The Crown Princely Family Current Events and Discussion

Started by sara8150, September 04, 2017, 12:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

November 12: Kei Komuro met with his mother's ex-fiance in the evening at a law firm. Both men had legal representation; a settlement agreement was signed for the financial dispute. Both sides "mutually confirmed that the problem was finally resolved."

https://twitter.com/ImperialJPNfan/status/1459355337178365956?s=20

November 14: Mako and Kei Komuro departed Japan for New York. About 60 reporters and neighbors watched them leave the temporary condo after 8am. Some 100 reporters gathered at Haneda Airport. The couple passed the security checkpoint before 10am.

https://twitter.com/ImperialJPNfan/status/1459750535263707139?s=20

Former princess Mako, husband leave Japan to start new life in U.S.

Blue Clover

I am cheering this young couple on in their new marriage. I hope they find much happiness in New York City. It seems like in every royal family, a member must choose between the crown and their heart.

Nightowl

I also wish the very best for this couple as they did not deserve the drama nor the issue of money by Kei's mother's ex-boyfriend who started all this just trying to get money from them.  Some royals leave the royal family for the life of  being a celebrity and the money and fame that goes with it......as they have no sense of duty nor honor to their country.

I hope Mako and Kei find all the love and happiness in their new home for this will be a wonderful adventure for them.

Blue Clover

Quote from: Nightowl on November 16, 2021, 01:07:40 PM
I also wish the very best for this couple as they did not deserve the drama nor the issue of money by Kei's mother's ex-boyfriend who started all this just trying to get money from them.  Some royals leave the royal family for the life of  being a celebrity and the money and fame that goes with it......as they have no sense of duty nor honor to their country.

I hope Mako and Kei find all the love and happiness in their new home for this will be a wonderful adventure for them.

I have a co-worker from Japan and she said that Princess Mako may never be able to return to Japan after this. The Japanese people feel so betrayed.  I hope they get over it!

Nightowl

Some people in Japan need to get over themselves as this is a woman born into family and she had no choice of that family when born.  She is not their servant nor maid to anyone and it is HER life that she must live and do the best she can.  The people can not control the individual lives of any member of any royal family, they are also private people.

Betrayed about what?  How did she betray the country/people? She fell in love and married the man she loves as all the very people of Japan do......so ask your friend who and how did she betray the country? She is not a member of any group or the military with secrets ......some have very narrow minded views on how members of royal families live.

Blue Clover

I won't be arguing with my coworker about her views, her perspective is her own. I wish Mako and Kei happiness in their new home and marriage.

PrincessOfPeace

Crown Prince Akishino's 56th birthday press conference was held at Akasaka East residence on November 25. Most of the questions submitted by the IHA press association were about Mako and her marriage.

?????????????????3?? - ???

PrincessOfPeace

February 4: Crown Princess Kiko attended the online 67th National Youth Book Report Contest Award Ceremony from the Akishino residence. She also sent a video message, recorded on January 28.

https://twitter.com/ImperialJPNfan/status/1489878965380546560?s=20&t=jWX82mlG1V0hJraNex1JHQ

TLLK

Prince Hisahito of Japan accused of plagiarism in award-winning essay ? Royal Central

QuotePrince Hisahito of Japan has been accused of plagiarism in an essay that had made headlines because of the award it brought to its author.

On 15 February, the Imperial Household was approached by The Asahi Shimbun, a magazine devoted to Asian and Japanese topics, concerning the fact that certain parts of the essay ? very closely resembled a source that was not mentioned,? according to the filing.

The Japanese Imperial Household responded the following day with a press release saying that ?the description of [the Prince?s] reference list was inadequate? and that Hisahito would review said list to check if more sources needed to be added, aside from the one pointed out by the magazine.

The essay in question was about the Ogasawara Islands and was based on memories of a trip the Prince took to the place with his mother, Princess Kiko when he was a child.

The essay even brought him a prize, which he received in a virtual ceremony in March 2021. The school he attended at the time, Ochanomizu University Junior High School, took part in the Kita-Kyushu?s 12th Children?s Nonfiction Literature Award.

The Prince?s essay took second place and was selected for the honour among 97 other writings. Kita-Kyushu is a city in the Fukuoka Prefecture of Japan, and every year is responsible for awarding the prizes.

TLLK

Second time?s the charm? Husband of Japan?s former princess retakes crucial exam ? Royal Central

QuoteKei Komuro, the husband of former Princess Mako of Japan, was spotted in New York City outside of the location of the New York State bar exam.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, Mr Komuro sat down for his second attempt at the exam, which would give him the licence to operate as a lawyer in the State of New York in the US.

Mr Komuro looked almost unrecognisable, sporting a green puffer jacket over a casual denim shirt, faded navy trousers, colourful VANS trainers and, most surprisingly, long hair tied up in a messy ponytail.

As noted above, this is the second time Mr Komuro has attempted to get his licence, having failed his previous attempt in July of 2021.

The exam is only offered to candidates twice a year, in February and July. Moreover, the results take two to four months to process, meaning that Mr Komuro could be facing a very long wait before he knows whether his attempt was successful.

The exam was administered to candidates in July for his previous attempt, and results were made public in November. That is when Royal watchers managed to get the information that he had failed the exam, his name not being in the list of successful candidates.

TLLK

TLLK

TLLK

Prince Hisahito attends high school entrance ceremony ? Royal Central

Quoterince Hisahito of Japan has attended the entrance ceremony for his high school in the presence of his parents.

The 15-year-old Prince was one of the many students at the ceremony, which took place on Saturday, 9 April, in the school?s gymnasium.

Parents of the students were allowed to be present for the event, which meant that Crown Prince Fumihito and Crown Princess Kiko sat amongst the other proud parents.

Unlike most institutions, University of Tsukuba?s Senior High School does not have a uniform, so the young Prince work a classic navy suit with a striped tie.

The school is located in Tsukuba-shi, in the Ibaraki prefecture, roughly 80 kilometres north-east of Tokyo and will be the Prince?s education institution for the next three years.

Following the ceremony, Prince Hisahito briefly spoke with reporters, thanking them for their congratulations and saying that during this time he would like to ?concentrate on my studies and further deepen my understanding of things that I?m interested in.?

Through the Imperial Household Agency, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess also released a statement, expressing hope that their son ?will lead a fulfilling high school life.?

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Japan attend war memorial service ? Royal Central

QuoteCrown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko of Japan have attended the war memorial service for those who fought in World War II.

The ceremony took place in the Chidorigafuchi National Cemetery in Tokyo and was held for the first time in three years due to the global health crisis. While most royals in Europe have stopped wearing masks as the pandemic has slowly subsided, Japan is still facing high numbers of infections. As such, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess and all those in attendance wore masks, following health guidelines in Japan.

PrincessOfPeace

Crown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko attended a ceremony marking the 60th anniversary of the administrative counselors' system in Japan today:

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/japanese-crown-prince-fumihito-and-crown-princess-kiko-attend-a-in-picture-id1241623935?s=2048x2048

TLLK

Princess Kako attends greenery festival in Hokkaido ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Kako of Japan, the second daughter of Crown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko, has attended the National Urban Greenery Festival.

It was the first time she had visited a city outside the Tokyo metropolitan area in three years. Princess Kako gave a short speech in which she spoke about the efforts made by the children to create the flower beds at the festival.

?I hope that many people, including those from younger generations, will further proceed to create towns of flowers, which brings happiness,? Princess Kako said.

After the ceremony, Princess Kako participated in the commemorative planting of a sapling of ezoyamazakura (Sargent?s cherry) at a nearby park.

Princess Kako has an older sister, former Princess Mako, and a younger brother, Prince Hisahito.

TLLK

Princess Kako visits Girl Scout camp ? Royal Central

QuoteJapan?s Princess Kako of Akishino is the latest royal to join the ranks of Scout enthusiasts as she has recently visited the Girls? Scout camp in Nagano.

The Princess?s visit was to mark the 100th anniversary of the Japanese Scout movement?s girls? division which was celebrated at the Girl Scouts? national centre in the Japanese city of Nagano. The centre is a campground that is located in Myoko-Togakushi renzan National Park.

Princess Kako, 27, is a Scout and therefore wore the classic blue ribbon that is common for Japanese female scouts. At the centre, Princess Kako was met by around 90 girls who happily showed the Princess what they were up to. Among other things, there was a focus on gender equality during this year?s anniversary celebration. In total, 90 girls were divided into 20 groups, and Princess Kako took her time to talk to everyone who wanted to speak to her.

The Princess spent a lot of time at the camp, and in the evening, Her Imperial Highness participated in a traditional bonfire. Her visit ended with everyone singing the classic Japanese scout song ?Moeroyo, Moero.?

The Scout Association of Japan was set up with boys only in 1922. In 1971, girls were allowed to join the movement. Scouting activity decreased radically during World War II but slowly recovered. Today, it has more than 99,000 members.

The Princess is just one of many royals across the globe who are involved in the Scouts. Others who have taken part in Scouting include Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and the Duchess of Cambridge.

TLLK

The third time was the charm for Kei Komuro as he's now passed the New York bar exam!

Kei Komuro, husband of former Princess Mako, passes New York bar exam | The Japan Times

QuoteKei Komuro, the husband of the former Princess Mako, has passed New York?s state bar exam on his third try, a result that is sure to bring relief to a couple dogged by intense criticism and scrutiny from the Japanese public.

Komuro?s name was on a list posted online of people who had passed the exam. He took the test in July.

?This time, I passed. I am now a member of the lawyers? community. I really owe this to you, and I will study harder as a lawyer,? Komuro, who now works as a law clerk in New York, was quoted by NHK as telling his former boss. ?I?m really happy. Thank you very much.?

:happy20:

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on October 24, 2022, 02:07:21 PM
The third time was the charm for Kei Komuro as he's now passed the New York bar exam!

Kei Komuro, husband of former Princess Mako, passes New York bar exam | The Japan Times

:happy20:

Congratulations to Kei Komuro at passing his NY bar exam. He?s now fully fledged and can fly the skies! Didn?t JFK?s son John fail his bar exams several times as well? I don?t think he ever practiced as a lawyer though.

TLLK

Crown Prince of Japan thinks Imperial Household should communicate better with public ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Japanese Crown Prince has made strong statements regarding the Imperial Household and their communication with the public. 

Crown Prince Fumihito made comments this past week at a press conference to mark his 57th birthday that the Imperial Household must become more open and transparent with the public. He explained that it is critical that the Imperial Family is able to share ?accurate information in a timely manner? and to keep the public informed. 

In a 2021 press conference, the Crown Prince had argued that the Imperial Household needed to be able to better refute false claims in the media and that official statements released did not seem to help but this year acknowledged that it could prove incredibly challenging. 

He also suggested this past week that although it is unlikely he would do so, it could be easier to have members of the Imperial Family share information themselves on social media. 

The Imperial Household Agency does not often release information, and when it does, it only relates strictly to state matters. Members of the Japanese media will often hunt for information, as little is forthcoming. 

The Imperial Family has long struggled with the media in the last decades. Fumihito?s elder daughter, formerly known as Princess Mako, had several issues with the press She is now married to Kei Komuro, a paralegal, and the media hounded Komuro and his family for years. The couple moved to New York, where Komuro will be working as a lawyer; the couple is now able to enjoy far more privacy. 

TLLK

Crown Prince Akishino, Crown Princess Kiko and Prince Hisahito visited the Migration Museum in Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, for its 20th anniversary today, January 10:

https://www.profimedia.cz/editorial?blob=sp.Crown%20Prince%20family%20visit%20Migration%20Museum%20in%20Yokohama%20jan%2010%2C%202023&mp_sed=748683607