The Duke and Duchess of Sussex interviews, TV and other media events Part 3

Started by TLLK, December 07, 2022, 01:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

changemhysoul

Quote from: TLLK on December 27, 2022, 05:17:28 PM
Hi @changemhysoul -Glad that you were able to return to Royal Insight Forum. Thank you for sharing your views on Harry and Meghan.

No problem and thank you! I thought I saw it was back but every time I typed it, it wasn't working. I realized I needed to go through the link in the email!

wannable

Jacinda wants to keep the good relations first as a and  with the Commonwealth.

It's a political statement, if not China/Russia will be very very happy if the commonwealth disbands with the West/Nato/UK is part of it, it's a internal discussion within writers at The Hill and Politico. 

IMO, Making deals with Russians blew MM's chances and speaking ill of the commonwealth too (renting Canada, purchasing in California from Russians), IF any or if she was ever interested, big mouth loose lips sink ships, as I said the other day. She may have innocently with intent of harming Harry's family (the Constitutional Monarchy of the UK), but as I am told the repercussions is with the US Gov too.

changemhysoul

Quote from: wannable on December 27, 2022, 06:50:48 PM
Jacinda wants to keep the good relations first as a and  with the Commonwealth.

It's a political statement, if not China/Russia will be very very happy if the commonwealth disbands with the West/Nato/UK is part of it, it's a internal discussion within writers at The Hill and Politico. 

IMO, Making deals with Russians blew MM's chances and speaking ill of the commonwealth too (renting Canada, purchasing in California from Russians), IF any or if she was ever interested, big mouth loose lips sink ships, as I said the other day. She may have innocently with intent of harming Harry's family (the Constitutional Monarchy of the UK), but as I am told the repercussions is with the US Gov too.

Russians?

Alright, gotcha. Um, we'll just this at agree to disagree.

I don't believe it's some big deal that other's want to think it is but others are so free to think along the lines of what you do.

Edit: Also, can please stop acting as if Harry isn't a grown man. The most so called hurtful and harmful comments about Harry has come his own mouth. So, maybe, Harry may have innocently done something with the intent of hurting his family or whatever.  I don't agree with that either about the Monarchy of the UK has hasn't said anything new that he didn't say pre-Meghan or things that his parents haven't complained about before but everything in this is Harry and Meghan, not just Meghan.

wannable

Harry hasn't renounced to his titles, nor his nationality. My comment is specifically related to IF she had any intention, dream or whatever as a politician in the USA. IMO it's game over. For 34 years Harry didn't speak ill of nothing and no one...

Any politician no matter from which party in the in or out belonging to the Commonwealth WILL distance themselves, IMO and let's call it an educated guess rather than contacts. Did I ever think the Hill or Politico were ever going to write an article mainly about MM? Nope until it happened. Dangerous games always have dangerous results. Especially if one way or the other it affects perceptions, the 'far left' types that are not in government but speak and are in touch with other 'far' inclining people.

Inviting a far left muppet (she wouldn't or Harry for that matter leave such a statement directly, but rather indirectly tacit/taciturn agreement) to say the Commowealth is a 2.0 Empire does as I have been told by a political expert incite a ''possible'' violence within any country.  Just like racism too, but another level. 

changemhysoul

Quote from: wannable on December 27, 2022, 07:24:30 PM
Harry hasn't renounced to his titles, nor his nationality. My comment is specifically related to IF she had any intention, dream or whatever as a politician in the USA. IMO it's game over. For 34 years Harry didn't speak ill of nothing and no one...

Any politician no matter from which party in the in or out belonging to the Commonwealth WILL distance themselves, IMO and let's call it an educated guess rather than contacts. Did I ever think the Hill or Politico were ever going to write an article mainly about MM? Nope until it happened. Dangerous games always have dangerous results. Especially if one way or the other it affects perceptions, the 'far left' types that are not in government but speak and are in touch with other 'far' inclining people.

Inviting a far left muppet (she wouldn't or Harry for that matter leave such a statement directly, but rather indirectly tacit/taciturn agreement) to say the Commowealth is a 2.0 Empire does as I have been told by a political expert incite a ''possible'' violence within any country.  Just like racism too, but another level.

I see, more agree to disagree stuff. Especially the Harry speaking no ill part because there are a few clips but it's not truly worth it.

And even if he hadn't before, he's a grown man who has now chosen to do say whatever he said so it's not just on Meghan. If we're going to hold them accountable for things said by other people then we hold Harry accountable by things said himself and not push it off on Meghan.

And if that hadn't been your intent, I'll apologize early for that because it does seem that way.

wannable

Apologize, he can't run for any political position until he renounces. Clearly my Jacinda and any furthering comment has to do with politics. 

Harry does what Meghan wants Meghan gets.  The ball juggler. And the one that contradicts her racist accusations too.

changemhysoul

Quote from: wannable on December 27, 2022, 07:39:53 PM
Apologize, he can't run for any political position until he renounces. Clearly my Jacinda and any furthering comment has to do with politics. 

Harry does what Meghan wants Meghan gets.  The ball juggler. And the one that contradicts her racist accusations too.

And we disagree on that.

wannable

Article 1, section 9 of the US Constitution prohibits the acceptance of royal titles:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

So barring Congress? acceptance a member of the royal family would not be eligible if they held any title as a result of their family relationship, even if they were a natural born citizen of at least 35 years of age.

TLLK

This discussion is starting to veer off topic and further discussion of the late General Schwarzkopf's Knighthood has been moved to the thread linked below. Further off topic posts will be removed. Thank you.

Hereditary and Non-Hereditary Titles, Peerage and Knighthoods

changemhysoul

Well, sorry for the DM.

Nearly isn't half and not close to all....that being said....even as a fan.

Tbh, I'd actually like them to do it. Unpopular opinion but

1. it'll open a can of worms I couldn't wait to see play out.

2. Titles aren't important in the grand scheme of things only get you so far. There a bunch of titled people in royal families throughout the world that most people know about because they don't have personal popularity. Harry's has only been the Duke of Sussex since his marriage, most of his popularity doesn't even from the Prince title but the fact that he is Diana's son. There are titled members in the BRF that the general public don't know about but they have titles.

3. I, personally, feel that there isn't anyone else currently living up to legacy of the name of that title. Once again, my personal thought on this one and I'm going to get deeper into it.

Still, overall, I'd like to see them stripped and then the *shock* *horror* when people realize that it isn't going to change anything for their status or popularity.

The SCO is targeted for Meghan Markle, not the Duchess of Sussex. If anyone in the media really wanted this to be a blown, they should've done her the respect of referring to as the Duchess of Sussex so that any searching / looking up is gear towards and generated towards that title. But to dismiss her and minimize, they use her name instead of the title and it's her name that gets talked about. /shrug

I don't think they need to give them up, they were given, they should be taken away. (It's funny, one of the things said in the doc was that they offered to give them up and that narrative hasn't been countered yet hmmm)

-------------

ALSO,

I'm on episode of 3 Live to Lead doc & it's interesting hearing from Byron Stevenson, I've never heard about his work. The opening story from his life was very moving. From his episode, there is a clip from a NBA person that hurts so much but is true. "Why do we keep loving his country when this country does not us back." As well Byron's thoughts. "And I don't think the true evil of American slavery was involuntary servitude and forced labor. I think it was this ideology of white supremacy."

Can't wait to get to the rest of the episodes.

Curryong

I too don?t believe that it would matter much at all if the Sussexes did not have the Sussex titles, except ??-the British media would crow from here to Kingdom Come that it was they who ?forced it? and I don?t think I could bear it. As for afterwards, Harry was born a Prince, can?t be taken away, and Meghan naturally takes whatever titles he has, as his wife. The Press would then be left with addressing them as Prince Harry and Princess Henry. Wonder how they?d like ?them apples?!

As for the DM and YouGov, 43% isn?t ?nearly half? or anywhere near it. And for the last decade or so polling companies have been quite worried that they aren?t getting to the wider community of the under 40s who use cell phones and, in private life anyway, don?t go anywhere near a landline. I?m just wondering, how many of the 18yrs to 35yrs demographic YouGov is actually getting to speak with to canvass their views.

Over Christmas/New Year?s Eve (which was last night for us, it?s now 8.50 am on Jan 1st here) I haven?t watched much TV at all. Up till 2AM last night, great time! But I will certainly watch the series helmed by the Sussexes. It promises to be interesting.

What Byron said in that episode was said by many US conscripts in WW2 and in Vietnam. Only then it was ?Why are we fighting for a country that we love but treats us always as third class citizens??

wannable

Once a survey question, it's serious, this isn't haphazardly, willy nilly, without direction or planning.  If a question is polled it is because there is concern with UK citizens.

Of course this is news, the media will report about it. 

I wouldn't take the Netflix series seriously, too many contradictions past/present, even from one episode to the next.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on December 31, 2022, 09:59:24 PM
I too don?t believe that it would matter much at all if the Sussexes did not have the Sussex titles, except ??-the British media would crow from here to Kingdom Come that it was they who ?forced it? and I don?t think I could bear it. As for afterwards, Harry was born a Prince, can?t be taken away, and Meghan naturally takes whatever titles he has, as his wife. The Press would then be left with addressing them as Prince Harry and Princess Henry. Wonder how they?d like ?them apples?!

As for the DM and YouGov, 43% isn?t ?nearly half? or anywhere near it. And for the last decade or so polling companies have been quite worried that they aren?t getting to the wider community of the under 40s who use cell phones and, in private life anyway, don?t go anywhere near a landline. I?m just wondering, how many of the 18yrs to 35yrs demographic YouGov is actually getting to speak with to canvass their views.

Over Christmas/New Year?s Eve (which was last night for us, it?s now 8.50 am on Jan 1st here) I haven?t watched much TV at all. Up till 2AM last night, great time! But I will certainly watch the series helmed by the Sussexes. It promises to be interesting.

What Byron said in that episode was said by many US conscripts in WW2 and in Vietnam. Only then it was ?Why are we fighting for a country that we love but treats us always as third class citizens??

Yep yep and yep.

I'm eh on it. It's obvious the DM just want a stick to beat them with. The polls don't really matter in my eyes so it's just another day, another headline. 

Happy New Year! At the time of this post, I still have about 3 hours to go before it hits for us. It's a great series so far. Harry and Meghan don't appear aside from introducing each person the episode is about at the start. I'm on Siya Kolisi, I also never heard of him before (3 people I didn't know about at all, Byran, Siya and Albie Sachs).

On Siya, he was the first black captain of the Springbroks, aside from that his work to give back and his up-bringing is very inspiring. So far, it's a great series. I'm learning about people I knew nothing about and more about the people I had surface level knowledge about.

TLLK

One of the granddaughters of the late Nelson Mandela has shared her opinion on the Sussexes and others using his statements.

Duke and Duchess of Sussex's use of Mandela's name is 'upsetting and tedious', claims granddaughter

QuoteThe granddaughter of Nelson Mandela has criticised the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for using the former South African president?s name to pull in Netflix audiences in their latest documentary, saying: ?It?s deeply upsetting and tedious.?

In an interview with The Australian, Ndileka Mandela, a social activist and writer, said she admired Harry and Meghan for having the courage to break away from the Royal family, but was left ?deeply upset? by them using the leader?s legacy to fund their life in California. 

Speaking from Johannesburg about the couple?s seven-part Netflix documentary Live To Lead ? released on New Year?s Eve and inspired by the anti-apartheid campaigner ? she said the Prince needed to follow his own script.

?Harry needs to be authentic and stick to his own story, what relevance does grandad?s life have with his?? she said.

?I don?t believe he nor Meghan have ever properly met granddad, maybe when Harry was young at Buckingham Palace, but they are using his quotations in the documentary to draw in people and make millions without the Mandela family benefiting.

?I know the Nelson Mandela Foundation has supported the initiative but people have stolen grandfather?s quotes for years and have used his legacy because they know his name sells ? Harry and Meghan are no different from them.

wannable

They never cared for anyone or anything, only me me me. They gave the proof themselves by filming before even getting married.

There's a point too when it is not 'how hotheaded and reckless the couple are' poor him/her, it rather is a repeated pattern of deliberate grabbing and sticking to; British royal family (trash them to the max) and famous dead people (conspiracy theories and quote stealing like if we had more than 24 hours with Nelson, reality 24 minutes) all 100% using their titles to merchandise ruthlessly.

TLLK

To be fair, her complaint was not solely directed at the Sussexes  as she acknowledged that others use his words too without crediting her grandfather.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on January 04, 2023, 10:38:31 PM
To be fair, her complaint was not solely directed at the Sussexes  as she acknowledged that others use his words too without crediting her grandfather.

I?ve seen episodes of the latest doco from Netflix featuring inspirational leaders of all kinds. The Sussexes are barely in the series. They merely introduce the episodes. Anyone who helms such a series would have quoted Mandela.

Everyone speaking or writing about Mandela quotes him in some form or another, including politicians, entertainers (of colour and otherwise) writers and gasp, yes journalists.

He?s a hero of mine as he is of countless others around the world. I?ve quoted him at times as I have Martin Luther King. They were both great men. It?s a compliment iMO when they are quoted. And Nelson?s granddaughter did admit that the series had the approval of the Nelson Mandela Foundation. Apparently though, that?s not good enough for her.

wannable

At nearly 40 and after loads of therapy Harry still puts all  apologies on others.  He also seems to insist that he will come to the Coronation if his demands are met.    Can't see anyone go down on their knees.  More and more people don't want him there.
Angela Levin

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on January 05, 2023, 11:49:42 AM
At nearly 40 and after loads of therapy Harry still puts all  apologies on others.  He also seems to insist that he will come to the Coronation if his demands are met.    Can't see anyone go down on their knees.  More and more people don't want him there.
Angela Levin

Yes, we know Angela Levin hasn?t had a good word to say about Meghan or Harry since their marriage put paid to her biography of him. It was over a year in the writing of it in 2017/18 and she hasn?t gotten over not making a profit on it, lol! I think her rage and vindictiveness whenever she pretends to be a royal expert and goes on talk shows to let her bile out is very amusing really! Always gives me a good laugh, along with the rest of them. And she?s been challenged on her vindictive bias as well.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on January 05, 2023, 11:49:42 AM
At nearly 40 and after loads of therapy Harry still puts all apologies on others.  He also seems to insist that he will come to the Coronation if his demands are met.    Can't see anyone go down on their knees.  More and more people don't want him there.
Angela Levin
But why should he be making demands? I think his demands are an indication that he isn't emotionally well at the moment, and I hate to see that so publicized. The Coronation is so meaningful, and no doubt being planned to be inclusive, spiritual and inspiring. I'm sure the King is wanting and hoping for Harry to be there, but it is not an occasion that should be affected by family drama. If he isn't in a better place emotionally it might be better if Harry doesn't attend. 

wannable

I don't know the USA (everyone questioning minus CNN, Max Foster their ex friend journalist cancelled almost like Piers, when he questioned and compared and contrasted H&M claims, aired and now deleted and he has been since reprimanded, allegedly Megs called someone at CNN), but in the UK Harry (and Meghan's) blank statements are since months ago being questioned as in demand for detail and proof by media and social media.  He (and Meghan) don't have to, but to their own detriment.

So in his latest, everyone (meaning mass media where the public can read it) wants to know the detailed date/time, headline, media outlet of the alleged story leaks by BP and KP.  Same goes with the date/time of William's visit to Not Cot, to match KP security CCTV. The latter sounds like a half truth but with some friends during a weekend at Sandringham, whom rushed a goodbye, shortened the weekend with the same use of Difficult, Rude, Abrasive. It is the exact detailed story said many many moons ago but W wasn't there, H and his buddies (and their WAG's) including M, she didn't want to do nothing with them, was opposing to absolutley everything, ASOCIAL.  Source: Lady C Year of video youtube early 2019.

Basically that is the requirement for 100% of their blank statements or otherwise accusations, finger pointing, blaming.

wannable

He wants a tit for tat which has been resoundly ignored since uff many many months, I lost count, but RRs today have said BP and KP will absolutely not respond to any of Harry (and Meghan's) soap opera.

Regretfully this includes the CORONATION (and expect any other BRF large and per usual event, the ''noise'').  🤷🏻‍♀️ 

wannable

EXCLUSIVE: Meghan was 'offended' when she was 'reprimanded' for telling Kate that she 'must have baby brain because of her hormones' which sparked a huge row, Harry reveals in his memoir
Harry describes row between Meghan and Kate in run up to Meghan's wedding
The duchess told Kate that she must have 'baby brain because of her hormones'
Meghan 'became offended' after being reprimanded for the comments
During the run up to Harry and Meghan's wedding in May 2018, Harry writes that Meghan told Kate that she must have 'baby brain because of her hormones.'
Kate, who gave birth to her third child, Prince Louis, a month before Meghan and Harry's wedding, was understandably upset by the accusation.

Meghan is abrasive? A harsh comment to an expectant mother. Reprimanded for being harsh, and then feels 'offended''. 
Woke for everyone.  :sarcastic:

Curryong

Ah yes, Lady C! Another credible one to be trusted that I get a great laugh from. Cookie QM, anyone!