Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall: Kate Middleton is Lovely and we're very lucky

Started by wannable, March 24, 2011, 01:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princesse Grace

Quote from: sophiechloe on March 25, 2011, 01:04:29 PM
How William can stomach being near Camilla - is way beyond me.  She caused such misery to his Mother. 
:goodpost:
Yes,I can not bear Camilla and Diana was not my mom,so imagine if I was daughter of Diana..... :windsor:  :catfight:

missing diana

Quote from: sandy on March 24, 2011, 03:27:56 PMKate should and surely will have courtiers going over protocol with her and she will have a Lady in Waiting to Advise her. Diana herself did not have the Queen "teaching" her, she had Beckwith-Smith her Lady in Waiting as h er chief advisor in every aspect of royal protocol. 

I think Camilla is just trying to establish some sort of control over Kate like she did with Lady Diana.  :nono: She also is promoting her own PR showing how "wise" she is. I think Camilla should have more tact and finesse something that seems to elude her. Her PR sort of hits people over the head.  She also had a very obvious photo op showing her "teaching Kate the ropes: over a very public dinner. Camilla IMO is not known for being subtle.

I think Camila is controversial to say the least and having herself blasted over the media as Kate's mentor I think is not doing anything for Camilla's or Kate's own images.  I think it will erode Kate's popularity.

Very well stated I agree. 

Kim-buh-lee

Quote from: sandy on March 24, 2011, 03:12:51 PM
I disagree. I think Camilla is the Last Person to give Kate advice.  They can have friendly lunches but I find the idea of Kate being Camilla's mentoree somewhat appalling. I have a feeling Kate will get out of this "mentoring yoke" as soon as possible. I don't think Kate is stupid and is aware that this might hurt her popularity.

I think Camilla did her share of giving the "bad" and the "ugly" side to William's mother.

Camilla wormed her way into the Firm by sheer manipulation. Unless people want Kate to be a manipulative dishonest person, I am not getting the support for this woman as her mentor. Camila was better at breaking up marriages than helping them. IMO that is.

Kate had better look to Sophie.

I think Wills should shield Kate from being used in Camilla's own PR campaigns which iMO this obviiously is.

I agree. Kate should not take Camilla's advice. Sophie is a way better choice.

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

cinrit

Quote from: sophiechloe on March 25, 2011, 04:24:28 PM
the misery that Camilla and Charles caused, ultimately led to Diana's death -

I am just as sad that Diana is no longer with us.  And I cried just as hard as the rest of you the day she died.  But the only person responsible for Diana's death is the driver of the car who chose to recklessly speed when he was full of alcohol and prescription pills.  I'm going to add the lack of seat belts, as well.  The only person who survived that crash was the one who was wearing his seat belt.

Quote from: sandy Posted on March 24, 2011, 10:27:56 AM
I think Camila is controversial to say the least and having herself blasted over the media as Kate's mentor I think is not doing anything for Camilla's or Kate's own images.  I think it will erode Kate's popularity. 

It hasn't so far. 

Quote from: Jenee on: Today at 12:51:19 PM
I agree - Sophie would be a great mentor for Kate!

I agree that Sophie is a great mentor for Kate.  Supposedly, she is helping her.  They're closer in age, and hopefully in temperament.  But Camilla does have experience and insight that could be helpful.  Just because we're not crazy about her doesn't mean that she means any harm to Kate, or that Kate will be disliked because she interacts with her stepmother-in-law.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Pamela

Quote from: cinrit on March 25, 2011, 06:05:02 PM
the misery that Camilla and Charles caused, ultimately led to Diana's death -

I am just as sad that Diana is no longer with us.  And I cried just as hard as the rest of you the day she died.  But the only person responsible for Diana's death is the driver of the car who chose to recklessly speed when he was full of alcohol and prescription pills.  I'm going to add the lack of seat belts, as well.  The only person who survived that crash was the one who was wearing his seat belt.

Quote from: sandy Posted on March 24, 2011, 10:27:56 AM

It hasn't so far. 

Quote from: Jenee on: Today at 12:51:19 PM
I agree - Sophie would be a great mentor for Kate!

I agree that Sophie is a great mentor for Kate.  Supposedly, she is helping her.  They're closer in age, and hopefully in temperament.  But Camilla does have experience and insight that could be helpful.  Just because we're not crazy about her doesn't mean that she means any harm to Kate, or that Kate will be disliked because she interacts with her stepmother-in-law.

Cindy
I agree with your views here. If PW & PH can get along with Camilla, I think the rest of us should take note and unwind (meaning lose the tension) about all that's happened in the past. No one has to like her or be her number one fan (I'm certainly not), but the level of animosity needs to decrease. It doesn't benefit anyone to stay angry and agitated about the past. I'm not saying "forget what happened", but I do think finding some peaceful accommodation with the present is a good idea. At least, that's what I've done, and for me, that feels better.

Princess Pea

William and Harry love their father so the accept everything that has gone on in the past and have forgiven I would say.

wannable

Yes, Camilla did say Kate is lovely and she is looking forward to the wedding. I heard her at Covent Garden Academy of Flowers.
about 1 hour ago via web

Judy Wade
Hello! Magazine

Jenee

Quote from: cinrit on March 25, 2011, 06:05:02 PM
[I agree that Sophie is a great mentor for Kate.  Supposedly, she is helping her.  They're closer in age, and hopefully in temperament.  But Camilla does have experience and insight that could be helpful.  Just because we're not crazy about her doesn't mean that she means any harm to Kate, or that Kate will be disliked because she interacts with her stepmother-in-law.

Agreed :)
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

dianab

Quote from: cinrit on March 25, 2011, 01:10:25 PM
Quote from: sophiechloe on March 25, 2011, 01:04:29 PM
How William can stomach being near Camilla - is way beyond me.  She caused such misery to his Mother.  

Just my own opinion, but it seems that people who have nothing to do with the situation have a much harder time accepting it than those who are living it.

Cindy
Maybe  :shrug:- However - the misery that Camilla and Charles caused, ultimately led to Diana's death - If Camilla had kept away, they, Charles and Diana might have stood a fighting chance in their marriage - but obviously not - she was always there in the background - If I were William, I'd have nothing to do with her - full stop.  But I concede this is not a normal family and William probably does what he has to do with regard to Camilla !  : :)
Completely agree.
Have a lot persons loves rewrite the history, but the facts are well-known, as Camilla select Diana, as she made campaign via-The Sun against Diana, since early 1980s, on, on, on, on.
Aren't only common persons have this idea about Charles & Camilla.
Taki Theodoracopulos a man know the creme-de-la-crema of High Society, share the same ideas of common persons;
http://takimag.com/article/diana_deserves_better
-------
Anyone else here saw a autralian show about royals, with comments by James Whitaker, I think the chanel is named ITV, he said William & Harry dont bear Camilla, and since of new marriage of Charles, the sons dont spent holiday or anything with Charles. William choice spend all his free time with Kate's family and Harry in Africa/with Chelsy. He also said William and Harry talked about Camilla only what they are told talk.
James Whitaker said this things in show in day of announcement of engagement.
If anyone else here can more info??? I could send comments of australian poster I read in another royal forum

cinrit

Quote from: dianab on March 25, 2011, 09:37:02 PM
Anyone else here saw a autralian show about royals, with comments by James Whitaker, I think the chanel is named ITV, he said William & Harry dont bear Camilla, and since of new marriage of Charles, the sons dont spent holiday or anything with Charles. William choice spend all his free time with Kate's family and Harry in Africa/with Chelsy. He also said William and Harry talked about Camilla only what they are told talk.
James Whitaker said this things in show in day of announcement of engagement.
If anyone else here can more info??? I could send comments of australian poster I read in another royal forum

Comments of a poster in another forum doesn't prove anything except that that poster has an opinion.  Many forums also have a rule against re-posting anything a member of that forum writes. 

We talked about James Whitaker in another section a few months ago.  James Whitaker does not live with the Royal Family.  He doesn't know whether or not William and Harry speak to Camilla only when told to, or if they truly like Camilla like they said they do ... nor has Roger Whitaker taken into consideration that at the ages that William and Harry are, most young men don't hang out with their parents.  They hang out with their girlfriends and their girlfriends' families.  It's nothing new, it's not unusual.  (And of course, there were all those pictures of William and Harry on skiing vacations with Charles not too many years ago.)  I don't know much about James Whitaker, but I know he didn't show a lot of class by saying these things on the day William's and Kate's engagement was announced. 

Cindy

amabel

Cindy hes a  jouranlist,  he has to write something!  I would think better of Will and Harry if they were a bit cool iwth Camilla.  I dont expect them to hate her, but I've always felt uncomfortable with the way they wnet on over the wedding.  I think you're right in that tehy are probalby freindly enough with her but they are young men with their own lives to lead and aren't hanging out iwth Dad and step mum all the time.

cinrit

Quote from: amabel on March 25, 2011, 09:59:25 PM
Cindy hes a  jouranlist,  he has to write something!  I would think better of Will and Harry if they were a bit cool iwth Camilla.  I dont expect them to hate her, but I've always felt uncomfortable with the way they wnet on over the wedding.  I think you're right in that tehy are probalby freindly enough with her but they are young men with their own lives to lead and aren't hanging out iwth Dad and step mum all the time.

Right ... I know who he is now because we had that discussion about him a few months ago when I found that very long article about Diana written by him (which wasn't very flattering).  I still find it tacky that he would make such comments on William's and Kate's happy day.  He doesn't hang out with any of the Royals, so I take whatever he says with a grain of salt.  When I think of all the dysfunctional families in the world today, I'm glad that William and Harry aren't cool towards Camilla, and that they get along with her and maybe like her very much.  The children of broken marriages should not be drawn into the drama surrounding the parents, nor encouraged to take sides.  I can't imagine why anyone would want William and Harry to be unhappy.  I hope that both boys are able to put aside the quarrels, the infidelities, the betrayals of both parents and the step-parent, and be happy that their father is happy.  They say they are, and I believe them.

Cindy

sandy

The boys were grown men when their father and Camilla wed. It wasn't like she raised them or anything, they had their own lives. Nobody knows how the boysreally  feel about Camilla. I think they are cordial to her for the sake of their father and to keep peace within the family. But I think they realize the effect Camilla had on their mother--they may forgive but not forget the pain their mother went through.  As I said Camilla was advised or thought better than acting as a replacement fr their mother. I think she should keep this attitude up and not behave like a surrogate mother or present herself s "mentor" to Kate. Camilla is controversial and Kate should not be too closely associated with the woman s a sort of "disciple." Camilla is not paragon of royal duty since he has done the least royal duties of the immedite family and she got into the familiy by manipulation and hurting themother of the two boys. If Camilla gets too pushy and arrogant I think she will undo some of the gains she has made via her spin campaign. SHe did lose some points by saying she was going to the Diana memoril ad only backing out at the last minute due to public pressure.

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on March 25, 2011, 10:54:22 PM
Quote from: amabel on March 25, 2011, 09:59:25 PM
lead and aren't hanging out iwth Dad and step mum all the time.

Right ... I know who he is now because we had that discussion about him a few months ago when I found that very long article about Diana written by him (which wasn't very flattering).  I still find it tacky that he would make such comments on William's and Kate's happy day.  He doesn't hang out with any of the Royals, so I take whatever he says with a grain of salt.  When I think of all the dysfunctional families in the world today, I'm glad that William and Harry aren't cool towards Camilla,

Cindy

well- I think that he is in the main pretty sympathetic to Diana.. which is why he's probalby inclined to statet that W and Harry aren't all that close to Cam. IIRC you showed me that artcile, but I dont see it as not sympathtetic to her.  I  think it was just honest.  He was fond of her, I think, many of the "old school" reporters who followed her from her earliest days were bascically fond of her, even if they soemtimes thoguht she did somthing wrong... (and anyway no reporter is gong to always write nice things about soemone, it woudl get boring).
I think he  is reasonably well up on the RF's goings on... so his POV is at least likely ot have some truth in it.
I jsut feel that while I dont see Camilla as the most evil woman in the world, she did however hurt Diana.  So did Charles.  I think that the break up of thte marrige was probalby inevitable and of ocuse people are oging to get hurt, esp the children.  ANd I know that the boys have had to come to terms iwth Charles' remarriage - just as they might have had to come to terms with Diana's remarriage at some point.  But I have just alway felt that they didn't say very much when many of Di's staff were writing their nasty books about her, and while I appreciate that they weren't going to say anything to indicate that they weren't happy wiht the remarriage ot Camilla, they rather took it too far with the "I love her to bits" comments. IMO
I dont know what the exact truth is and I dont think that they dislike her... You're probalby right in that they have it seems "not taken sides".  I just feel that there's a happy medium between being downirhgt cool and saying "love her to bits".  of course time has passed and bitterness shoudl be put aside.

Mike

Quote from: Princess Pea on March 26, 2011, 03:41:12 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/talbot-church-jealousy-stalks-kate-barbie-middleton-2249933.html
Not sue if you have this moderators but posting hereas think it's relevant to Camilla
From the article:
QuoteMore surprisingly to many, the Duchess of Cornwall has also had difficulty with the new-found celebrity of Kate Middleton. Feet-on-the-ground Camilla may be less highly-strung than her predecessor, but she has always hoped to be the royal whose straightforward manner connected to the people.
Move over Camilla.  An honorable lady is coming onto the stage.

From the article:
QuoteRoyal insiders recall that it was an astrologer who caused problems in Charles's own first marriage when he told Princess Diana that her marriage would last a lifetime.
That's right.  Blame an astrologer.  What else was a young bride in love to believe?
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

amabel

I have no idea why you think Kate is "honourable" per se.  I dont know anyting particularly bad of her, but I dont know anything particularly good of her either.  The most notable thing about her seems to be that she's waited years for William and seen off any competititon.  and other than that seh's about as bland as she can be.  And I dont see that either seh or Will has any qualities that will outshine his father and setp mother since tehy DONT AFAICS appeal greatly to people their own age (they are more interested in pop stars and TV celebs than in the RF).

Princess Pea

Camilla probably comes out tops for sheer determination of waiting and seeing orf the competition just like Kate
Camilla is not boring or bland like Kate in personality
I reckon you could have a a good laugh with old Cam at a party, what you get is what you see. Not sure about Kate she is coming across as twee.

sandy

I'd rather have Kate than Camilla arund As bland as she may be Kate never was a homewrecker. she and WIlls come in with a clean slate which is a good thing for the monarchy.

Camilla did a whole lot more than wait she undermined Diana doing her all to see she would hang in there with the Prince no matter what. I think she is self centered to the nth degree and didn't care what she did t end up where she is today. I find nothing at all admirable about Camillla.

Yep Camilla is a barrel of laughs. I doubt Diana thought so.

Ben

Camilla, what are you? We don't care what you have to say. Kate is nothing like that.

Dundee Me

What Talbot Church wrote was definitely tongue-in-cheek.  ;)

Princess Pea

I was a big Diana fan make no mistake and it takes two to tango.