Princess Letizia sister has died

Started by anikas, February 07, 2007, 01:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serene grace

Oh this is horrible, having her sister die suddenly. It is hard to even look at the photos, I truly hope she is holding up, poor Letizia. So very sad. Unimaginable. It is tearful to see.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/photo-galleries.html?imagen=/royalty/2007/02/08/letizia-sister-dies/imgs/letizia-sister-funeral-2a.jpg&publi=&nactual=1&nnumeroactual=2&nfotos=2&subseccion=

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

hippie_cyndi

:cry: i know...after i saw one pic of her crying...i couldn't look...felt like some sleazy invader....but I wish her & her family the best of love & support :hug:
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

dizzylizzy13

Oh, wow, Hippie Cyndi -- that's how I felt, too -- almost embarrassed to be looking at pictures of such grief. God bless all of them, that is just so sad.

Lila the Flirt

Tearful Letizia bids farewell to her youngest sister ~ hello

QuoteFollowing the sudden death of her youngest sister Erika Ortiz on Wednesday, an emotional Princess Letizia has bid farewell to her 31-year-old sibling at a funeral ceremony in the Spanish capital.

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Varya

I not only feel horrible for her considering her horrible loss, but also because of this constant media attention. It's not right that they can film and take pictures of her family, espeically a funeral.  :cry: They are not the ones in the public eye and it is extremely unfair and cruel to have this attention braught on them by the press, who seem  to have absolutely no concience.
:thumbsdown:
SO I DID HAVE SIGNATURE UP HERE... but evidently it would probably have been removed so I removed it first. But bummer about the possible censorship!
Almost everything is speculation mixed with opinions... get over it!
Diana-ite #3 Chelsy-ite #8
NON[/colo

agentblueberry

Chelsyite # 0022  Harryite # 0084  Dianaite #007  Stunningite # 002 Cheese-ite # 0013 Willite # 0076 Daniel-ite #002

Countessa

Details of Erika Ortiz death published in the media
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_8861.shtml
QuoteDespite wishes expressed by the family for the outcome of the autopsy to be kept secret, the Spanish press is now carrying the details on the death of Érika Ortiz, the Princess of Asturias' younger sister.
Sister of Spain's future queen committed suicide: autopsy
http://www.expatica.com/actual/article.asp?subchannel_id=81&story_id=36350
QuoteErika Ortiz, 31, died in her sleep after writing a series of letters to family members and taking the pills.
A reluctant royal: publicity-shy sister of future Spanish queen commits suicide
http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article2255667.ece
QuoteShe had been suffering from depression for some months after the breakdown of her marriage. A timid person, she hated the constant attention her elder sister's position brought her.
Almost the entire royal family, led by King Juan Carlos, attended a short private cremation for Ms Ortiz on Thursday. Letizia, who is due to give birth to her second daughter in May, broke down repeatedly. Afterwards, she managed to say: "Thank you to everyone who has grieved for the death of my little sister."

Lola

can i ask a question here and just know i am being serious and not trying to be rude: is it normal for plp in Spain to bury someone like the day after they die? it just seemed rather quick to me...... :unsure:
"I am as happy as a fat mouse in a cheese factory!"

Lila the Flirt

agentblueberry

well I'm not form Spain but in my parent's country they try to bury them as soon as possible, i think i'ts just to start the mourning and healing process.
Chelsyite # 0022  Harryite # 0084  Dianaite #007  Stunningite # 002 Cheese-ite # 0013 Willite # 0076 Daniel-ite #002

Lila the Flirt

This is too much. If the family wished the details of her autopsy to be kept secret, at least the press could have granted that wish. Letizia may be a public figure but her sister is not. :no: She has a young daughter.

agentblueberry

Countessa

Quote from: Lola on February 10, 2007, 02:49:05 AM
can i ask a question here and just know i am being serious and not trying to be rude: is it normal for plp in Spain to bury someone like the day after they die? it just seemed rather quick to me...... :unsure:
I thought it was rather quick too and the cremation took place before the other sister, Telma, arrived back in Spain. I've read that funeral burials in Spain happen on average 3-4 days. However, due to the media circus, both families may have wanted to at least have an immediate cremation (I'm assuming it was the wish of Erika to be cremated) to prevent the press from trying to break into the morgue and take pictures of the body. The Ortiz family may still have a memorial service this weekend, though.

Btw, here is video showing Telma, who is back in Spain, being surrounded by camera crews and photographers.
http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/servlet/Noticias?destino=../a3n/noticia/noticia.jsp&sidicom=si&id=12164341

Lila the Flirt

Wombat

Letizia and her family are in my thoughts :notamused:

Countessa

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BjjiqoSFXg
The funeral mass for Erika Ortiz was held tonight in Madrid. Queen Sofia, Felipe & Letiza, Telma Ortiz, Pss Elena, the queen's sister Irene and other members of both families attended.

pictures: http://www.20minutos.es/galeria/2050/0/0/

hippie_cyndi

its really amazing 2 see the whole royal family canceling their agendas.....supporting & showing their presence for Letizia & her family......a lesson in grace for other royals.....esp. the Windsor House.
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

Lila the Flirt

:hmm: I know I've seen her before. :hmm:

dizzylizzy13

I agree, HC ... this, in my POV, is a fine example of what a family can be.

agentblueberry

Lola

its really great that they could all pull together for this...i just wish that it didnt come down to them having to do this at all. i wish that erika had been able to get the help she obviously needed b/c now look at how much pain it caused for her family and what about her little girl?  :shrug:

btw: i noticed in that video that the paps actually stayed at a respectful distant for the funeral. too bad they can use that degree of decency the rest of the time...
"I am as happy as a fat mouse in a cheese factory!"

MapleLeaf

:( I feel very sorry for their terrible loss.  :notamused: I can't help but wonder if the british press would have been as respectful and as sensitive under similiar circumstances. 
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Countessa

I'm sure the british press would have been just as or even more instrusive. I'm also sure that the british royal family would not have behaved the way the wonderful spanish royal family has. Comforting the family of a non-royal who was alleged to have killed themselves without a public relations benefit is not something the Windsors do very well. They  don't have it in them I don't think. You can't fake the compassion, warmth and concern the spanish royals have shown Letizia and her family over the death of her sister. They just have it in them. Maybe this is why Diana was so impressed with this family when she visited them in the 80's.