Prince Harry to attend reception on International Mine Awareness Day

Started by Jennifer, March 23, 2017, 07:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

QuoteOn Tuesday 4 April – International Mine Awareness Day – His Royal Highness Prince Harry will attend the Landmine Free World 2025 Reception at The Orangery, Kensington Palace.

Organised and presented by Mines Advisory Group (MAG) and The HALO Trust, the reception brings together the weight and might of the world's two leading landmine charities to galvanise support for their campaign to rid the world of landmines by 2025.

Following a speech and introduction by Chief Executive of MAG, Jane Cocking, and The HALO Trust Chief Executive, James Cowan, Prince Harry will give the keynote speech. He will be followed by a speech from International Development Secretary, Priti Patel.

Read more:
Prince Harry to attend reception on International Mine Awareness Day – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Lady Deb

Prince Harry's speech was terrific! It was great that 20 years later, he referenced the young men that his precious mother had met, and now he has met them too and was able to remind people not to forget about them and all of the others.  Thanks for the video!

Curryong

A heartfelt speech from Harry. Well done! He is a sincere man and I do believe he's proud of carrying on his mother's mission in this area. I think she would be proud that he is and sad that such work is still necessary twenty years on, in spite of the progress made.

Mike

Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."