8 secrets of how the royals travel

Started by snokitty, November 29, 2014, 03:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

http://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/1201411211330/8-secrets-of-how-the-royals-travel

QuoteTraveling can be tedious: standing in line at security, luggage allowances, plane delays, jet lag, and strange hotels. But is this the same for the royals? As Prince William and Duchess Kate embark on their first official engagement in New York City and travel across the ocean, HELLO! investigates the truth about how the royals travel.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Windsor

What an inaccurate, misleading and downright crappy article - where do I begin?

QuoteDuchess Kate

Duchess Kate? Who the hell is that? HELLO! really ought to make an effort, Catherine Middleton is not Duchess Kate - she is The Duchess of Cambridge, if they need to include her name, then that should be Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge. Not this Duchess Kate nonsense...

Quotethey flew commercial from Los Angeles to London

And plenty other times as well.  :shrug:

QuoteThe British royals like to support their own country and try to fly British Airways when they do fly commercial.

True, however they have also shown support for the Commonwealth Realms by flying Qantas, Air Canada and Air New Zealand.

Quoteher father was a pilot and her mother was an air stewardess.

A pilot? Was he really? I didn't know that. Michael Middleton was the son of a pilot, not a Pilot himself... :rolleyes:

QuoteRoyal protocol is that two heirs should never fly on the same flight together so that the royal lineage is protected. However, Prince William broke this tradition when his son was born and took him on the same flight to Australia when Prince George was nine months old. On the trip to New York, Prince William and Kate have adhered to this rule again and Prince George will be staying at home with his nanny.

Didn't Prince William accompany Charles & Diana to Australia when he was a baby? I say no more...  :teehee:

The idea that members of the Royal Family don't travel together is true though - but that only applies to the Sovereign and the Heir to the throne - not the Heir to the throne and other members of the Royal Family.

QuoteAll immigration rules apply

Ermm, no they don't! The Royal Family don't go through immigration control, or airport security when travelling on official business! If they travel privately, the rules do apply but get wavered because of who they are. Anyone heard of VIP lounges? Or VIP terminals? 

Quotehowever, she is forced to go through an identity check every time she flies in and out of Britain, giving her full name, age, address, nationality, gender and place of birth to immigration officials.

She, she shows the immigration official a £20 note, or a couple of coins to verify her identity! Honestly, who wrote this article? What utter rubbish! Queen Elizabeth II has never required identification to move about, be that in private or on public business.

TLLK

I recall seeing a documentary that showed Charles and Diana on a long haul flight. Both were in comfortable clothing on the flight and then changed about an hour before landing. Charles in a suit of course but Diana into a full ensemble with hat etc...I wouldn't be surprised if many royals do this especially if they're flying for several hours.