‘Expertise’ on the State of Kate Middleton’s Figure Reaches Absurd Heights

Started by wannable, March 25, 2011, 08:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

I guess since the media has already written many KM diet articles, I'd open a thread separate from the Kate fashion, style and beauty thread. (Admin/Mod, if you need to merge it to the later)  :babykins:

The NY Magazine has quoted and linked every (significant, most read traffic? )KM diet article from the UK and USA.

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/03/weighty_katy_quotes.html

QuoteSomewhere between her engagement to Prince William and the present, Kate Middleton went from Waity Katie to Weighty Katie. Not that she's weighty by any means — but that's precisely the problem reporters now have with her. Stories about the royal wedding shifted from dress talk to weight talk in January; perhaps news outlets realized that we'll have no clue what the dress is like until the wedding happens. Ever since Kate was overheard telling a fan in Belfast who warned her not to lose any more weight that "it's all part of the wedding plan," out flooded the "SHE'S DIETING!" stories. Often reporters find supposed experts — authors, other reporters, and nutritionists with no real connection to Kate — to chime in on her weight. Below, a roundup of "expert" input on the contrived story of Kate Middleton's possibly slightly slimmer figure.  

Princess Pea

A tough exercise regime daily alongside the Dukan diet equals weight loss mind you that diet has health implications if you look on the Internet.
I think she looks good and her height will carry fashion but I think tough exercise regimes can take it's toll. I feel sorry for her in a way she is going to be in the public eye and she will feel an obligation to always look amazing.

JekkaBee

I think she looked best before she lost all the weight.  Now she looks kind of fragile, especially her legs

Jenee

And the hair makes her look mighty top-heavy, IMO. Skinny girls shouldn't have that much hair.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

princesslily

cinrit

I don't see anything wrong with her hair.  I used to have that much hair, too ... it isn't really that much trouble to take care of it.  I've got short hair now, and my short hair takes up more of my time than the long hair did. 

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Alixxx

I can't say anything about the hair because I'm guilty of having even more than KM but I do see your point Jen. Especially when it's blowdried, it looks quite voluminous on her.

I really do think Kate looked best at her mid-point weight - like at the photoshoot at Blenheim Palace. She was fit, toned and absolutely glowing in those pics. Anyway, what with the pressure she must be under, the weight loss was inevitable perhaps. :shrug:

wannable

Quote from: cinrit on March 30, 2011, 10:45:59 AM
I don't see anything wrong with her hair.  I used to have that much hair, too ... it isn't really that much trouble to take care of it.  I've got short hair now, and my short hair takes up more of my time than the long hair did.  

Cindy

I have the same problem, because my hair is voluminous, wavy and its normal to dry. So experimenting through lifetime, shorter is more troublesome - it puffs out (badly) natural or straightened, rather when shoulder length or longer is more controllable.

cinrit

^^ And it has to be trimmed more often.  Plus, if we have a bad hair day and our hair is short, we can't pull it back in a ponytail or wear up in any kind of way.  Lots more trouble.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

wannable

QuotePlus, if we have a bad hair day and our hair is short...   

Yes! I'd look (almost) like Princess Anne  :o :happy15:

Jenee

I agree with the short hair being more work thing.

I also stand by my point that Kate's super long and very voluminous hair makes her look very top heavy atop that skinny frame she's got.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

JekkaBee

^ Jenee, I keep imagining her with a lollipop head :boredatwork:

FanDianaFancy

KM's  hair  is great: body, feminie  look,  coloring  and  I assumeshe gets a coloring , ranges  from brownish ,brown with auburn highlights, brown with slightlighter brownlights.

Thing is, she has lost too much weight. She was a   good size on her tallish ,athlete  frame. Her hair is fine.  Herhair  has nothing to do with her  too much weight lost.  She is naturally tall,  slendar,  shapely,great legs. She  takes  after  her  mother.  KM did not need to  overly exercise  and   get  on any type of weight lost  diet.
When  one  is  already  shaped  as  she  is,  weight lost looks bad. There  was nothing  to lose. Look  at  her past  pictures.
Heres to hope  she will  gain  back about  10lbs.

FanDianaFancy

Dizzy13

On her weight...she has always looked too thin to me especially the last couple of years, now she's losing more?
She never looked like she was at a healthy weight before...but she's not as bad as her sister? Has anyone seen her lately she looks very close to just being 'bones'....I hope Kate doesn't go like her, its so unhealthy looking.

Be still my heart...Wills come to Canada...keep me warm on those cold winter nights!

FanDianaFancy

Lollipop girls.
Big  heads, little bodies.
Bobble head dolls.
That is what the press calls entertainers who are too thin.