It's Exhausting Being Princess Eugenie

Started by cinrit, June 11, 2014, 12:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteHer sister Beatrice usually represents the Royal set at the smartest restaurants, events and clubs but in her absence yesterday, Princess Eugenie held fort quite capably.

The energetic 24-year-old attended four events in just 12 hours yesterday, looking smart and chic in a summery white dress, which she teamed with strappy black sandals and a studded box clutch.

The young royal began the day at a royal garden party at Buckingham Palace alongside the Duchess of Cambridge, then dashed to an art gala in central London, followed by an intimate Justin Timberlake gig and then finished the night off at celebrity hotspot, Tonteria.

The young Princess was joined by her 54-year-old mother, Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, at the Art Antiques London Gala Evening in aid of Children In Crisis at Kensington Gardens.

More: It's exhausting being Princess Eugenie: Royal goes from Queen's garden party to nightclub via charity art gala and an intimate Justin Timberlake gig -

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

FanDianaFancy

It is ..so hard.
They  have jobs that are very loose on time and schedules and work load as girls in their world do  . It is something to do until they  get married  to a man  in their world  . Money. Maybe Duke.Lord's son.
LOL!!
  The girls   BOTH  have turned  well...no scandal...ill image to HRH, QEII and PP.
BOTH live low key lives in that they  do not  grant interviews , stuff like that.  They  are friends with people  in their world and are protected by their groups.

Thing that is  wrong  for them is  they  were given the title, HRH, P. They  should have been given the title, Lady such as  PE  has  for his daughter.  There  was not way  they  were  direct in line  since PC was married and  had  two kids.
Being styled , Lady, would  have given them more  freedom from mthe press  in their country. YES, of course, HRH,Princess  is  world wide prestige. It gives them more prestige in their country.
They  will  always  be Princess ,but their  husbands  will be untitled.  Kids will be untitled.  Both girls so far  have dated untitled men. Mr. Dave Clark.

Curryong

They can drop their titles, you know. Princess Patsy, who was the daughter of the Duke of Connaught, Queen Victoria's third son, just announced when she married Admiral Ramsay in 1919, that she wanted to be known as Lady Patricia in the future (as a Duke's daughter) and it was done.

ohsillyme

Prince Andrew will never, ever, let the only blood princesses drop their titles.  Ever. I mean, over his dead body.

Queen Camilla

Why should they be stripped of their title?

The title was given to them at birth.  It is theirs by right.

Princess Anne retains her title. 

Princess Mary didn't lose her title when she married.  She just used her husband's title.  Princess Mary was the 3rd child with 2 older brothers.  She remained the Princess Royal until her death in 1965.

ohsillyme

No one said lose, the suggestion was that the Yorks might choose to drop their titles. Andrew will never allow it.

Sandor

Quote from: ohsillyme on June 12, 2014, 02:40:48 AM
Prince Andrew will never, ever, let the only blood princesses drop their titles.  Ever. I mean, over his dead body.

:goodpost:

And so true! I've heard that Andrew fought hard to get the HRH for his daughters and succeeded, despite Charles' displeasure.

Actually, I think Beatrice, at least, should be allowed to officially represent the RF at events. ( I believe the job she has now is nominal, if indeed she is still there).

I think she'd do a good job as representative;  more important, she wants to do it!

I know she has contacted organizations (at least in York)  and volunteered to become their patron (unlike most of the RF, who are asked to become patron and then consider whether they will agree).

So, why not let her make a contribution rather than hover on the fringes?  What could it hurt?

amabel

He did not have to fight to get HRH for his daughters?  Where did you see that?  They have the HRH by right as grand daughters of the queen.  As for their doing charity work, noting to stop tehm.  if they wnt to do it, they are rich, have only nominal jobs and could take on charity work if they watned to. The thing isth at there's no demand for any more royals to get involved IMO in rep and charity work.

Sandor

I believe now the HRH is reserved for the children of the heir.  The others do not use it.

amabel

Not the case.  Bea and Eugenie are HRH's, so are Louise and James Lrd Severn but their parents chose not to use royal titles for them, and they are merely known as Lady Louise and Vct Severn.

Double post auto-merged: June 12, 2014, 03:26:22 PM

Quote from: Curryong on June 12, 2014, 12:23:18 AM
They can drop their titles, you know. Princess Patsy, who was the daughter of the Duke of Connaught, Queen Victoria's third son, just announced when she married Admiral Ramsay in 1919, that she wanted to be known as Lady Patricia in the future (as a Duke's daughter) and it was done.
that was very unusual and she was considered quite a "radical" for not wanting to have a rank so much higher than her husband's.  THey CAN drop their titles but there is no need for them to do so.

FanDianaFancy

Hey, you guys forgot  one  little  person.....hmmmm....  and that is  FERGIE WILL NEVER ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodpost:
Over her dead body  !! LOL!!!  :lol:
Fergs and And  will NEVER allow their daughters to drop  HRH, Princess  from their names.

NO, we are not saying they should. We  are saying if they  wanted to , they  could  when they  get married.

If  Fergs and And could have their way, B and E  's husbands  would have  titles  such  as   Lord,  :mask1:,Viscount, something LOL!!
There must be someting out there to give to them and their kids too.
Their kids too would have titles.

Queen Camilla

The last 2 Queen Consorts were Duchess of York.

Queen Elizabeth (The Queen Mother.)
Queen Mary

DaFluffs

I don't think they'll drop the titles either. 

Does anyone remember the clarification of the rule that Kate is supposed to curtsy to the blood princesses except when William is present (am I getting that right?)?  If they gave up their titles would it mean that Kate would no longer have to curtsy to them?

Curryong

She would no longer have to curtesy to them because they would no longer be of a higher rank than herself. Unless the Queen, if she was still alive, made it clear that she would still like Kate to do so! Very Unlikely, but you never know!

FanDianaFancy

I wonder if they really  do that.  I am going to assume they  do not. Very  outdated. Archaic.
Yes,  PB and  are  PE by title but  actually, if this is true, then K should have to curtesy  to  Lady Lou and   Ms. Zara too.
They  ARE  QEII's  grandaughters just the same and are of BRF blood.

So then  Kate, born without  a title  and not  of royal blood , should  curtesy  to her  son, Prince George , before she  spanks that little  one day  6 yr.royal butt or scolds him. HOW DARE SHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Dare she  speak  in harsh tones and scold or  correct  HRH, PG.

Ridiculous.

Only  person should be  curtesied to and by  everyone  is  HRH, QEII and that is  only in public.  Even her  children should bow , curtesy to her  in public at an event.

ohsillyme

amabel

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on June 12, 2014, 11:13:47 PM
Hey, you guys forgot  one  little  person.....hmmmm....  and that is  FERGIE WILL NEVER ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodpost:

IT has absolutely nothing to do with the Duchess of York.