Girl asks Queen to stop Crown Estate evictions

Started by sara8150, April 26, 2014, 06:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Limabeany

QuoteJason Wright, who has set up a petition against the evictions, said: "If I were renting from a normal landlord I would appreciate he's in it for the money.

"But we are talking about the Crown Estate that has always been the guardian of residential properties and always provided affordable housing."

Mr Wright has lived in his home in Swaton, Lincolnshire, for 22 years and estimates he has spent £30,000 on renovations.

"We have made it more valuable and now we are being asked to leave," he said.

"We spent thousands on the basis of a verbal assurance that the Crown don't kick you out as long as you pay the rent.
Questions:  is this a rare occurrence (the Crown Estate selling property)?
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

As I understand the Crown Estate, can the Queen realistically do anything about the management of it?  Hasn't it been turned over to the Government?

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

:goodpost: Cindy! I think it has, this is just publicity, I can't say I blame them for doing all they can!  :happycry:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

Yes, I think it's sweet that the little girl took the time to write to the Queen about an issue that concerns her. :)

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.