charles is not all that special. Even the Queen did not do this. And she's the one who is the most "Special". It seems to be an ego trip for Charles IMO.

Who predicts an early death for Charles? You are the only one who even talks about this here.

wannable

Charles attended a world premier at The Royal Opera House in London which was presented in honour of his birthday.   

Charles has been the President of the Royal Ballet since 2003 and Patron of the Royal Opera House since 2009.

He is very busy, there is no CC of him visiting them last year (watch the special video of Charles 70th iPlayer BBC, his staff and his children say he is always very busy, his schedule too), so this is their opportunity to gift their patron.

Usually, patrons of arts, museums, any 'innauguration', they Go and Do the duty of premiers, cutting the ribbon, unvailing a plaque....

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on February 14, 2019, 08:38:15 PM
Charles is not all that special. Even the Queen did not do this. And she's the one who is the most "Special". It seems to be an ego trip for Charles IMO.
Who predicts an early death for Charles? You are the only one who even talks about this here.

Well the organizers of the event thought he was that special so I suppose it is really their right to celebrate his birthday as they see fit.

If you really want to see the depth that Charles' critics can descend to, you do not have to look very far. Just visit an article about him and you will see a few of them on the comments. They are not very many, but they are persistent and they repeat their bile often. You could not miss them.

sandy

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on February 14, 2019, 12:23:51 AM
I'd imagine that the pupils there are the cream of the crop. I think it's pretty difficult to be admitted there.
The Vice President of the Royal Ballet School is Lady Sarah Chatto, Princess Margaret's daughter. Margaret was very involved in the School for years.

The competition to be selected as a pupil must be incredibly fierce.

QuoteWell the organizers of the event thought he was that special so I suppose it is really their right to celebrate his birthday as they see fit.
:thumbsup:

amabel

Quote from: sandy on February 14, 2019, 11:55:34 PM
Did the organizers really have a choice?
No idea, I think you would have to ask them.  I assume that they wanted Charles to be their patron and that involves a mutual useful relationship... they get noticed by the press because he is visiting and he gets to do the sort of duties that are the requirements of his position.

royalanthropologist

Of course the organizers had a choice and chose Charles. By all accounts, it was a great event...especially for the young dancers who are the most important in this.