A sparkling treat

Started by TLLK, January 06, 2017, 02:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: A Few of Diana's Sapphires

From the site dedicated to royal fashion from the past and present. Very pleased to see that the photos the famous sapphire broach was converted from its original state to the "mother of all chokers."

Curryong

I wonder whether chokers will ever come back for young women?  Of course Camilla has been known to wear one or two, they're no doubt very flattering when you are in your sixties. Helps hide er imperfections around the neck area! 

That hen's egg of a sapphire was certainly magnificent and it was magical as the centrepiece of Diana's choker, a piece of jewellery Diana was very much identified with. She didn't wear many brooches that I can remember so that stone was better off as a conversion. I wonder who has that choker now, William and Kate perhaps.

Duch_Luver_4ever

:goodpost: both of you, agreed on the choker, she was made for sapphires with those amazing big baby blue eyes and dazzling smile. Her ring is a classic, and the earrings and pendant look nice as well.

However with the jewelry, it tales me quite a while to notice it, because of those eyes and smile, the factory issue jewels she came with were far finer than anything the earth could produce.  :crazylove:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on January 06, 2017, 04:47:52 AM
I wonder whether chokers will ever come back for young women?  Of course Camilla has been known to wear one or two, they're no doubt very flattering when you are in your sixties. Helps hide er imperfections around the neck area! 

That hen's egg of a sapphire was certainly magnificent and it was magical as the centrepiece of Diana's choker, a piece of jewellery Diana was very much identified with. She didn't wear many brooches that I can remember so that stone was better off as a conversion. I wonder who has that choker now, William and Kate perhaps.
My daughter's friends (16 year olds) sometimes wear plastic choker necklaces, but not too often. The enormous brooch was definitely improved as the centerpiece of the choker IMHO.

Lady diana, Rubies and diamonds and Ruby and on Pinterest

I don't recall Diana wearing rubies very often though they were her birthstone.

Curryong

^ Diana occasionally wore emeralds but I think the rubies were left to Sarah York who was very fond of them. Matched her hair! I think Diana realised that the vivid blue of sapphires suited her complexion, and the blue of her eyes.