Doria Ragland chat

Started by Kritter, February 09, 2018, 12:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

Why does everybody need to like her?  Not everyone will like her.  If there are people who are wildly prejudiced about her they're not going to change their minds.. and it doesn't really matter.  what matters is that she has a reasonable degree of popularity, and that she does a good job as a royal.. I think it is early days yet and there is something fakey about her that makes me not take ot her.. I may change my mind...but I don't know...  Anyway, whether I do or not, its a given that load of people will be perfectly indifferent ot her and many will dislike her outright.

sandy

The FAKE word seems to be used by a clique. All the Meghan bashers use that word. I don't know how you know she is "fake" when you never even met her. Royals DO put up appearances so maybe they are ALL fake.

amabel

How do you know, say that Diana was sincere, if you never met her?  Or Meghan?  We make decisions on people we never meet, due to what we read of them or see on TV.  I've never met many people  -both historical characters and people who are alive today but I have an opinion on them.  I get a fake vibe from Megan as I do form many actresses.. but I may be wrong. I am waiting for her to get into royal life and see how she works out...

sandy

So I can ask you the same question. How do you know meghan is fake if you have not met her. I think some of the decisions come from peer pressure. The Meghan bashers are like a clique of teenage girls who keep using the same word "fake" or phony. Like a sort of mean girls clique. Actresses play parts. They have to "act" out a part. I think actors and actresses who have this as their career would resent being called "fake". You can say the same about other professions like lawyers and real estate agents. I think some just don't like Meghan because they don't like Americans and don't think they are "good enough." It is odd that she is condemned for being a divorcee when Princess Anne became a divorcee and Camilla was a divorced person when she married Prince CHarles who was also a divorced person.

TLLK

Quotewhat matters is that she has a reasonable degree of popularity, and that she does a good job as a royal.

I would say that based upon the YouGov and IPSO-Mori polls that featured questions regarding people's favorable opinions on the Sussex engagement and Meghan's entrance into the BRF that she has  a "reasonable degree of popularity."  :) :thumbsup:

Now it's only been about six weeks since their wedding, but IMO she's behaved in the appropriate manner at  the Garden Party, Trooping the Color, Ascot, and at the engagements that she's participated in with QEII and Harry. She still has time to demonstrate that she does "a good job as a royal." :)

amabel

I wasn't overly impressed by either of them at the wedding..  the giggling, the holding hands like they were teenagers.. ( I wont go into the dress as its her dress choice.. )..
I expect she will do an adequate job, but I can't help feeling that "fakey" vibe from her.  But unless she really goofs up, at least for now, she will be OK with the public who take an interest in royal things..  Ive never been greatly impressed by kate either, but I think she too has been accepted by the Public as a reasonably good royal..

sandy

I see the DM posters calling her fake without perhaps knowing why. Trashing for the sake of trashing. They criticize and scrutinize and will always detest her.

amabel

So?  Why do you think that she's going to have everyone in the world loving her?  There are always going to be people who don't give  a damn about her or who actively dislike her...

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on July 09, 2018, 01:19:50 PM
I see the DM posters calling her fake without perhaps knowing why. Trashing for the sake of trashing. They criticize and scrutinize and will always detest her.
Again that is what tabloid commenters frequently do with all sorts of public figures. :shrug: Meghan is just one of many people who have to deal with these types of responses. Most members of the BRF have people who will "criticize and scrutinize and will always detest her/him"  Charles, Camilla, William, Kate, Harry,etc...  face this every time they have an engagement or an appearance. For goodness sake even the Cambridge kids have their devoted critics and fans!  There are those who really enjoy getting fans and critics stirred up.

I don't understand why so much importance is placed upon the comments from tabloid sites. :shrug:

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on July 09, 2018, 04:53:24 PM
Again that is what tabloid commenters frequently do with all sorts of public figures. :shrug: Meghan is just one of many people who have to deal with these types of responses. Most members of the BRF have people who will "criticize and scrutinize and will always detest her/him"  Charles, Camilla, William, Kate, Harry,etc...  face this every time they have an engagement or an appearance. For goodness sake even the Cambridge kids have their devoted critics and fans!  There are those who really enjoy getting fans and critics stirred up.

I don't understand why so much importance is placed upon the comments from tabloid sites. :shrug:
well considering the constant criticism of Kate, who is pretty darn bland, I don't see why Meghan should be immune from critical comment whether fair or unfair

TLLK

Meghan Markle's mother starts job showing students to make jewellery

QuoteHer classes show students how to design bohemian 'floating' pearl necklaces, create multi-strand bracelets and 'linked necklaces' made of wire.

The lessons at Santa Monica College, which are currently on hold due to the pandemic, cost between ?29 and ?33 and are held at the campus nine miles from her home.

The college was the scene of a mass shooting in 2013 that left five dead.

Meghan, who has gushed about her mother having a 'free spirit', recently moved into an ?11 million mansion with Prince Harry and 15‑month-old Archie 90 miles away in Santa Barbara.

Her mother's biography on the college website states: 'Doria Ragland is a local artist who has been designing jewellery and clothing for over ten years.

With nearly all California community colleges offering online classes this fall semester, Doria can easily teach via Zoom. :thumbsup:

TLLK

The Duchess of Sussex shares that she took a DNA test and discovered that her ancestry is 47% Nigerian. Ancestry that she inherited from her mother Doria.

Meghan Markle reveals she's 43% Nigerian after doing a genealogy test | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

So, The Niger Valley hmm? Interesting! I think those genealogy tests are fascinating.

TLLK

Doria visited an art exhibition. I love the red jumpsuit.

Meghan Markle's Mom Doria Ragland Steps Out at Beverly Hills Art Show

QuoteMeghan Markle's mom, Doria Ragland, had an artsy outing in California.

Doria, 66, was spotted in Beverly Hills on Thursday attending an exhibition by artist Honor Titus followed by a dinner at a local restaurant.

wannable

Funny the pap walks. That backgrid guy who said he's close friend of the Sussexes also taking pictures of Doria.

TLLK

Meghan's Kardashian connection! Her mother Doria Ragland poses with Kris Jenner and Kim at star-studded charity event that also hosted Amazon boss

QuoteMeghan Markle's mother Doria Ragland teamed up with Hollywood's most famous power-mother Kris Jenner, and her A-list daughter Kim Kardashian, as they posed up a storm at a glitzy event last night.

The mother-of-one, who is grandmother to Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, donned a vibrant, paisley shift dress in stunning yellow, orange and pink shades to attend the This Is About Humanity's fifth annual soiree in Los Angeles.

Meanwhile SKIMS founder Kim, 42, debuted a new hairstyle as she sported bangs and a ponytail as she dressed all in black, while 'Momager' Kris, 67, was chic in a white suit.

As the trio posed for photos, they embraced and beamed, looking very pally as they cosied up to each other.

TLLK

:bday:  Happy  67th Birthday to Doria.

She attended the Beyonce concert in Los Angeles with her daughter and son-in-law.

Meghan Markle throws shapes at first night of Beyonce's Renaissance world tour in California but Harry looks less impressed as he gazes at his phone

wannable

Happy birthday, it was very likely a birthday present to take her to Beyonce's concert. 

Harry looks bored, probably not his type of music.

wannable

Talking about shady characters, hanging out with royalty to end up moving on to the Kardashians isn't making a leap and stride improvement.

Making and exploiting a tape is not exactly to be proud off. The old version of today's Only Fans.  :laugh:

Nightowl

Oh that is for Darn sure...I think most people by now know all about the K Klan and have seen all body parts, so is that what is next for the Sussex's...and hopefully they will not follow the K Klan path to fame.

wannable

Last night Neil Sean provided an interesting story about Doria Ragland when she went to the UK for her daughter's wedding alone.

His source is Catherine's ex PA (there were 3 to date ex PA's, for context, Omid claimed 6 ex PA in 6 years, all the RR's say 3 in 6 years)

Ex PA: Doria was given red carpet treatment when landing England. William and Catherine invited Doria three (3) times to entertain Meghan's mom - taking into account Meghan was very busy with her own wedding prep.  The three time Doria accepted the invitation, the three times at the 11th hour a spokesperson for the Sussexes would call the then Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's household to cancel. The fourth invitation was then prepared, Doria showed up with Harry and Meghan - Doria during the afternoon tea asked for the bathroom, she was on her way - Meghan stood up and went to the bathroom with her mom.  This is very likely a USA social custom, not much a UK custom. This latter sentence is because Neil Sean found it weird, the ex PA found it weird, perhaps because the tea party was in the actual apartment of the then DOC's in KP rather than downstairs in the tourist area where the public bathrooms have multiple handwash/loos. Tied to the alleged story of Doria accepting three times to be entertained - but at the 11th not allowed/cancelled by Meghan (and Harry). Meghan's family relations are truly a mystery. Neil Sean called this a 'red flag', but...

...I think to be fair Meghan does not feel confident about both parents.  Compare this allleged story with Mike and Carole accepting pre wedding invitations from the Queen and PP for tea, to Balmoralx2.  No Catherine in sight to control parent talking.

Note: Also for the 2nd context, Omid claims Catherine (and William) are cold, mean, etc.  The above if true, sounds like a BIL and SIL doing their best to welcome a alone with no partner mother of the bride.

Curryong

Strange that this Doria story is coming out now, whether it REALLY IS one of Kate?s ex PA?s telling it or not. Why not two, three years ago when the Sussexes were settling with Archie in California?

Could it possibly be because this naming of Kate as one of the two royals present at the conversation about race and so the Palace PR decided that this would be a nice story to tell about the then Cambridges and Meghan?s mother, a woman of colour? Oh surely not! Yes it could! Sometimes Palace PR is so obvious it?s laughable!

And one tea party at Balmoral with the Queen and PP does not equal a woman coming from another country to try to help her daughter and being left alone by the Cambridges, which I believe she was. (Meghan went to tea herself with Harry and the Queen as well.) Harry would have been happy to take Doria over to their apartment even if Meghan was away for hours. This very new story just does not meld in with anything we have been told about how the Cambridges clashed and ignored Meghan right from the beginning. Really wanted to welcome Doria but not her ?opinionated? daughter? Really? Lol!

The Cambridges ignoring Harry and Meghan and her mother does however fit in perfectly with the stories from Harry in Spare of hearing George?s pram wheels going past Nott Cott when he was alone there and Kate never popping in with her baby. It melds in with all the stories of Kate remaining in the garden when Harry first took Meghan over to meet his brother and sister in law leaving William to do the meeting and greeting,, and all the stuff about them pursing their lips up about Meghan?s ripped jeans and lip gloss use and her being ?opinionated? in Will?s eyes.

And all the stories of the Cambridges never joining in any parties at Nott Cott with the newly weds, never going to Oxfordshire to visit them, never spontaneously visiting Meghan when she was stuck at KC with her baby and no mother. Weren?t so anxious to see Doria then when she came over were they? Why not take the opportunity the opportunity during those times when Doria WAS there at FC?

Or bothering to try to be nice to a woman who had joined the family but was away from her country, US mother and US friends. Yet we are expected to believe that the Cambridges were SO welcoming they really really wanted to meet this woman of colour attached to a woman they already quite disliked. Please, give me a break!!

wannable

You are referring to events after the wedding, Neil Sean is referring to three days before the wedding.  If that wasn't clear enough.

The only event (s) before the wedding was

February 2017
Laney Gossip story told by her friend Meghan in reference to she didn't invite me to shop together - she knew Catherine was going to John Lewis. Catherine's RPO's also knew that someone ehem had called in the paparazzi in advance, I wonder who?

February 2018
Fab four only/last meeting televised

After the May 2018 wedding many things happened from Meghan to almost everyone, from royals to staff, so a majority will have a hard time believing her.  It is not coincidental that even before her May 2018 wedding she (and Harry) were already making commercial plans. They never intended to stay. When you have senior staff with 25 plus years of experience telling Valentine Low/Tom Bower that they did everything possible to help her, she didn't want the help...and it looked like she was doing it purposely. 

In reference to your belief that Catherine is a racist?! Each to it's own.