Prince Harry As King: Bachelor Prince Chosen by Queen Over Prince William

Started by TheRealDuchessOfSussex, July 30, 2014, 12:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: Lady Adams on August 02, 2014, 04:35:03 PM
^^ What reports are they? I'd love to see that "all reports" he's not in the office.

I know it was stated by I think Richard Palmer on Twitter or some other reporter but the Daily Mirror reported it as well

Prince Harry's new single status causing a stir among female staff at regimental HQ - Mirror Online

Quote"He's not always around because of his royal duties but when he is in the office, work basically stops."

Harry's role involves helping to plan ceremonial events, such as state visits and the Queen's Birthday Parade.

Although the posting is full-time, sources have said Harry is often out of the office and goes in mainly when an event is being planned.

Which makes sense. If people want to say Harry is out promoting the games he can't be behind a desk at the same time.

Lady Adams

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on August 03, 2014, 03:39:25 AM

Prince Harry's new single status causing a stir among female staff at regimental HQ - Mirror Online

Quote"He's not always around because of his royal duties but when he is in the office, work basically stops."

Harry's role involves helping to plan ceremonial events, such as state visits and the Queen's Birthday Parade.

Although the posting is full-time, sources have said Harry is often out of the office and goes in mainly when an event is being planned.

Which makes sense. If people want to say Harry is out promoting the games he can't be behind a desk at the same time.
It does make sense, but your post made it seem otherwise...
As far as being the Queen's party planner, the men and women who plan the military and other formal parades and events for the Queen might, rightfully, disagree with your dismissive description of formal ceremonies.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

PrincessOfPeace

But a 'full-time' job that only requires Harry to be in the office when an event is being planned isn't really full-time now is it?

Other junior officers must cover for him and this creates scheduling tensions.

georgiana996

^yeah, that's down to earth we're just-like you royalty :D tbh they are all the same, none of them work like the other half .
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

HsHCharlene

Well, we don't know Harry's schedule or the schedule of the other persons in the office. Theoretically of course one person not being there puts a strain on other people there. But Harry has been working on this project non-stop so it's not like he's not doing anything. The MoD is planning this event too so it's safe to say that those people working with him in the office are also working on the games, he's just the only one that gets the attention for it.

Canuck

While I very much doubt that Harry goes into the office every day from 9-5, I also doubt that it really disrupts his co-workers' schedules.  I think it's very likely that when he took up that posting, everyone knew full well that he wouldn't be a normal full-time employee, and so no one is allocating a full load of work to him. 

HsHCharlene

I don't think he does a 9-5 in the office either, but planning the games and picking venues, meeting people and contestants isn't all going to be in the office. He still would have to be doing something for those 40 hours per week. In the military, much like other jobs, even if you are finished one thing you are still on the clock and therefore have to find something else for you to do to be productive. So when he's not in meeting it's not like he gets to go home or slack off, he's still getting paid and therefore still having to produce some type of work.

Limabeany

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on August 03, 2014, 10:34:37 AM
But a 'full-time' job that only requires Harry to be in the office when an event is being planned isn't really full-time now is it?

Other junior officers must cover for him and this creates scheduling tensions.
A full time job that involves planning events WILL NOT EVER MEAN sitting in an office 9-5, apparently too many have only planned birthday parties for family.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on August 03, 2014, 10:22:27 AM
Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on August 03, 2014, 03:39:25 AM

It does make sense, but your post made it seem otherwise...
As far as being the Queen's party planner, the men and women who plan the military and other formal parades and events for the Queen might, rightfully, disagree with your dismissive description of formal ceremonies.
^^^Good point Limabeany. I've seen footage of the seemingly endless practice for events that would happen weeks later ie: Trooping the Color. We royal watchers can appreciate what appears to be smooth and easy for the troops participating in these parades and events not even thinking of the preparation. The BRF is known for its pageantry but they're only a small part of the production for a royal wedding, funeral,  and coronation. Consider how many will never even be seen by the public and the media when so much planning goes on behind the scenes.

wannable

His schedule is 3 days party, 3 days to recover, 1 day of work

psm

^ wow is all I can say to that comment.

Harry is imo one of the most productive royals. There are more people wishing he were the one to be the king, instead of William. He is getting more popular as W&K's are digging their own graves. Of course latter's unpopularity can be quickly fixed if they actually worked.

Rebound

I doubt Harry is singlehandedly planning games and picking venues. I'm sure he has people for that. He also has people to arrange events for the Queen's birthday--he's not singlehandedly doing that, either. He is royal and has help.

All I can say about Harry being a king is do people really want a king that has a reputation for being sloshed in bars and pubs?

I like Harry, he looks like a nice guy and a lot of fun, but I don't think he'd make a good king. Not enough gravitas.

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: HsHCharlene on August 03, 2014, 01:16:56 PM
I don't think he does a 9-5 in the office either, but planning the games and picking venues, meeting people and contestants isn't all going to be in the office. He still would have to be doing something for those 40 hours per week. In the military, much like other jobs, even if you are finished one thing you are still on the clock and therefore have to find something else for you to do to be productive. So when he's not in meeting it's not like he gets to go home or slack off, he's still getting paid and therefore still having to produce some type of work.

Harry's job with the Army and the invictus games are two different things. Harry's involvement with the games is through the Royal Foundation.

The army is supporting the games but this isn't being organised by the MoD. Defence has a representative on the Board, General Andrew Gregory. Harry does not represent Defence.

QuoteThe Invictus Games is an initiative of The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, in partnership with the Ministry of Defence. The event is being organised by a specially formed committee supported by the delivery team from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

ORGANISERS | INVICTUS GAMES

So Harry maybe the 'face' of the games he is far from organising it. That is left to the professionals.

The only thing Harry is qualified to organise is a booze up in a brewery.

Double post auto-merged: August 03, 2014, 03:03:23 PM

^^^ Exactly!!

Quote from: Rebound on August 03, 2014, 03:01:41 PM
I doubt Harry is singlehanded planning games and picking venues. I'm sure he has people for that. He also has people to arrange events for the Queen's birthday--he's not singlehandedly doing that, either. He is royal and has help.

All I can say about Harry being a king is do people really want a king that has a reputation for being sloshed in bars and pubs?

I like Harry, he looks like a nice guy and a lot of fun, but I don't think he'd make a good king. Not enough gravitas.

georgiana996

I doubt Harry is singlehandedly planning games and picking venues. I'm sure he has people for that. He also has people to arrange events for the Queen's birthday--he's not singlehandedly doing that, either. He is royal and has help.

Neither does william but I guess due to order of birth he will be king .

wannable

Most of the yearly events have been  in existence for more than 100, others 200 years and so. Harry will not tell for example Major Nicholas Van Cutsem what and how to rehearse for the Trooping.

I know he has to cover 18 months as a party's/events planner to up his rank, but still I doubt because of his royal position he works hard. He barely does anything, probably showing up for PR purpose only.  There isn't much information behind the scene, nevertheless just having a gossip line from the commander in chief of events, it seems the office people are the brains and do the actual nitty gritty.

Canuck

I don't think it's fair to say Harry does no work or only shows up once a week.  At the same time, I agree that the logistics of big events are probably not being sorted out by Harry.  I suspect that, like most things, there's a middle ground:  he doesn't work full-time but he does work something like part-time plus Royal duties.

Limabeany

I don't know what he will do in the future but the planning for this event so soon would require him to work full time except for royal duties. I think it unlikely he works part time, unlike William, his reputation is not protected.

wannable

Hopefully until the games and immediately after he doesn't run to a bottle, craving and obsessing on alcohol as if it were a reward, the blacking out. Until he fixes his since age 11 alcohol problem, he ain't fit to be King or highly functional collaborator to his brother.

This party/event planner for 18 months, he should show his grandma what and who he can be, mature. Then maybe also he can find a girlfriend.  I wouldn't want him to end up like uncle Andrew.

georgiana996

<_< really now aren't we bordering on fan fiction? Age 11 really ?!  What do you have against harry ?

Both William and Harry are royals they are spoilt and entitled  :windsor1: lets be real . Both brothers Imo would be good kings .
Harry has done a lot for wounded servicemen , the treks are examples , he didn't have to go but he did and it isnt easy living in shitty conditions like that , trust me in the middle of nowhere harry couldn't and wouldn't have special treatment but he went on and did it anyway, I wont sit behind my computer and call him an alcoholic (forgot he is a pilot?)  When I am hardly doing anything for wounded servicemen .

Just because the press tells you he is passing out drunk 3 times a week but has no pictorial evidence of such happening , your going to believe it ? Sorry but the press is notorious for building up and tearing down , (recent articles of W&k spending 4.5 mil but going to live in Norfolk ) just to anger people and get clicks . Dont believe everything you read .
Also harry has to do the job in order to be promoted as major its one of the many tasks he has to complete .

PrincessOfPeace

Harry has well documented alcohol and drug use issues. He also has a disturbing habit of attending social events and becoming blind drunk.

Many alcoholics are pilots. Use google and you'll see many airline pilots getting suspended for alcohol use along with horror stories of drunk pilots falling asleep at the controls.

Harry can be an alcoholic and still qualify as a pilot. The trick is just not to be drunk when taking the tests.

georgiana996

They wouldnt have deployed him if he had such issues and it would never be a secret , he is a famous man such things would be the talk of the town and an official statement would be issued if he was ever suspended for alcohol or drug issues   <_<
Again dont believe everything you read , so far kate has documented miscarriages and pregnancies , eating disorders and has dealt with abusive behaviour from camilla [PLEASE NOTE THE SARCASM ]  :lol:
none of these are true .

Lothwen

Whether Harry is an alcoholic is pure speculation.  None of us knows for sure.

I seriously doubt that the Queen would skip over William for Harry, just as I doubt she'd skip over Charles for William.  The Queen is a traditionalist.  She's not going to shake up the monarchy in any way, especially given the fact that she watched that happen when her uncle abdicated.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

cinrit

More to the point, she cannot pass over Charles for William, or William for Harry.  That would have to be decided by Parliament, not the Queen.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Canuck

I don't know that we can say Harry is an alcoholic.  That said, he has certainly had issues with alcohol for years.  Prince Charles reportedly took him on a visit to a rehab facility when he was 16 and had been engaging in drinking and marijuana so much that "behavioural changes" were noticed.  There have been repeated stories over the year about him drinking to excess, most recently when he passed out in public and lost his wallet and phone at the wedding in Slovakia.

I think that when Harry is on active duty in the military, he is conscientious about not drinking in ways that would interfere with his duties.  But when he is off, he seems to engage in a lot of binge drinking.  Yes, he's single and young(ish), but binge drinking to that extent is a real problem, especially among young men.  The fact that Harry was in that pattern as a teenager and then throughout his time in the military, which is notoriously a hard partying culture, is what makes me believe media reports about his drinking. 

Problems with alcohol don't make Harry a bad person, but him being a good guy (which I think he generally is) also doesn't mean that behaviour is healthy.  I personally really hope that when he finds a woman to settle down with, he changes his pattern with alcohol and dials way back on his drinking.