Royal Historical Facts Potpurri Chat Part 2

Started by PrincessKLS, October 28, 2007, 04:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

PrincessKLS

So I looked her up some at www.wikipedia.org after seeing repeats of the History Channel's Vampire Secrets, I'm watching it right now. And I'm interested in her story. She was a serial killer and killed tons of young women when she started to feel old at 30. I know she was engaged at age eleven and married at fifteen. :snob: but is there more to the storry? :halloween4: :halloween5:

BTW: we need vampire emoticons.

PrincessKLS

Wombat

isn't bathory.org the website that person talking about Camila Medici put at the end of their post? :shrug:

here's a post with the quote in it..

angeleyed

funny i saw the same thing that sparked my surprise...
to be trusted ...  ...a greater compliment
than to be loved
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M

LouisFerdinand

Princess Ulrika Eleonora was a sister of King Charles XII of Sweden.   
She had an older sister Hedvig Sofia. Hedvig Sofia died in 1708. Ulrika became the heiress to the Swedish throne.     
In 1715 she married Frederick of Hesse-Kassel.   
In 1718 Ulrika Eleonora became Queen Regnant of Sweden.     
In 1720 she abdicated the throne. Her husband became King Frederick I.

LouisFerdinand

During her 1715 wedding to Frederick of Hesse-Kassel, Ulrika Eleonora's brother King Charles XII declared that his sister was dancing away the crown.  :windsor1:

snokitty

Maria Christina of the Two Sicilies, Queen of Spain | Unofficial Royalty

QuoteThe fourth wife of King Ferdinand VII of Spain and the wife who finally gave him an heir, Maria Christina of the Two Sicilies (Italian: Maria Cristina Ferdinanda) was born in Palermo, Sicily on April 27, 1806. She was the second of the twelve children of King Francis I of the Two Sicilies and his second wife Infanta María Isabella of Spain, sister of King Ferdinand VII of Spain.

Maria Christina had two half siblings from her father's first marriage to Maria Clementina of Austria:
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

LouisFerdinand

Originally titled Her Royal Highness, Princess Maria Christina of Naples and Sicily, on December 18, 1816 her title was changed to Princess of Bourbon-Two Sicilies when her father changed the name of his kingdom.

Jennifer

"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: Jennifer on November 23, 2015, 02:22:33 PM
Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands
Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands - YouTube

It was wonderful to see actual footage of Queen Wilhelmina accepting flowers from the people as she went on her walkabout.

Jennifer

I also like that film of Queen Wilhelmina accepting the flowers from the people too. It's sad that she had to flee the Netherlands when Nazi Germany invaded the country in 1940. She went on to live in the U.K and was in charge of the Dutch government in exile. She had broadcasted messages to the Dutch people about plans to save the Netherlands from the Nazis. She had to remove Prime Minister Dirk Jan de Geer from office because he had plans to make negotiations with the Nazis. Later on, she returned to the Netherlands to change the political system and help the resistance supporters (the people who were against the Nazis and their plans to invade The Netherlands) have a safer country.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

LouisFerdinand

James I reigned as King of Scotland from 1406 to 1437. He wrote The Kingis Quair [The King's Book] which was poetry that told of his captivity and his romance with Joan Beaufort.

Jennifer

QuoteWar Archives Wilhelmina public

The Netherlands starts next Tuesday read what Queen Wilhelmina did during World War II, and was decided. The archives of the Office of the King during the war will be made public. The National Archives has it announced Monday.

The Archive has already published two pages of Wilhelmina. It is a letter to Willem Schermerhorn, the first postwar prime minister and Social Democrat leader Willem Drees.

Read more translated:
https://translate.google.nl/translate?hl=nl&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eo.nl%2Fblauwbloed%2Fartikel-detail%2Foorlogsarchieven-wilhelmina-openbaar%2F

LouisFerdinand

According to The New York Times, Wilhelmina was reportedly engaged to Prince Louis Napoleon, Victor Emmanuel, the Crown Prince of Italy, and King Alexander of Serbia.

Jennifer

QuoteWar Letters of Wilhelmina public

All letters and notes written by Queen Wilhelmina during WWII, are public Tuesday. So they are no longer secret. The letters to the queen are shown in. The National Archives in The Hague gives the pieces free. The list also includes documents referred to the Secret Archives.

Wilhelmina spent most of the war in London. She reigned in exile, after Nazi Germany had conquered Netherlands. But also letters and other pieces immediately after the liberation become public. Wilhelmina and her ministers were then returned to the Netherlands.

Read more translated:
https://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eo.nl%2Fblauwbloed%2Fartikel-detail%2Foorlogsbrieven-van-wilhelmina-openbaar%2F&edit-text=

LouisFerdinand

"Comfort and joy (Comfort et liesse)" was the motto of King Edward IV of England.     

"Loyalty binds me (Loyautte me lie)" was the motto of King Richard III of England.         

"None other" was the motto of Edmund, the first Duke of York. Edmund of Langley (1341-1402) was the son of King Edward III of England.

LouisFerdinand

"I Gud mitt öde - Han skall göra det (In God my destiny - He shall do it)" was the motto of King Karl X Gustaf of Sweden who reigned 1654 to 1660.     

"Intet uden Gud (Nothing without God)" was the motto of King Frederick II of Denmark who reigned 1559 to 1588.

LouisFerdinand

King Afonso IV of Portugal (1291-1357) was called the Brave.   
King Ferdinand VII of Spain (1784-1833) was called the Desired.   
King Haakon I of Norway (c. 920-961) was called the Good.     
:royalsneeze: :windsor1: :royalsneeze: :windsor1: :hemademe: :hemademe: :hemademe: :crown: :crown:

LouisFerdinand

King Kenneth III of Scotland (before 967-1005) was called the Chief.   
King Matthias I of Hungary (1443-1490) was called the Just.   
King Philip I of Spain (1478-1506) was called the Handsome.

LouisFerdinand

Count Fulk V of Anjou (c. 1089/92-1143) was called Yellow.   
Frederick II, Duke of Austria (1211-1246) was called the Warlike.   
Casimir I of Poland (1016-1058) was called the Restorer.

LouisFerdinand

King Henry I of Portugal (1512-1580) was called the Chaste.   
Selim I of the Ottoman Empire (1465-1520) was called the Grim.   
Isabel of Brazil (1846-1921) was the Princess Imperial of Brazil. She was called the Redemptress.

LouisFerdinand

King Edward I of England (1239-1307) was called the Hammer of the Scots.   
King Ladislaus of Naples (1377-1414) was called the Magnanimous.   
William V, Duke of Bavaria (1548-1626) was called the Pious.

LouisFerdinand

King Magnus III of Sweden (1240-1290) was called the Barn-Lock.   
Edward, The Prince of Wales (1330-1376) was called the Black Prince.   
King Peter I of Portugal (1320-1367) was called the Cruel.

LouisFerdinand

King Charles IV of Spain (1748-1819) was called the Affable.       
Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II (1741-1790) was called the Emperor-Sacristan.   
Albert II, Duke of Mecklenburg (1318-1379) was called the Lion.

LouisFerdinand

King William IV of Great Britain (1765-1837) was known as the Sailor King.       
King Louis V of France (966/67-987) was called Louis the Do-Nothing.