The Duke of York's Legal Issues Part Two

Started by TLLK, January 06, 2022, 11:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

Please keep all articles related to Sara, Duchess of York along with Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie out of the Legal Issues thread.  Any links posted in this thread about Sara, Beatrice and Eugenie that are unrelated to Andrew's legal concerns will be removed. Thank you.

Where to post and discuss  Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie.

Sarah, Duchess of York- Sarah, Duchess of York General Chat

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie of York

Blue Clover

Thank you @sara8150 and @Macrobug67 for reporting on this serious move by HMQ today. Andrew is now a private citizen with all titles and patronages returned to the Queen. He lost his HRH! This is shocking news but fits the crime. Andrew should have come clean a long, long time ago. It is more shameful that he denied everything for so long.

TudorQueen

I am simply surprised it took this long. Harry lost his patronages and military ranks for wanting to move to the US. I never got Andrew who facing legal battles managed to keep his this long.

Andrew is not going to be kicked out of Royal Lodge. He has paid a lease on it. It's not a grace and favor controlled by the queen.

3 Canadian regiments have lost their patron. Andrew has been extremely active with the Canadian armed forces until recent years.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian-regiments-royal-patron-prince-andrew-1.6314338

TLLK

I agree that Andrew should not have been permitted to hold onto those appointments for as long as he did, but I'm glad to see that they've been removed. Curious to see if they'll be filled by another member of the BRF or will they be now replaced with a veteran/ private citizen? I definitely could see that with Andrew's Canadian regiments.

TLLK

There is a petition  from a member of the York City Council to have the Duke of York's title associated with the City of York removed. The title "Duke of York" has traditionally been held by the second son of a reigning monarch.

As I understand it, only the British Parliament can remove this territorial designation. There was a similar petition request made in regards to the title  Duke of Sussex from the County of Sussex. However as far as I know, Parliament has not chosen to act upon the request. I believe that the last time the territorial titles were removed was during WWI with some of the German princes who also held British titles as well. TBH I don't see Parliament making any move to remove this title any time in the near future.

Campaign launched to strip Andrew of Duke of York title and cut connections to Yorkshire city | Yorkshire Post

QuoteA senior member of City of York Council has begun a campaign to strip Andrew of his Duke of York title after the Queen removed his honorary military roles and he gave up his use of the HRH style following the legal developments in the United States.

Darryl Smalley, Liberal Democrat executive member for culture, leisure and communities at the council, said: ?York?s unique connection to the crown and the monarch is an important part of our city?s legacy, history and a great source of pride.

No-one is above the law and all allegations should rightly be fully investigated, particularly following the recent distressing court cases.
We stand with all victims, whose harrowing stories have shocked us all in recent months.

?Whilst Prince Andrew remains innocent until proven guilty, Buckingham Palace and the Government must consider the implications of these troubling allegations moving forward.

?Having been stripped of his military roles and royal patronages by the Queen, he should also now relinquish his title as Duke of York.?

Labour MP for York Central Rachael Maskell agreed, tweeting: ?It?s untenable for the Duke of York to cling onto his title another day longer; this association with York must end.

?There?s a very serious allegation made against this man of privilege & entitlement.

?I?m working with agencies to tackle sexual violence & misogyny. #NotinYorksName?

sara8150

Calls to strip Prince Andrew of Duke of York title | Prince Andrew | The Guardian

Virginia Giuffre praises ruling to allow Prince Andrew lawsuit to go to trial | Prince Andrew | The Guardian

A royal mess: Prince Andrew faces a US trial | News | The Guardian

First Thing: Prince Andrew loses military roles and use of HRH title | US news | The Guardian

Prince Andrew reeling: Duke left 'shell-shocked' after Queen's extraordinary statement | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Andrew news: Yorkshire city wants to sever ties with Duke as he faces court case | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Full list of royals who lost or stopped using their HRH titles | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Charles remains tight lipped over Andrew in first outing since titles removed | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Prince Charles have no comment to media or paparazzi on his brother it?s private matter for family

Prince Andrew news: Duke could move out of mansion after Queen stripped titles | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen puts duty first as she takes swift action on Prince Andrew | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen 'personally wrote' statement stripping 'favourite son' Andrew of titles herself | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Is Prince Andrew still a Prince? Queen strips Duke of titles | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Yes Andrew will know as Andrew,Duke of York,Harry and Meghan Duke and Duchess of Sussex,Sarah,Duchess of York and late Diana,Princess of Wales when stripped HRH by HM Queen Elizabeth II and will know in public

Prince Andrew security: Minister fails to rule out taxpayers' to keep funding Duke detail | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

wannable

From an endlessly slow process, dragging feet to everything is going down fast now 🤯

Now the Duke title (and I'm hearing a possible move from crown estate to 'private' property)

God Save The Queen (The Monarchy)

sara8150

TLLK

[size=14Reminder:Do not post articles about Sarah,  Beatrice or Eugenie in this thread.
Articles about them will be removed.  Please post them in their threads.  Thankyou
pt][/size]

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on January 14, 2022, 08:00:22 PM
[size=14Reminder:Do not post articles about Sarah,  Beatrice or Eugenie in this thread.
Articles about them will be removed.  Please post them in their threads.  Thankyou
pt][/size]

I have remembered that

PrincessOfPeace

My apologies if this has already been posted but Rideau Hall and a spokesperson for the Canadian Armed Forces have confirmed Prince Andrew has "relinquished" his Canadian military positions. He was Colonel of three regiments.

TLLK

@PrincessOfPeace, @Macrobug67 and @TudorQueen -Do you believe that these honorary military appointments for the Canadian regiments will be filled by another member of the BRF? Or will the Canadian forces choose to fill them with a Canadian?  :happycanada:

As I recall Charles, Andrew and Edward were all sent to a Commonwealth nation for part of their secondary education. Charles-Australia, Andrew-Canada and Edward-New Zealand though in hindsight, I believe that it would have been brilliant to send Anne to one of the Commonwealth nations as well for part of her education.

TudorQueen

Yes Andrew went to Lakefield college. King Felipe of Spain also attended the school.

The Queen's York rangers does have a Canadian 'honorary colonel of the regiment'. The governor general of Ontario has been appointed to fill the role, since 2011. I could see them leaving the 'colonel in chief' open at least until there is a new Duke of York.

The other two titles are linked to British counterparts. If a British royal is appointed to take for Andrew at the British side, I could see them being given the Canadian honor as well.

The regiments all have Canadians who serve as regiment colonels and honorary colonels.It might simply be seen as best to leave it at that.

FanDianaFancy

The heat is on . It is too hot.
This is too messy, legally.

TQ, pushed by PC, no doubt, did the right thing.

Thing is , she should have put Andrew under observation and a strictness  22-25 years ago. He has been foing things unbothered.