Will Prince George ever become King George?

Started by Limabeany, October 24, 2013, 07:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

Quote from: Mike on November 05, 2013, 03:34:32 PM
Quote from: Queen Camilla on November 05, 2013, 03:14:35 AMThat way Diana will never be "king's mother".
That issue is so important to you?  JEEZ!    :huh:

Getting back on topic, as for George, as he matures I can't help but wonder what advice he will get from his uncle Harry.
Well Mike I don't really know what advice you think that harry is going to give him.  Why would he give him any advice?  What sort  of advice is a guy like Harry likely to give anyone?
But in regard ot the other points yes I agree that remark about the DNA is unusual and I cannot understand such Strong feelings esp when they are so negative.
  But then I can't understand the posters who have made remarks about the "ugly Shand genes" and how they are glad that Cam's offspring wont be on the throne.

Double post auto-merged: November 05, 2013, 05:36:01 PM

Oh Cindy do you mean the photos taken by Mr Middleton which people attacked here IIRC for being bad photos?

cinrit

^^ Amabel, yes.  They weren't professional, but in my opinion, that made them even more special, because they were taken with love. 

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sandy

Quote from: Macrobug on November 05, 2013, 04:46:16 PM
Don't agree with that in this day and age.  Back when the very lives of the public depended on the health of the monarch, that was true.  Today - if the child had health issues making him unsuitable for being in the line of succession then he would be removed. 

It is just the public wanting to see the child and the media knowing that and how much money they make.  There is no other reason for the kid to be photographed. 

Not always. There were issues with Prince Eddy (the extent of which will never be known IMO) back then and no attempts were made to remove him from succession line.

Generally though the public likes to see the royals, especially the senior ones, and not have them hidden away. Victoria was unpopular when she retreated from view for a time.

Limabeany

Quote from: amabel on November 05, 2013, 05:34:10 PM
What sort  of advice is a guy like Harry likely to give anyone?
People who have been through pain and made mistakes and consider work a valuable endeavor have more life experience from where to draw to give advice than a mother who thinks work is something the people who pay for her lifestyle do and whose most painful experience in life seems to be doubting his father would propose and a father who hasn't shown he thinks there is dignity in earning what you are given but that he was born entitled to what he is given... 

Double post auto-merged: November 05, 2013, 06:17:03 PM

Quote from: cinrit on November 05, 2013, 06:01:59 PM
^^ Amabel, yes.  They weren't professional, but in my opinion, that made them even more special, because they were taken with love. 

Cindy
They were not taken for their family album. That was a historical photo.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

SophieChloe

^ well said. 

They were awful photos.  Sure, they were taken with Love but more so the Middleton's marking their territory, too - IMO. 

Amabel : people are not "attacking" but giving their opinions.  It is not a prerequisite to agree with everything they do.  The photos deserved to be criticised - IMO. 

This is not a Royal Fan Site  :hug:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Eri

The tax payers paying for where they live is GENEROUS...

cinrit

Quote from: Limabeany on November 05, 2013, 06:16:21 PM
Quote from: cinrit on November 05, 2013, 06:01:59 PM

Cindy
They were not taken for their family album. That was a historical photo. 

They were taken with love, and that was my point.  Just my opinion, I think any photograph taken with love is special.  Historical or not.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

I think if you know a photo will have historical significance and will be the only one released of a figure such as the future King, you should be considerate enough to take good ones, either yourself or by someone who knows about it, cute is for your own family album, for this photo it was not enough but it is the only thing they made available.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Mike

Quote from: amabel on November 05, 2013, 05:34:10 PMWell Mike I don't really know what advice you think that harry is going to give him.  Why would he give him any advice?  What sort  of advice is a guy like Harry likely to give anyone?
I'm just curious when George is old enough to understand his position, what Harry might tell him.  Harry lives his life much outside the Windsor correctness and is a more free spirit.  Would he impart these attitudes into his nephew or allow him to be completely swallowed up by "The Firm?"  I don't know.  Just thinking out loud.
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

amabel

I see no sign that Harry's any different to any other Windsor, except that he is still playing the "rakish boy" at nearly 30 getting drunk and messing around in the nude with strangers.. is that very sensible or admirable behaviour?
I should not think that he cares tuppence about giving advice to anyone, he strikes me as a good natured but essentially selfish young man who still has not grown up. Were you thinking on the lines of "Don't get caught with girls in the nude if they have Mobile phones that can take pictures George"???

Double post auto-merged: November 05, 2013, 08:52:37 PM

Quote from: Macrobug on November 05, 2013, 04:30:23 PM
Remember the photo ops of Will and Harry as babies and toddlers.  As cute as it was, it is just parading out/exploitation of children just to keep the media at bay as they bleat about the "public's right to know".
Of course there are going to be pictures of them as children.  They are the children of public figures, and they Will in the course of time become public figures themselves.  The RF try to keep their children away from the press as much as possible, during their school years, but there are going to be photo calls, every now and then.  Its not going to harm anyone

georgiana996

Amabel  when you say man like harry what do you mean exactly ? :eyes:

Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

amabel

I  mean a good natured but thoughtless and selfish young man, who is still very immature.

georgiana996

Idk why would a Apache helicopter pilot who serves his country be thoughtless or selfish  :censored2:  even his work with prince sessio for AIDs (sentabale)  :shrug:
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Eri

Quote from: amabel on November 06, 2013, 08:57:59 AM
I  mean a good natured but thoughtless and selfish young man, who is still very immature.
:eyes:  ...

Limabeany

Quote from: amabel on November 06, 2013, 08:57:59 AM
That would be a fitting description of his father...

Queen Camilla

I'm afraid my original post was misread/misinterpreted.  I was answering the question.

If George nor William become King then Charles would be the last monarch.  I was referencing what Diana said during the Panorama interview.

If William does not become King then Diana will never be "King's mother".  That is what DNA was about.

amabel

She can hardly become "Kings Mother" after her death. And I don't see what the problem is, or why you would wish for the monarchy to end, just because you have a dislike of Diana. In any case,it is moot, since the likelihood is that Charles will become King, then William and then George.  I don't see the monarchy ending..

PrincessOfPeace

We can't predict the future but a recent poll shows a large majority of people think Prince George will in fact be King one day:

Confidence in British monarchy at all-time high, poll shows - Telegraph

God Save the Queen, future kings and Prince George! Poll reveals confidence in the monarchy is at an all-time high | Mail Online

Britain will be constitutional monarchy as long as the people want it, and all indicators show the people want it, and the monarchy is here to stay.

Limabeany

The same thing was said about many things that are no longer...  :teehee:

sobriquet

I seriously doubt William would ever abdicate. He may not want the job, but they have presumably been preparing him for it his whole life. Abdicating would also be (IMO) incredibly disrespectful of his father and especially his grandmother and I don't think he would do that.

I think the monarchy will be around for a very long time yet. The royals may not all be well-liked by the public, but you can't deny what an important institution the monarchy is for that country.

Limabeany

I agree it won't be soon, it will take a few decades but if George gets to be King, he will be the last. I really don't see people holding on to the Monarchy for the romance of it all into the next century or even in 50 years.

LouisFerdinand

I believe Prince George will be King George.     
There is nothing wrong with Prince Charles using his own name and thus being King Charles III instead of King George VII.       
Prince William would be King William V because there were four previous monarchs named William.     
George would thus be King George VII.

TLLK

It would be interesting to find out if those in the discussion who were unsure of George's chance of becoming King, still felt the same way now that eight years have passed? The original article that was linked, has long disappeared so I don't know what the author had to say about why he/she/they believed that George might not be king.

Curryong

There are many republicans in 2022 Britain in all sorts of careers, including journalism. I don?t believe that most would have changed their minds in eight years. At least one of the themes underpinning republicanism is that the tide of history is against monarchies. Look at the countries that rid themselves of the monarchical trappings, have any returned to the fold. With the exception of Spain? No?

Britain is so changed from the country it was in 1953 as to be almost unrecognisable. In another fifty years it will be changed again. George may well have to wait until he is nearly sixty before he succeeds to the throne and no one can predict the future.

TLLK

Agreed @Curryong. Considering the family's history of long life expediencies or unless the future monarchs choose to adopt the abdication as retirement  policy, then it might be a long time before George ascends to the throne.