Engagement, Marriage, Divorce of Diana and Charles (Thread from 2020 onward)

Started by TLLK, February 24, 2020, 10:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

This debate about who cheated first in the Charles/Diana marriage has been going on for about thirty years to my knowledge! Certainly I have no doubts myself that Diana was treating Mannakee as a confidante while her marriage was first going pearshaped while he probably responded sympathetically to an increasingly unhappy and an attractive young woman.

After all she wasn?t the first and no doubt won?t be the last royal woman  to become close to a RPO while experiencing a miserable marriage. Princess Anne anyone? Which is why both men were officially moved out of their orbits by superior officers.

However, Diana actually sleeping with Mannakee? I have my doubts,  and no solid evidence of adultery between the couple has come out in the decades since including Peters? statements Eden has produced. Plus Peters (and Eden) seem to have forgotten the opportunities for emotional dalliance Charles had with his ex mistress Camilla during hunt meets with the Belvoir right from the first years of his marriage.

What did Pres Carter once say about marital fidelity, something about committing emotional adultery in his heart, I believe?

Amabel2

I think you'll find that it was a higher authority than Pres Carter who said that

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on November 25, 2021, 03:57:27 PM
I think you'll find that it was a higher authority than Pres Carter who said that

It was Carter who spoke about his own experience in a Playboy interview while talking about temptation and his religious faith.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1859513_1859526_1859518,00.html

Curryong

Yes. Carter quoted the bible and spoke about his own experiences with the ?lust in (my) heart? quote, when he spoke about his religious faith in a Playboy interview. That?s what I originally was alluding to.

Amabel2

sorry it sounded like you meant that it was Carter's own words about lusting after women...

Curryong

Yes, I expressed myself really badly. I?ve read it since and I should have said ?quoted? and been clearer.

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Is it true photographers never snapped the courting couple together until Prince Charles and Lady Diana's engagement became public?

LouisFerdinand

Lady Diana nearly walked down the aisle without her wedding bouquet. As Diana exited the Glass Coach on the arm of her father she did not have her bouquet. Was she concentrating on how she would exit gracefully? She left her flowers in the coach. However, when she walked down the aisle she had the bouquet.   

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Amabel2

Obviously she was not going to try exiting the coach in a very big dress, and holding her flowers

TLLK

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on February 18, 2022, 08:34:33 PM
Lady Diana nearly walked down the aisle without her wedding bouquet. As Diana exited the Glass Coach on the arm of her father she did not have her bouquet. Was she concentrating on how she would exit gracefully? She left her flowers in the coach. However, when she walked down the aisle she had the bouquet.   

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

The Glass Coach could barely contain Lady Diana, her dress and Earl Spencer and required both to step down its small folding steps to the pavement. They were both going to need the assistance of the waiting grooms to exit the coach, so the massive floral bouquet would have been a hindrance.

LouisFerdinand

Rare photos from Princess Diana and Prince Charles' wedding   
70 Rare Photos From Princess Diana and Prince Charles' Wedding

How rare is a picture of the Engagement of Lady Diana and Prince Charles?

TLLK

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on July 28, 2022, 10:28:05 PM
Rare photos from Princess Diana and Prince Charles' wedding   
70 Rare Photos From Princess Diana and Prince Charles' Wedding

How rare is a picture of the Engagement of Lady Diana and Prince Charles?

Not very rare unless it's a personal photo of the Windsor or Spencer families that was never released to the public in 1981.

Curryong

King Charles' staff conducted 'smear campaigns' about Princess Diana, ex-private secretary claims | Daily Mail Online

?Patrick Jephson, who was the late royal's private secretary from 1988 to 1996, claimed in the new podcast The Scandal Mongers, hosted by royal authors Phil Craig and Andrew Lownie, that sources close to the King orchestrated a 'systematic' smear campaign against his estranged wife, which made her life 'hell.'

He added that he was frustrated by the fact it has now become 'accepted' that Diana struggled mentally, and said she in fact showcased 'extraordinary strength' under the pressure of royal life and media attention.

Meanwhile, Phil Craig, who wrote Diana: Story of a Princess, said that these briefings have had a lasting impact on the legacy of the King's first wife, and added they were the 'nastiest' aspect of the War of the Wales.?

Perhaps Charles could start by apologising for the above, then. And also for flying into a temper, accusing his then Private Sec of persuading him into the disastrous interview with Jonathon Dimbleby in which he admitted adultery and outed Camilla as his ?friend? ie mistress. Everybody on his staff knew that he had wanted to do the interview with Dimbleby and there had been no persuasion, but the unfortunate PS had to resign his position anyway as Charles refused to take responsibility for his own decision.

Maybe Harry learned a thing or two from Daddy about stabbing nearest and dearest, and staff in the back. Charles has never apologised for his actions, either to the PS or to his ex wife for anything. So perhaps apologies could begin there. And to his sons for letting them swing in the breeze on various occasions while his spin doctor Bolland planted stories in the media to make Camilla look good.

As you say, none of us are perfect. And that certainly includes Charles!

Amabel2

Patrick Jephsn is mighty fond of Diana now isn't he?  How does anyone know what CHarles has said in private

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on December 14, 2022, 12:25:21 PM
Patrick Jephsn is mighty fond of Diana now isn't he?  How does anyone know what CHarles has said in private

We don?t know what Charles has said in private, just like we don?t know what Harry has said to his father in recent phone calls, Skype, communications. However, Charles has never apologised publicly for any mistakes or blunders made by himself. Not for shielding pedophile Father Ball, not for being a great friend of Hammer, who was a crook but still gave to his causes so that made it all OK I suppose, nor of Van der Post, whom he called his spiritual adviser, but who was, to say the least, a libertine. Nor of Saville.

Nor has he ever claimed responsibility for anything done to his first wife by his staff and friends, nor for allowing Bolland to plant stories in the media that embarrassed and humiliated his sons and angered other royals while trying to rehabilitate Camilla. It?s all in the bios I have of Charles, including the one written by the oh so accurate Tom Bowers.

wannable

Her actions speak louder than any Patrick. TOO many clumsy and IMPULSIVE decisions that doesn't need fans or detractors. Straight from the horses mouth is a two edge sword, one of the edges is mortal.

Now if Tom is a hacket, he must be an extraordinaire one, the man keeps on winning. A lawyer is a lawyer is a lawyer, shark!

Curryong

Princess Diana's letters reveals her misery over 'desperate and ugly' divorce from Prince Charles | Daily Mail Online

Archive of Princess Diana's personal letters reveals her misery over 'desperate and ugly' divorce from Prince Charles - as they go under the hammer for an estimated ?90,000 with proceeds going to charity
Diana sought support from friends during her public split from Prince Charles
The 32 revealing letters are up for auction and are expected to sell for ?90,000.

In one revealing letter from April 28, 1996, Diana cancelled a trip to the opera due to the strain of her separation.

She wrote: 'I am having a very difficult time and pressure is serious and coming from all sides.

'It's too difficult sometimes to keep one's head up and today I am on my knees and just longing for this divorce to go through as the possible cost is tremendous.'

Her handwriting, normally open and flowing, deteriorates towards the end of the letter, apparently from where she was struggling as she wrote.

LouisFerdinand

In case it rained on the wedding day, the Emanuels had prepared a lace-trimmed ivory   
parasol to shield the bride from the rain.   

Diana's wedding veil was made from a single 153 yard length of white tulle.