Charles & Camilla during COVID pandemic news

Started by PrincessOfPeace, March 25, 2020, 10:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Jenee

NY Times

QuoteRIGHT NOWPrince Charles, the heir to the British throne, has tested positive for the coronavirus, Buckingham Palace said in a statement.

They are self isolating in Scotland.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

PrincessOfPeace

Her Majesty The Queen remains in good health. The Queen last saw The Prince of Wales briefly after the investiture on the morning of 12th March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare. We will not be commenting further.

- Buckingham Palace

QueenAlex

Poor Charles. He does work so hard and he meets a lot of people.. so I suppose it might happen. 

sandy

He will recover. Camilla has to worry because she has health issues but her test  came out negative. She can do webinars to interact with her children and grandchildren.

sandy

He leads a healthy life style, he will make it.

Curryong

Only mild symptoms. I'm sure the fresh air around Birkhall is doing Charles good anyway.
Hasn't seen his mother since the 12th of March. What a close family! I doubt Prince Philip likes being cooped up at Windsor after the freedom at Wood Farm Sandringham with visits from Penny Romsey!

QueenAlex

Quote from: Curryong on March 25, 2020, 01:06:00 PM
Only mild symptoms. I'm sure the fresh air around Birkhall is doing Charles good anyway.
Hasn't seen his mother since the 12th of March. What a close family! I doubt Prince Philip likes being cooped up at Windsor after the freedom at Wood Farm Sandringham with visits from Penny Romsey!

Since there has been increased empahsis on self isolation since the middle of March I'd be surprised if he HAD seen his mother.

Curryong

Quote from: QueenAlex on March 25, 2020, 01:07:06 PM
Since there has been increased empahsis on self isolation since the middle of March I'd be surprised if he HAD seen his mother.

I am not surprised by any supposed relationships within the BRF. However, I happen to have seen all my children and grandchildren in the past three weeks. And remain in splendid health in spite of my age, as well.

wannable

By the 27th March, 2 days from today we will know if the Queen got infected, she and Charles were together the 12th..  Follow the chain, last time you met with, count 14 days, test.  Testing before 14 days, at the vulnerable age of the plus 70 will not work. 

Or its that or when feeling the symptoms, kits are priority to the vulnerable age/elderly.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Curryong on March 25, 2020, 01:13:46 PM
I am not surprised by any supposed relationships within the BRF. However, I happen to have seen all my children and grandchildren in the past three weeks. And remain in splendid health in spite of my age, as well.
Im sure if chalres had been to see his Mother there would be people saying he should self isolate as he is over 70 and she is a very old lady. Im sure they have been in touch by phone and Skype.

Blue Clover

Self-isolating at Balmoral Castle in Scotland with the Duchess of Cornwall. Wishing him well in his recovery. It is reported that the symptoms are currently mild.

sandy

She probably can't stay in close proximity because she has been a smoker and perhaps not in the best of health and it would be risky for her to catch the virus.. I doubt they are in close proximity. She is probably in another part of the home well away from him.

Curryong

Quote from: Blue Clover on March 25, 2020, 01:29:52 PM
Self-isolating at Balmoral Castle in Scotland with the Duchess of Cornwall. Wishing him well in his recovery. It is reported that the symptoms are currently mild.

He was in contact with Prince Albert of Monaco on March 10th and Albert has tested positive. Charles was around all his family including his mother, sons and daughters in law on Commonwealth Day as well.

sara8150

Prince Charles is in an 'excellent position' to fight the coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Could other royals now have coronavirus as well as Prince Charles? | Daily Mail Online

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus - live updates | HELLO!

COVID-19: How the Duchess of Cornwall avoided coronavirus after Prince Charles tested positive | HELLO!

Coronavirus: The Queen, 93, not tested following Prince Charles' diagnosis | HELLO!

Coronavirus: How Prince Harry and Prince William learned Prince Charles was positive | HELLO!

Inside Prince Charles and Camilla's Scottish home where they are self-isolating due to coronavirus | HELLO!

My mom advise me not near people who have coronavirus (CONVID-19) because she is nurse she know everything must require about 5-6 feet away who have coronavirus (CONVID-19)

Double post auto-merged: March 25, 2020, 02:20:49 PM

Prince Charles Has Coronavirus | PEOPLE.com

Everything Prince Charles and Camilla Said About Coronavirus | PEOPLE.com

When Prince Charles Last Saw Queen Before Coronavirus Diagnosis | PEOPLE.com

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus, 'remains in good health' | GMA

https://www.today.com/news/prince-charles-tests-positive-coronavirus-t176739

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus - CBS News

Double post auto-merged: March 25, 2020, 02:28:38 PM

Coronavirus: Prince Charles tests positive but 'remains in good health' - BBC News

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus: These are his most recent engagements

Coronavirus: Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19 | UK News | Sky News

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus | UK news | The Guardian

Prince Charles caught coronavirus event after 'Namaste' greeting | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen news: Queen coronavirus alert as Prince Charles infected - Queen health latest | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus ? self isolating with Camilla in Scotland | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Charles issues plea to fans during coronavirus crisis on behalf of the Royal Family | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Charles was contagious TWO weeks ago at same time he visited Queen Elizabeth II | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1260021/Prince-Charles-coronavirus-positive-Sky-News-Adam-Boulton-Prince-of-Wales-Camilla-latest

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1260137/prince-charles-coronavirus-royal-news-queen-elizabeth-ii-prince-philip-health-covid-19

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-25/prince-charles-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

TLLK

Coronavirus: How Prince Harry and Prince William learned Prince Charles was positive | HELLO!

QuoteIt has been revealed that Prince William and Prince Harry found out about their father Prince Charles' coronavirus diagnosis over the phone, following his positive test result on Tuesday.

In a statement released on Wednesday, Clarence House confirmed the Prince of Wales' positive diagnosis, saying: "The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual."

Hoping for a full and speedy recovery for Prince Charles.

Trudie

I hope and pray Charles recovers quickly but I pray especially for the Queen and Prince Philip that Charles didn't spread it unknowingly.

TLLK

@Trudie-You've stated exactly how I feel about this news.

Princess Cassandra

It certainly would be close if they figure the earliest he could have "given" the Queen was only a day after his meeting with Prince Albert of Monaco. But if he did I think they would have contracted the illness by now.

sara8150

Princess Cassandra

I understand why folks are asking why the POW was tested over those in the NHS. I'm sure they are testing the NHS workers also, but I do understand why it was important to test the POW. He came in contact with so many just before the concerns about the virus became serious enough to cancel engagements. Those with whom he had contact are many and need to know they were exposed. It could have been a lot worse but there were enough engagements that several were put at risk. I also don't think Camilla is out of the woods. Even though she is isolating away from her husband it is possible that she might pick it up. She is not what I would call frail by any means, but as a former smoker and one who catches colds easily I would say she has a higher risk that most.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on March 26, 2020, 03:57:36 PM
I understand why folks are asking why the POW was tested over those in the NHS. I'm sure they are testing the NHS workers also, but I do understand why it was important to test the POW. He came in contact with so many just before the concerns about the virus became serious enough to cancel engagements. Those with whom he had contact are many and need to know they were exposed. It could have been a lot worse but there were enough engagements that several were put at risk. I also don't think Camilla is out of the woods. Even though she is isolating away from her husband it is possible that she might pick it up. She is not what I would call frail by any means, but as a former smoker and one who catches colds easily I would say she has a higher risk that most.

He was in contact with Albert of Monaco, who has got it... so I think ti was sensible to test  him..but no they're not exactly rushing to test the NHS workers.   They haven't doen enough testing at all IMO.