There's a good boy! Prince Edward in public display of affection for hunting dog

Started by Alexandra123, January 02, 2009, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandra123

There's a good boy! Prince Edward in public display of affection for hunting dog he beat last week

Prince Edward put on a very public display of affection for his dogs a week after being pictured lashing out at them.
The RSPCA has formally launched an investigation after the 44-year-old was seen reacting violently when the two black labradors appeared to grab a dead pheasant during a shoot at Sandringham last Saturday.
But it was a very different scene when the Edward took another stroll with the gun dogs on the Queen's 20,000-acre estate in Norfolk.

brittanylala

I thought The Firm were never pressured by the media...

Got to love the Daily Mail, the article subsequently praises him and then prints the offending pictures again!

Rasta Watermelon

^^ I'm with you Brit got to hand it to the DM, if you look at the pics from Rex Features and an article from pet news examiner it paint a different angle to what the DM were saying last week.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1028-Pet-News-Examiner~y2008m12d28-Prince-Edward-beats-dogs-accused-of-animal-cruelty

QuoteThe Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) will be examinig the photographs (below) to determine if Prince Edward violated the Animal Welfare Act and inflicted harm unnecessarily. (It is not illegal in England to hit a dog to save it from some danger.) 

Just goes to show those dogs are not not scared or traumatized animals, but then I never thought they would be. :notamused:

GwenCat

..... I'll give him the benefit of doubt, but a true dog lover (as they say he is??) wouldn't pat a dog on the head... he would bend over and bear hug and scratch his ears, after the Lab thoroughly cleaned PE face with kisses. :)