Archewell Foundation, Invictus and other charities, news and activities Part 4

Started by Macrobug67, January 23, 2023, 02:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Archewell received a single but very generous ten million dollar tax deductible donation from an anonymous donor through the Silicon Valley Community Foundation  to provide general  non-profit support for the charity (salaries, office supplies, etc..) rather than a focus upon a specific project ie: one of their charities -Smart Works/Well Child. Now IMO IF Prince Harry is the "anonymous donor" and IF he did choose to donate the  money from his advance for Spare to put it back into the day to day operations for Archewell, I don't have an issue with his decision. The lights have to be kept on after all and the employees for Archewell do need to be paid.  :shrug: This foundation began in 2021 during the COVID pandemic and understandably will take time to grow.

Harry and Meghan's Archewell Foundation got $10m from mystery donor | Daily Mail Online

Quote* An unidentified donor gave $10M - 77% of the charity's total 2021 income
   * The wealthy benefactor set up a fund with Silicon Valley Community Foundation
   * It has been speculated that part of donation came from Harry himself, through the $20m advance for his autobiography Spare

changemhysoul

I saw this floating around on twitter.

I'm of the mind that I don't care either way. Be it money to to support Archewell staff or be it money for them to give out in grants, as long as people are being helped by Archewell then it's fine.

So I don't mind who the money (as in I don't really care and it never crossed my mind but the DM are constantly trying to dig and nose around in the Sussex's finances) is coming from as long as there is nothing illegal going on and the government says it's okay. And the US government doesn't play about money.

wannable

It's Delaware registered, so it will be easy for Archewell to give 5% = USD 500,000.  The other 95% = USD 9,500,000 according to Delaware law can be spent by billing 'expenses'.  The legal itemized expense list that is allowed is very vast. The above 9.5Million is quite easy to make real expense reports, i.e. payment employees, travel, hotel, food and beverage whilst travelling, etc. There's a myriad of ways to get around it.  I highly doubt H&M are worried about the DM article. For what it's worth, they got it from twitter, which was reported since October 2022, someone had access to the Silicone Valley Community accounts.

The only problem I see is if donors will be willing to give with this type of structure in the now present and future. It's a 50/50 chance from ''the same'' people who put moneys in the Silicone Valley Community account=Billionaires and Multimillionaires that move money between themselves and it shuffles into their own charities that are registered in Delaware, the only State that has this scheme.  My educated guess of 50/50 chance is because most of these billionaires and multimillionaires wouldn't want to be scrutinized. Harry and Megs are too public with all the moaning and trashing since Megxit via all types of possible media.

^My opinion is based on 'that' twitter user who made a huge thread with receipts.  That user had screenshots of the Silicone Valley Community account! Inside job? A whistleblower, not exactly for the Sussexes but to all those who use this methodology?!

wannable

Just wanted to add that I also don't care if Archewell give 5% to charity.

In the USA there are 620 billionaires, 5 Million Multimillionaires that one way or the other shuffle their millions into this type of scheme to give as little as possible (5%) and they use the other 95% to fund their employees that work in their foundation (Note: Foundation, not their ''Company or Companies i.e. Bill Gates Microsoft is a no, Melinda Gates Foundation would be a Yes), including the owner/employees travel, food expenses and whatever other item they can bill it as long as the expenses are detailed to be for and from a foundation.

Example: Trump and Clinton share Delaware tax 'loophole' address with 285,000 firms.   

^ The 285,000 firms registered in Delaware are all between themselves and other 'friends' that are in the same scheme.

^ At the same time these people don't care if the mid or little people and just a few Billionaires and Multimillionaires actually give away a gazillion of moneys to charity, as long as these people don't make a hazzle with the ones who are doing the 5% thing.

To date, charities that go under are not exactly because they swindled, they got broke because of no money help.  So basically, whichever scheme in my view is good. Giving is Giving.

changemhysoul

Prince Harry wrote back to Harry (harrysadventures8 on instagram), he's apart of the WellChild family, I think this is the second letter Harry has received from Prince Harry.

Prince Harry thanked him for a "thoughtful birthday card and painted rock" Harry sent following their virtual meeting.

Harry is a previous WellChild Award Winner, he was caring and raising money for his little brother Reuben who sadly passed away last year a few days before Christmas. He has continued his fund raising for kids in need in honor of his little brother and even completed the Three Peaks Challenge.

Mod note- just made the photos smaller to fit better on page - MB67

Curryong

That is a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it. It?s terrific that Harry has continued in his endeavours for WellChild on behalf of his brother Reuben and that Prince Harry wrote a thoughtful letter of thanks to him. I?m sure young Harry appreciates it!

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on February 12, 2023, 01:37:08 AM
Prince Harry wrote back to Harry (harrysadventures8 on instagram), he's apart of the WellChild family, I think this is the second letter Harry has received from Prince Harry.

Prince Harry thanked him for a "thoughtful birthday card and painted rock" Harry sent following their virtual meeting.

Harry is a previous WellChild Award Winner, he was caring and raising money for his little brother Reuben who sadly passed away last year a few days before Christmas. He has continued his fund raising for kids in need in honor of his little brother and even completed the Three Peaks Challenge.

Thank you for sharing this story @changemhysoul and it's very heartwarming. Although   I'm sorry for the reason  that young Harry and his family had to be acquainted with Well Child, but I'm very glad that organizations like Well Child, Helen and Douglas House, East Anglia Children's Hospice etc..are there for their clients/patients and their families while providing care and even after their loved one has passed away.

wannable

Other moneys given to Invictus Games through The Royal Foundation throughout the years, some combined PWPH, some Harry's.  The undisputed and 'audited' financial accounts speaks above and beyond whatever Harold's 'my memory is my memory, it does what it does, gathers and curates what it sees fit'.

Taken from The Royal Foundation as an example. In the UK Charities Commission, anyone from the public can download ALL the annual reports

Help for Heroes, in relation to Invictus Games GBP 50,000

Rent and associated charges relate to amounts charged to the Invictus Games Foundation from letting part of the first-floor office space to the Invictus
Games Foundation, which was surplus to the charity?s operational requirements.

Other income for the charity alone derives from income received from PWPH Trading Limited GBP 77,166

Sir Keith Mills, GBE, DL and Guy Monson, are Trustees of The Royal Foundation, and also Directors of the Invictus Games Foundation. The Royal
Foundation received GBP12,060 during the year (2016: ?18,532) from the Invictus Games Foundation in relation to rent and associated charges

The Royal Foundation leased an office under an operating lease in 2014. The lease runs for 10 years, with a break at 5 years, at which time the lease
payments are renegotiated to reflect market rentals. Part of the first floor of the office was sublet by The Royal Foundation to the Invictus Games
Foundation from January 2015 until July 2017.

In July 2017, The Royal Foundation leased an office in the Phoenix Brewery for 7 months to provide a hub for a number of charities supporting the
community affected by the Grenfell fire. A peppercorn rent is payable.

Harold knows anyone can fact check, so his recollections are distorted.

wannable

Basically Harold's quote from the Spare Book is indirectly accusing the Royal Foundation as thieves. That W didn't want to give moneys to Invictus, when the accounting books prove that Invictus DID have the seeded moneys through Harry's ''charities'.  The PIE's in every accounting shows by color scheme the separate charities of each of them and the moneys that each one had by receiving funds. 

Now, that Harold wanted W to approve moneys received by fund raising that is intended by the donor to go to a 'specific' charity is legally a no go. I am not stating he said this BUT by Harold's quote, he is directly stating that W was unwilling to give moneys.  What moneys? 

wannable

Official UK Gov website

LIBOR funds to support first Invictus Games in London
?1 million from the LIBOR fund will be used to support a major new international sporting event for wounded, injured and sick Service personnel, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, announced today.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/libor-funds-to-support-first-invictus-games-in-london

The official UK Charity Commission of the Royal Foundation yearly accounts have all been delivered before deadline, never received a RED flag.  Each of these financial statements have done the extra mile of showing pies of moneys delivered to each of the charities by William, Kate and Harry individually and the exact amounts MOVED from Harry's charities to Invictus.  This has nothing to do with William, it is a Harry obsession he has with his brother to mud him with lies and more lies.

changemhysoul

I repeat my other statement, The funds transferred when Harry and Meghan left wasn't money gifted, it was money owed to them, already set aside for Endeavor/Invictus. The Cambridge's did not 'save' Invictus with the money that already belonged to Invictus and even then, Invictus was not such dire needs that it needed 'saving' from The Royal Foundation that had just recently lost one of the main people helping raising funds/apart of the the foundation.

Also, in other Invictus news, a message from Bobby Ojeh - Team Lead - InvictusNG

https://twitter.com/invictusgamesNG/status/1625078638696701952

wannable

Exactly, hence it is baffling Harold had to (keep) on playing the victim that William did not want to give him moneys, when the moneys of H charities under the F umbrella was always there and reported to have been moved i.e. Endeavour to Invictus by the Royal Foundation. Everything that was Harold's was given to Harold. The Foundation never has and still hasn't a Red Flag.  Hence I said Harold is a liar.

wannable

IF The Royal Foundation to this date and yearly pull out a Impact Review, I would be suspicious like any and all financial people.  BUT, the Foundation has yearly pulled out their Financial Review before deadline with extra mileage information that makes it even more (super) transparent. Other than itemized numbers, they use color coded pies, Each charity in the F umbrella has an essay of introduction, it also has external auditor fact checking of the essays and the numbers. That means bank deposits, bank withdrawals with the description of date/time/who/what is written down to a T, both deposits and withdrawals HAS to come with a letterhead invoice from the donors (depositing) and W and K Foundation letterhead withdrawing invoicing for 0 tax purpose with a receipt letter from the charity recipient.  The description of money entering/outing is the essay per se.  So, you have both financial and impact in one = transparency = trust.

Harold going willy nilly playing the victim whilst the proof of transparency of the foundation is in the pudding = he is obsessed and envious of Willy.

changemhysoul

RE: IG2025, It seems like they're starting to prep early. Congratz to IG for this!

We are thrilled to announce today our first premier tier commercial sponsor.
@TeckResources is committing $1.5M to help ensure these games have a lasting impact on the lives of active service members, Veterans and their families globally and in our local communities.

https://twitter.com/InvictusGames25/status/1625961827996762116

Curryong

One and a half million is an extremely generous donation towards the cost of staging the Invictus Games. Terrific step forward!

changemhysoul

Just a little mini update for those who are interested in following,

The Polish Invictus twitter posted a picture of what looks to be their proposal to host IG27.

I wonder which cities will get the final viewing bids but I also wonder which countries put in a proposal.

Curryong

It would be good for Poland to host the Games but of course it?s yet another European country. One would have hoped that an Asian country would have (figuratively speaking) put up its hand, but of course it all comes down to economics and the length of time it takes to travel to and from a place. Australia is a very sport-oriented place, and competitors in all kinds of sports love it when they actually get here. It?s the ?other side of the world? thing with the 24 hours of travel needed to get here that makes some of them moan.

changemhysoul

^ Maybe some have, hopefully. Japan and South Korea would be the best bet.

I only found about about Poland because the Polish IG replied to the main Invictus account in a reply and someone retweeted. I'm not following all of the countries accounts so I could be missing things.

Case In Point: It took a lot of digging to find out stuff about the South Korea team during The Hauge. It was only because the team took a picture with H&M and someone posted so I was able to keep updates on the teams. A lot of the news about them is in Korean also that took a bit of work. Fun note: In The Hauge the SK team brought gifts and donations for the Ukrainian Team.

Princess Cassandra

Since it is a global event, perhaps Japan, S. Korea or Australia would be appropriate.

wannable

^It is not a global event, only 21 nations participate out of the 195 nations (193, 2 are what is called observer nations Holly See and the State of Palestine) in planet earth.  So the choice is very limited.

Remember the IG is basically an arm to ''war'' veterans/military, hence it is limited.  It's the paralympics exclusively for military disabled soldiers who are still benefiting from their countries Ministry of Defense who have signed up for the program. 

Having said that, Japan is not in the IG, it would be contrary to their official philosophy and statement after surrendering to the USA 2nd September 1945.  The war museums at Hiroshima and Nagasaki is a constant reminder. Basically they turned into a Hello Kitty nation.

wannable

^ETA: The 2 atomic bombs ''disabled' (and killed) 2 entire population cities, the radiation effect affected 3 generational babies of parents and grandparent survivors from those two cities and beyond the radiation wind. That is a PTSD reminder of what is war for the Japanese, that is their true philosophy, hence the workaholic to rebuild their nation and Hello Kitty reference of peace and love.  As a note: I practice Japanese martial arts, which includes the study of Japanese budo philosophy. My grad year, the valedictorian is a generational deformed/physical disabled woman from a Hiroshima survival parents.

Out and over.

changemhysoul

Harry along with the President Johnson virtually awarded the second recipient of the NAACP-Archewell Digital Civil Rights Award to The Markup CEO Nabiha Syed. Winners of the award get $100,000 towards their causes.

A bit about Nabiha per wiki "Nabiha Syed is an American technology lawyer and media executive. Syed is currently the chief executive officer of The Markup, a data-driven journalism outlet. She has been described as "one of the best emerging free speech lawyers" by Forbes magazine."

Meghan wasn't featured in the zoom call.

changemhysoul

Quote from: changemhysoul on February 25, 2023, 07:08:11 PM
Harry along with the President Johnson virtually awarded the second recipient of the NAACP-Archewell Digital Civil Rights Award to The Markup CEO Nabiha Syed. Winners of the award get $100,000 towards their causes.

A bit about Nabiha per wiki "Nabiha Syed is an American technology lawyer and media executive. Syed is currently the chief executive officer of The Markup, a data-driven journalism outlet. She has been described as "one of the best emerging free speech lawyers" by Forbes magazine."

Meghan wasn't featured in the zoom call.

Official Announcement for the winner of the award.

Curryong

An excellent and very distinguished winner of the award. Free speech is a much under-valued commodity in the modern world, and I?m glad to see Nabiya Syed regards it as an indispensable part of a truly democratic society. I?m sure she will use the money well.