The 1995 Panorama Interview and the Investigation into the BBC

Started by Mike, August 31, 2018, 02:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Or maybe he was not wanting to bash a dead woman like others have done

dianab

in his book he was deliberately showing his deep dislike of his dead boss (one human being who wasnt that long gone)

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on September 14, 2018, 03:49:24 PM
If he liked, even if he was decently loyal to her, he would not be writing books about her at all.  I dobut if he thinks "thank you Diana" except in a sarcastic sense....

I've never associated a "tell all" like Jephson's to be an example of liking someone. It smacks of "Mommie Dearest" to me IMVHO.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 14, 2018, 09:08:35 PM
Or maybe he was not wanting to bash a dead woman like others have done
but he did bash her.  His book was wrong in the first place since royal staff are not supposed to write about their employers, and not many of them have done so.  And his tone about her was critical to the point of contemptuous.   He and Wharfe both wrote books which were unkind about her because boht of them had quarrelled with her and parted on bad terms.  Jephson didn't care about her, he wrote an unkind book, because he was annoyed with her and he didn't care that he was "bashing  a dead woman"

Double post auto-merged: September 15, 2018, 12:31:16 AM

Quote from: TLLK on September 14, 2018, 09:45:58 PM
I've never associated a "tell all" like Jephson's to be an example of liking someone. It smacks of "Mommie Dearest" to me IMVHO.
well I don't think it is quite that bad, its hardly full of scandalous stories...
but it is certainly wrong minded and cirtical of her.  She had done a lot of things  that annoyed him, and he clearly felt that he had to leave her employment.. and she was annoyed then that he had walked before she could push him....
but it amazes me to think that doing a  book which  betrays someone's confidence and tells things about them to the public is any kind of a sign of affection.

sandy

He also gave damning evidence about the way Charles treated Diana. This anecdote is used in many Diana books (the shopping isn't it darling story). He would have suppressed that story if he "bashed" her. He was not kind to her in the book but DIana authors use the shopping story as a takeaway.

Yes amabel he as annoyed but he got money for his annoyance. ANd tried to make himself relevant and is still doing so.

amabel

so now you are saying that he wasn't kind to her in the book.. how is that evidence thtat he liked her?  He clearly didn't like or respect her.. and has only softened his stance because he needs ot put a new spin on his stories to re sell them...

amabel

He hardly loathed her, but I think he didn't much like her, esp after they had parted... I think he thougth she was something of an airhead, but  he wanted this prestigious job and he tried to keep Diana in the fold of the RF, because if she left, he would probably not have that prestigious job any longer.  If she was not doing public work, if the RF had cooled in their relationship with her, she was not going to be so influential and not in need of an aide like him.
So he tried to keep her working and find her projects that she could use her gifts in.  But Diana as he said, didn't want to commit to tings.  THen she did the Panorama interview and he kew that after that, she would be pushed into divorce and out of the RF so he was angry with her over that and te last straw was her remark to Tiggy?  He started to look for another job, and knew it was time to quit..

wannable

Basically the Earl Spencer is officially accusing the BBC via Martin Bashir that they (he) conned and swindled the late Princess Diana.

Interesting twist, one doesn't keep forged papers, this must have landed on his lap recently.

Amabel2

Quote from: sara8150 on November 03, 2020, 04:38:27 AM
Princess Diana's brother Earl Spencer sensationally exposes Martin Bashir letter | Daily Mail Online

Earl Spencer 'on warpath with BBC' over 'dishonesty over Diana' | Daily Mail Online

Princess Diana's brother Earl Spencer accuses BBC of 'sheer dishonesty' over forged papers used to land Panorama scoop

Duke of Cambridge and Duke of Sussex will not like that on his mom?s interview!! Humiliated
Why is this dragged up now?  Its been siad for some time that Bashir played some tricks on Diana, but IMO she wanted to talk about her marriage and didn't need much persuading.  Of course its wrong that they preyed on her insecurities, but IMO Di wouldn't have listened to advice to desist from an interview...

wannable

Imagine the paranoia and madness (in her mind) to believe (from the forged papers; i.e. WIlliam is filming you with his wrist watch a la James Bond 1990's) that ones son is filming her with a wrist watch.

Amabel2

She really beleived this?  Honestly there is a crazy atmosphere about Diana in those years.  Its very upsetting to read about.

wannable

Bashir, according to this forged papers, he allegedly told her  that the Queen and Prince Edward were ''terminally ill'', a tactic to convince her, this is your moment.  :no: :thumbsdown:

Amabel2

not sure waht Edward being terminally ill would have to do with anything.by then he was well down the line of succession and in any case Di's son was heir after charles.  But again, very distressing to feel that (if all this is true) Diana was so shaky and gullible....

wannable

Hence what I said, these accusations are very serious, Earl Spencer would not and never keep it all this time, it must have IMO landed on his lap just recently. IMO someone in the BBC found it in a confidential file, and boom a la Biden laptop, shared it immediately to the right!!! person.

wannable

Following my comments in this thread and with new developments, the Graphic Designer IMO was the person who dropped the confidential documents at the Earl Spencer's lap.  He said to have known and kept it a secret for 20 years.

Amabel2

Quote from: wannable on November 09, 2020, 01:19:32 PM
Following my comments in this thread and with new developments, the Graphic Designer IMO was the person who dropped the confidential documents at the Earl Spencer's lap.  He said to have known and kept it a secret for 20 years.
Why is he revealing it now?  There have been rumours, in fact outright statements about this for some time so I dont see why its become an issue.  The BBC dont play fair.. surpirsed?  Not really.... 

wannable

Usually desperate need for money. Money equates roof and food, basic needs, then pay services sub basic needs, then life and health insurance, and so on. A Graphic Designer job to day shrunk from Monday to Friday to very likely 3 days a week, and he also very likely agreed with the new labour contract (until better times) or get jobless.   i.e. my family member in the USA who works for the Arts and Entertainment world is good, but subordinates pick 2/6 who you can get rid off for now. This family member had to take the decision, it's unfortunate but this is replicating everywhere.

To date the stats worldwide of family economics in crisis, we will soon see a meltdown - financial predictions, with or without Pfizer vaccine, coming very soon.

Curryong

If it is true that Charles told Diana he didn't love her the night before their wedding that is unbelievably cruel and I'm afraid I would have turned round and walked, and damn the wedding arrangements. There's no way I would have stood at the altar knowing the man I loved didn't love me, whether it was a tiny village church or St Pauls. However, I'm not sure I believe Penny Thornton. I think Charles kept Diana on a string for a bit longer than that after the wedding.

Amabel2

Quote from: Curryong on November 10, 2020, 04:24:29 AM
If it is true that Charles told Diana he didn't love her the night before their wedding that is unbelievably cruel and I'm afraid I would have turned round and walked, and damn the wedding arrangements. There's no way I would have stood at the altar knowing the man I loved didn't love me, whether it was a tiny village church or St Pauls. However, I'm not sure I believe Penny Thornton. I think Charles kept Diana on a string for a bit longer than that after the wedding.
#yes Im sure Charles did that..