Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall: Kate Middleton is Lovely and we're very lucky

Started by wannable, March 24, 2011, 01:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

I think that Iseutl is saying that hte boys should have and problaby have learned that it is not Christian to bear grudges?

cinrit

Quote from: amabel on April 04, 2011, 05:25:09 PM
I think that Iseutl is saying that hte boys should have and problaby have learned that it is not Christian to bear grudges?

That's the impression I got.  But I still don't understand what it has to do with the discussion.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

amabel

that it woudl be unlikely that the boys are going to bear a grudge all their lives for what happened in thier paretns' marraige?

amabel

sorry, perhaps I should not be tryng to interrpret but IMO that's what Iseult means?

cinrit

Quote from: amabel on April 05, 2011, 05:09:15 AM
that it woudl be unlikely that the boys are going to bear a grudge all their lives for what happened in thier paretns' marraige?

No ... what I don't understand is what does his holding a grudge or not have to do with him being Head of the Church of England?  What does being a "good Christian" have to do with his holding a grudge or not?  Holding a grudge is not a sin ... acting on that grudge probably is (depending on what the act is).

Cindy

Lavender_L

I think she is referring to the idea of forgiveness. I believe this a reference to PW possibly being a good Christian by forgiving Camilla and his father for the actions and sins. At least I think that is what is meant.

sandy

I think William accepted Camilla to keep the peace in the family and for his father's sake primarily.  C and C didn't exactly treat his mother in a very Christian way. I think W didn't want to make waves and wanted to please his dad.

I think Camilla was advised not to play mother to William. He was all grown up when his father married her in any case.

cinrit

Quote from: sandy on April 05, 2011, 02:05:42 PM
I think Camilla was advised not to play mother to William. He was all grown up when his father married her in any case.

I don't think she had to be advised.  I think she was old enough to know better when she married Charles.

Cindy

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on April 05, 2011, 01:29:23 PM
Quote from: amabel on April 05, 2011, 05:09:15 AM

No ... what I don't understand is what does his holding a grudge or not have to do with him being Head of the Church of England?  What does being a "good Christian" have to do with his holding a grudge or not?  Holding a grudge is not a sin ... acting on that grudge probably is (depending on what the act is).

Cindy
I think that Iseult meant that the boys have been brought up as Christains, William is going to (mabye) be head of C of E, so he should not act in an unchristian way and hold grudges against Cam or his father...

sandy

Quote from: cinrit on April 05, 2011, 03:16:11 PM
Quote from: sandy on April 05, 2011, 02:05:42 PM

I don't think she had to be advised.  I think she was old enough to know better when she married Charles.

Cindy

I think Camilla does need to be advised, considering how she wanted to walk into the Diana Memorial up until the 11th hour.  If she didn't need to be advised, then there also would have been no need for Charles to hire Mark Bolland.

Camilla also was old enough to know better than embark on an affair with Charles while she was married to APB, but she did it anyway.

SophieChloe

Quote from: sandy on April 05, 2011, 03:58:49 PM
Camilla also was old enough to know better than embark on an affair with Charles while she was married to APB, but she did it anyway.
Well said.  Even for the sake of her own children - let alone William and Harry.  Camilla and Charles strike me as selfish people indeed.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

I think Camilla does need to be advised, considering how she wanted to walk into the Diana Memorial up until the 11th hour.  If she didn't need to be advised, then there also would have been no need for Charles to hire Mark Bolland.

You know, Camilla may not have known exactly what to do in that situation.  She was in a no-win position all the way around.  She was invited by William and Harry.  What to do?  Turn them down and make it appear to Diana's sons that she had no respect for the memory of  Diana?  Or should she attend and anger those who thought it would be an insult to the memory of Diana?  I would bet she didn't know which way to turn, decided to go because to not go would be to insult her stepsons, and she may have been very happy for the decision to have been made for her.  I know that you will respond that she's an evil, horrible, tactless human being, and I think you may have been right at one time ... but I don't think you'd be right this time.  Just because some people are evil, horrible, tactless human beings at one time in their lives doesn't mean that they're evil, horrible, tactless human beings their entire lives.

Cindy

Lavender_L

I completely agree Cindy!
People change so much and most people will have some regrets about an action or decision that they made. I wish people would know dwell so much on the whole Diana-Charles-Camilla issue. It was a horrible situation and all three people made mistakes, however, there is nothing we can do about it. IMO, the focus should be on the present and future where the past is only remembered to learn from not to dwell or mourn. Right now, we have a lovely couple who are in love and are about to marry and another young man who is continuing his career and trying to raise awareness of issues close to his heart. There is so much promise and future for Diana's sons, why must we and the media always be remembering the pains of the past? They don't need reminding of it and I am sure they want to honour their mother's memory in a positive manner, whilst accepting what happened.

dianab

Quote from: cinrit on April 05, 2011, 06:59:13 PM

She was invited by William and Harry.
Who's said she was invited?
Insiders told the memorial was the Charles show, he was running the whole thing.

Quote from: sophiechloe on April 05, 2011, 04:21:55 PM
Well said.  Even for the sake of her own children - let alone William and Harry.  Camilla and Charles strike me as selfish people indeed.

:goodpost:

sandy

Right Dianab and certainly Charles could "suggest" the boys invite Camilla. I think they did it as per usual to please their dad but I don't see how in their right minds they could see Camilla striding into their late mother's memorial service given the circumstances.  I think Charles was hoping that he could get away with it. I agree it was the CHarles show. I recall in the live coverage Charles asking Harry to see the speech Harry had prepared before he read it.

sandy

You know, Camilla may not have known exactly what to do in that situation.  She was in a no-win position all the way around.  She was invited by William and Harry.  What to do?  Turn them down and make it appear to Diana's sons that she had no respect for the memory of  Diana?  Or should she attend and anger those who thought it would be an insult to the memory of Diana?  I would bet she didn't know which way to turn, decided to go because to not go would be to insult her stepsons, and she may have been very happy for the decision to have been made for her.  I know that you will respond that she's an evil, horrible, tactless human being, and I think you may have been right at one time ... but I don't think you'd be right this time.  Just because some people are evil, horrible, tactless human beings at one time in their lives doesn't mean that they're evil, horrible, tactless human beings their entire lives.

Cindy

Camilla would have had no respect for the memory of DIana if she had sauntered into the Memorial Service. The respect ironically  would have been shown had she not turned up.  She didn't respect her during her lifetime and it would also make  Camilla look like a big hypocrite. Would the boys REALLY have wanted this lose lose situation with their stepmother turning up and all the public criticism plus calling attention away from the purpose of the event: a Memorial Service of th e 10th anniversary of their mother's death.. I doubt it. This ploy had Charles' fingerprints all over it not the boys.

She could have pled a diplomatic illness or she and Charles could plead a previous engagement.

SophieChloe

You know, Camilla may not have known exactly what to do in that situation.  She was in a no-win position all the way around.  She was invited by William and Harry.  What to do?  
Cindy
Hi Cindy,  I admire your optimism - however I think you are giving Camilla far too much credit, she was  and remains, out for what she could get - and stuff all those around her - even her own children.  Glad she's not my Mum!

sandy

I think Charles and Camilla wanted to send a message: See we've all moved on and play happy families with the boys at the Memorial Service. If they wanted to send this message they sure picked the wrong place to do it. I can't imagine Camilla being THAT stupid NOT to see the repercussions of her turning up. And it is laughable that people would say she didn't respect Diana if she turned it down. She didn't respect Diana when Diana was alive and it would be downright hypocritical for her to "honor" Diana at her memorial. I think Charles was testing the waters to see if he could get away with it and waited until almost the last minute. HE once again used the "boys" to promote his own spin which is shameless IMO.

SophieChloe

Quote from: sandy on April 05, 2011, 08:11:56 PM
She didn't respect Diana when Diana was alive and it would be downright hypocritical for her to "honor" Diana at her memorial. I think Charles was testing the waters to see if he could get away with it and waited until almost the last minute. HE once again used the "boys" to promote his own spin which is shameless IMO.
:notworthy: You have hit the nail on the head for me - well said  :thumbsup: - Trying to reinvent the past is just silly - we all know what took place  :doh:

SophieChloe

:cheers: DianaB - Thanks for the links - Camilla (and Charles) are just horrible - the pair of them - sorry but that is how  I feel  :blank:

dianab

:thankyou: sophiechloe, you're a sweetheart  :vday4:

:blowkiss:

Princess Pea

The word Ruthless rears it's head may I remind you there is still no decent memorial to Diana in the form of a Statue or artistic memorial piece of art work.

cinrit

Quote from: sandy on April 05, 2011, 08:11:56 PM
I think Charles and Camilla wanted to send a message: See we've all moved on and play happy families with the boys at the Memorial Service. If they wanted to send this message they sure picked the wrong place to do it. I can't imagine Camilla being THAT stupid NOT to see the repercussions of her turning up. And it is laughable that people would say she didn't respect Diana if she turned it down. She didn't respect Diana when Diana was alive and it would be downright hypocritical for her to "honor" Diana at her memorial. I think Charles was testing the waters to see if he could get away with it and waited until almost the last minute. HE once again used the "boys" to promote his own spin which is shameless IMO.

I think they probably all have moved on.  There is no reason to think otherwise.  They all look happy, and we don't hear anything negative, so why the assumption that the boys hate Camilla, the boys tolerate her only to please Charles (which is especially puzzling since William is often described as "stubborn" ... not someone I'd assume would bend with the wind).  It's people who don't even know them who have not moved on.  It's not at all "laughable", Sandy, to think well of someone.  Rather, I'd think it's more commendable.

And here we are, discussing Diana again, in a thread about Camilla liking Kate Middleton.  :sigh:

Cindy

SophieChloe

Quote from: Princess Pea on April 05, 2011, 08:57:13 PM
The word Ruthless rears it's head may I remind you there is still no decent memorial to Diana in the form of a Statue or artistic memorial piece of art work.
Too true = how time moves on.  However, my memory is long, very long