Oh what a boring Christmas card, Edward... Prince chooses dull photo of him and

Started by drezzle, December 21, 2008, 01:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drezzle

Daily Mail:  http://tinyurl.com/8bnug8

It doesn't look so boring -- I wish the current monarch could choose the successor from the succession line rather than relying on a roll of the dice.  Edward and Sophie would be perfect as the next King and Queen.  Who knows, maybe the UK will be absorbed into the EU, and succession laws will be adjusted for the better?
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Rasta Watermelon

Edward for King! :yesss: :Royal: :stars: :whoohoo:

(I am biased.) :kiss2:

Claire

serene grace

Sophie looks so pretty and Pr.Edward looks nice.
I don't get what the Daily Mail means, it's a perfectly nice,tasteful card.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Rasta Watermelon

Monika

I think the picture is just fine, but I wish it had been a family portrait.  I realize they are determined to keep their children out of the spotlight, but a Christmas photo wouldn't be over the top.   

AP:  "Kate Middleton Found Guilty of Breaking 11th Commandment:  Thou Shalt Not Be Luckier Than I"

Goldie1

Edward as King? Oh now. Than change the Law and Anne becomes her birthplace behind Charles (Kill first William and Harry) and then you have Anne as Queen thats a better choise. :tree:
HM-ite #0013
Peterite #0014

GwenCat

Boring card, but then these two are rather boring. Something Christmasy would have improved it.

drezzle

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Rasta Watermelon

They are a lovely couple and enjoy a stable and loving relationship and a loving environment for their kids. I dont expect to see their children it is obvious they want them to enjoy a private and normal life, and thats their choice. People may not agree with it, but they are the parents of James and louise and that is their right as parents.

Goldie: Anne would make a great monarch also.

topqueenb

I'm sure they are a lovely couple, but who poses for a Christmas card without their young children being in it? Gee!

Monika

Quote from: GwenCat on December 22, 2008, 02:01:00 PM
Boring card, but then these two are rather boring. Something Christmasy would have improved it.

It would be nice to see the whole family at Christmas, or perhaps a full length shot would have been better for this occasion. 

AP:  "Kate Middleton Found Guilty of Breaking 11th Commandment:  Thou Shalt Not Be Luckier Than I"

GwenCat

It would have been nice to see the kids on the card, since we rarely get to see them.

drezzle

It's nice that Edward and Sophie have set their priorities higher than merely catering to public wants and desires concerning their precious children.

Rasta Watermelon

Goldie1

I like Sophie and Edward. But I canĀ“t help, but I think it has something to do with whatever is wrong with LouiseĀ“ eye. Silly thought?
Christmas will come and we see it or not. :tree: :santa3:
HM-ite #0013
Peterite #0014

drezzle

I've seen pictures of Louise -- she is quite adorable looking and the eye isn't that bad.

Goldie1

HM-ite #0013
Peterite #0014

drezzle

topqueenb

Quote from: drezzle on December 23, 2008, 04:56:21 AM
It's nice that Edward and Sophie have set their priorities higher than merely catering to public wants and desires concerning their precious children.

I think the millions of people that pose with their family for a Christmas card are not thinking let me lower my priorities and show off my precious children.

drezzle

Very true queenb, but the situation is a little different for Edward and Sophie compared to millions of other parents.  I can understand how they might not want to expose a slight physical disability of their daughter to the bloodthirsty media that can be so cold and cruel.

topqueenb

Quote from: drezzle on December 23, 2008, 05:40:16 PM
Very true queenb, but the situation is a little different for Edward and Sophie compared to millions of other parents.  I can understand how they might not want to expose a slight physical disability of their daughter to the bloodthirsty media that can be so cold and cruel.
Don't keep up with the Wessex's much. Not aware of Louise's situation.  That being so, I see your point.

Goldie1

drezzel, thank for the links. I had seen this picture, and about this lens shot you can only see a little sweet girl, nothing more. Merry Christmas. 
HM-ite #0013
Peterite #0014