Prince William To Take To the Skies Again - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, August 11, 2014, 10:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieChloe

William runs nothing (apart from away from his Royal duties). 

He even seems really distant with his own child.  Any chance of seeing him walking in the park with baby George.  We've seen Kate and the Nanny...why no William?  He really is a spoilt grown man-child.  IMO. 

Good grief those two really deserve each other. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

sandy

Quote from: Canuck on September 26, 2014, 06:53:39 PM
At 31 he's running his foundation, patron/president of a number of charities, taking part in all of the Prince's Trust meetings, and is working in a public service job. 

When the Queen took the throne at a young age, she'd had less experience and preparation -- and she has obviously done just fine.  Will will have far more preparation than she did by the time he eventually takes the throne (I'd say he probably already has, and will have another 10-20 years at least).

No comparison with the Queen. Her father was ailing and the Queen as Princess was busy with royal duties, had access to State Papers, and pinch hit for her father. She did not wake up one day and said gosh I want to fly some copters and live like other people. She was totally attuned to her future role as Queen even at a young age.

Nobody knows when William will be on the throne.

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on September 25, 2014, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: Limabeany on September 25, 2014, 10:29:40 PM
any other qualified pilot could not and would not be doing if space weren't made for him. 

His passion for flying has nothing to do with saving lives?  He could get a job flying helicopters in other areas ... he could fly a tourist helicopter, he could work for a company that employs helicopters for surveying, or he could do some crop dusting or traffic monitoring.  But he chose to work at saving peoples' lives.

Cindy
well not really, as a Senior Royal he can't really work in antying commercial, and he has to use his skill in a military or humanitarian context

Double post auto-merged: September 27, 2014, 02:10:57 PM

Quote from: SophieChloe on September 26, 2014, 07:03:54 PM
William runs nothing (apart from away from his Royal duties). 

He even seems really distant with his own child.  Any chance of seeing him walking in the park with baby George.  We've seen Kate and the Nanny...why no William?  He really is a spoilt grown man-child.  IMO. 

Good grief those two really deserve each other. 
perhaps he prefers ot keep being with his child in private.