Prince Harry As King: Bachelor Prince Chosen by Queen Over Prince William

Started by TheRealDuchessOfSussex, July 30, 2014, 12:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryGirl

So it would be less concerning if he were married and went out for a drink every once in a while?

georgiana996

To the press it would be less of a story if he were married. The party prince angle is all his fault , he has vegas and other stunts to blame but in no way does it prove he is a suffering with drinking problems .

Not all 25 yr/ or young people party and drink hard , some of us just go along and end up being the ones driving  :Lothwen: or calling a cab while carrying our friends shoes and bags lol . Just saying not everyone enjoys getting drunk and passing out , many people even youngsters / college kids might party but not take it to the levels harry has .
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Macrobug

^^Pretty much.  But he doesn't necessarily have to be married.  Just  being more adult.  It would be nice to see him happily married and with kids.  I think he would be a great dad. 

I just think he needs to start partying less, start being more serious about life in general and basically be an adult.  And IMO, he is already starting to do this.  At present, I have no concerns with Harry.  But as I said, it would be concerning if his behaviour was still in party-mode in 5-10 years.
GNU Terry Pratchett

HistoryGirl

^oh believe me, I totally get that. I don't drink alcohol at all. I don't like the way people behave when drunk so I don't do it. However, at the same time, the way I live my life is no more "right" than ppl that do enjoy drinking. It is simply a personal choice.

Double post auto-merged: August 03, 2014, 06:49:58 PM

I guess my concern is how ppl (not just here) seem to believe that life should consist of getting married and having kids and any other form of life isn't "real" or "adult".

DaisyMeRollin

Hm...So, this degenerated in hypotheticals and beating dead horses rather quickly.  :no:

Have to agree with both Georginana and HSH on this one.

Quote from: cinrit on August 03, 2014, 05:50:13 PMOne time experimenting wouldn't cause a drastic change in behavior.  No one knows if Harry is an alcoholic or not, but if his father was that concerned at such an early age, and if he drinks to the point of passing out as often as he is reported to, there's some sort of problem.  Like others, I'm not against Harry nor do I think he's a bad guy.  But as he gets older, the drinking is going to take it's toll, and I'd hate to see that happen.

Cindy

While I agree with you in some aspects, and since someone already tossed their own version of the scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz out there, if the BRF were your everyday, normal family, would he have even been reprimanded this way for his early experimentation, or would it have been a stern conversation?

That seemed like a little PR clean-up to me for something that could have very well been exaggerated by the media in the first place because he's a Prince. Doing what other kids do within the journey of life? THIS IS EGREGIOUS!
"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

georgiana996

Quote from: HistoryGirl on August 03, 2014, 06:48:20 PM
^oh believe me, I totally get that. I don't drink alcohol at all. I don't like the way people behave when drunk so I don't do it. However, at the same time, the way I live my life is no more "right" than ppl that do enjoy drinking. It is simply a personal choice.

Double post auto-merged: August 03, 2014, 06:49:58 PM

I guess my concern is how ppl (not just here) seem to believe that life should consist of getting married and having kids and any other form of life isn't "real" or "adult".
:nod: :thumbsup:
Yeah , ikr!! It's personal choice , I wont judge any one who goes out every week , unless they have a problem . Drinking is fine as long as your not harming yourself and others around you.

DaisyMeRollin

Yes, HG and Georgiana, I think people are inundated with this notion of a domestic timetable that others are apparently suppose to subscribe to. It does seem like archaic remnants of yesteryear, seeing as though people are actively delaying marriage, children, or both now, which, in my eyes, is completely responsible.

Actually, would people be happier if he nabbed whatever came along, only to pop out a couple of pups, then get divorced a decade or so down the line? Do some just want to see a woman in white again, so they can "Oooooh!" and "Awww!" at the shiny things for a couple of hours? Really, what's end game here?
"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

HistoryGirl

^ Totally. I mean is it not detrimental to the family unit in the end if the man or the woman felt pressured to have the family and they didn't truly want it?

The one thing that I've always believed is that William was someone that wanted a person they could trust which is why he chose to marry Kate. I dont believe he was pushed or coerced or fooled into a marriage. I think there is a connection there and I think that's wonderful truly. But that is wonderful not because it's traditional or what I would want, but because I do believe that's what he wanted. Just because William wanted that though does not mean Harry has to and it doesn't mean his life is not one of an adult.

Now if the argument is that they don't work much and that's not conducive to being a royal, I get that perspective; however, like I said earlier, I think they're both like that. But his personal choice of not having settled down is for me not what makes me decide which one is more of an adult

georgiana996

HsHCharlene

Quote from: georgiana996 on August 03, 2014, 06:43:33 PM
To the press it would be less of a story if he were married. The party prince angle is all his fault , he has vegas and other stunts to blame but in no way does it prove he is a suffering with drinking problems .

I very much agree. The press does try to paint him in a certain light but he doesn't help his cause very much if he continues to give them things to work with. He certainly isn't innocent and has growing up to do, I happen to think it will be at his own pace and not according to what the public thinks.

Harry not being the heir has certainly had something to do with things, on the plus side he can be more wild than his brother and get away with it. On the negative side he isn't as protected as William is. I have heard interviews on documentaries of William being drunk at a night club and having his head down the loo after being sick and there have been pictures of him stripping down to his boxers online. He has enjoyed himself but I think he smarter in how he goes about such things. He never strips in front of strange women, only his close circle. And most likely only drinks in private. Being married and a father has also not only helped his image but I'm sure curbed some party antics as well. I think interviewees in documentaries have always said that William is more mature than Harry and I do believe that. William, as distant as he can be from the public, is very self/image protective so he is wise enough not to give people room to take advantage of him like Harry has.

With that said, I don't see Harry being an alcoholic or having issues with alcohol versus the people around him. If someone comes out and tells the press that Harry got drunk at a party/wedding it really doesn't take into account the context of the situation. No one else is mentioned as drunk not necessarily because they weren't but because the press and the reader really aren't interested if Joe Schmoe is also drunk at the party along with Harry. Harry's name is the attention grabber in the situation. That's why I find it hard to believe that he has a drinking problem. If he has one then so do all of the people around him that are also drinking there along with him. I think it goes back to social context of drinking, whether it's binge drinking or not.

georgiana996

Oh yes remember that wedding he attended a month ago where the headline was "prince harry passes out on the street and someone steals his wallet" ahem excuse me , this guy has RPOs he is never going to be on the street drunk or otherwise and the staff from the bar said harry left his wallet on the table and he personally returned it to him . Look at what the press did with such boring info , turned it into a sensational story to sell.

Canuck

I didn't say that Harry has to get married, or that getting married is the only way to be adult (hell, I'm not married and I'm plenty adult).  But HE has said he wants to get married and have kids, and all I said was that I hope that's a trigger for him to stop "partying" or drinking heavily. 

I understand why that happens in university or in the military or whatever else, but I think there are indications Harry indulges too much and I do think it would be a problem if he kept on going with it in his 30s and 40s.

georgiana996

In the past 6 yrs apart from vegas harry hasn't done any hard partying , harry can go out in the evening and meet his friends and the papers will say he is drunk .
I think whatever he did as a teen was due to his traumatic childhood , he lost his mum at 10 and had to deal in front of so many cameras and judgemental eyes , that was his coping mechanism , still doesn't prove he is as maniac as the press portrays him .

HistoryGirl

So he'll have to stop drinking (I say that because no one has proved that he's an alcoholic or that he even blacks out) when he gets married? I don't think either William or Harry have "problems" with alcohol, I think they both like to drink. I think one brother is more private about it now, but by no means do I think William is only sipping a wine cooler while Harry is guzzling vodka.

georgiana996

Its also a cultural thing , people in the west are more relaxed about alcohol , where I come from its not such a good idea to even be seen with a glass of wine :P but people do it anyway  :lol: you see uni students falling out of clubs and the like , its personal preference , but doing it doesn't make a person have a drinking problem.

Canuck

I think a lot of confusion could be avoided if people stopped putting words in my mouth (or in my comments).  I never said he would have to stop drinking all alcohol when he got married.  I said that I hoped his partying/binge drinking would stop at that point.

Obviously everyone is free to believe or disbelieve whatever media reports they want.  Personally, with so many reports about Prince Harry drinking to excess on different occasions, coming from all kinds of sources, I believe most of them are probably true.

HistoryGirl

But what is excess? What is excess to the reporter that writes the article? What is excess to the individual reading the report? As far as I'm concerned, Harry shows up to royal events not hungover or drunk. There were no reports of him conducting helicopters drunk. None of him blacking out while on the trek. That would to me signal a problem; when the desire to drink keeps you from living the life that you lead. So his drinking is not a problem to me because Harry seems happy and his life has continued like normal, same as William. That doesn't mean that William doesn't drink like Harry does, he just does it privately. Now if the public part is the problem, I get that angle, but that's no more unhealthy to the liver than drinking in private. But you're right, I suppose it's personal point of view.

DaisyMeRollin

Quote from: Canuck on August 03, 2014, 07:28:34 PM
I didn't say that Harry has to get married, or that getting married is the only way to be adult (hell, I'm not married and I'm plenty adult).  But HE has said he wants to get married and have kids, and all I said was that I hope that's a trigger for him to stop "partying" or drinking heavily. 

I understand why that happens in university or in the military or whatever else, but I think there are indications Harry indulges too much and I do think it would be a problem if he kept on going with it in his 30s and 40s.

It's not specifically about your comments on the situation. There have been many people on here and elsewhere that super-impose their subjective morality on a situation that we, realistically, no nothing about. Nothing you've expressed is offensive, to me anyway.

I, personally, take a lot of "articles" without photographic proof with a grain of salt, where as others, will build upon whatever reality they perceive the situation to be until it's so far-fetched it's bordering on libel.

Double post auto-merged: August 03, 2014, 08:32:29 PM

Edit: "Know". Sorry, multi-tasking.

sara8150

Prince Harry wouldn't become monarchy

Who follow on succession

HM Queen
Prince Charles
duke of cambridge
Prince George
Prince Harry

If William and Kate plans another baby they Harry moves baby will behind by Harry

But HM queen chosen Charles or William chosen for monarchy not Harry!