Prince William on family and silver linings since Diana's death

Started by HsHCharlene, July 10, 2014, 12:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

Well, you can look at it that way, or you can look at it as his letting them know that he identifies with them.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

He came across as making it about him and didn't come across as empathetic to too many people... He needs to work on his emotional intelligence and showing empathy and getting it across that he is putting others first at work.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

That's how it came across to you.  His way may not be your way, but it doesn't mean it's the wrong way.  It didn't come across as unempathetic to everyone.  I understood exactly what he meant. 

Cindy

Limabeany

Since I didn't say to Cindy or everyone but to 'too many people', I fail to see your point...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

There is no point, Limabeany.  I gave my personal impression, just as you gave yours.  :flower:

Cindy

cate1949

I think the issue here I encapsulated in the old saying - shine a beacon on others - do not toot your own horn