'Even serious artists can be reduced to feeble fakery by a religious commission'

Started by Wombat, September 11, 2007, 06:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wombat

'Even serious artists can be reduced to feeble fakery by a religious commission' - Guardian
QuoteFor two hundred years or so, the Lady Chapel in Ely Cathedral was a shadowy vault lit by the wheeling daylight that filtered through its stained glass windows. Here the faithful came to implore the intercession of the Virgin Mary, mediatrix of all grace and mercy. Most of this great cathedral, envisioned by William the Conqueror as a bastion of faith shining out over the lawless fens, is Norman in construction and feeling, but the Lady Chapel, which was added to the complex of buildings in the 14th century, with its elaborate tracery and shallow pointed arches, is decorated gothic.

4321BAM

Well, it seems it has come to this and tho I doubt it'll do much good I'm still going to say it because it is the TRUTH. This is the only account I use on the forum and I am a member of only ONE other royal forum where I also have only ONE account. I am NOT in contact with anyone from the forums (e-mail or otherwise), the reason(s) should be self evident to anyone with half a braincell... 

God forbid greater evil (if it exists) then having PW as a partner!