Main Menu

Recent posts

No, I don't think it makes Archewell look good either.   
Quote from: TLLK on Today at 11:13:03 AMI have admit that I  don't really care for this portrait.  It's on par with the Danish royal family's strange one that was focused on CP Christian.

I think the King's face is well done. The rest of it, ??? However, I suppose it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it. Apparently King Charles found it 'striking' and joked about the butterfly the artist painted on his shoulder. I do think that another background, maybe a dark blue hue might have made a difference.
Wishing a Happy 43rd Birthday to Zara Tindall
Jordan / Re: Jordanian Monarchy: Curren...
Last post by PrincessOfPeace - Today at 12:29:45 PM
His Majesty King Abdullah II and His Royal Highness Crown Prince Al Hussein attend the Regional Ocean Summit at the King Hussein bin Talal Convention Centre, at the Dead Sea

https://twitter.com/RHCJO/status/1790719761422172171?t=OIiRNPdfrJAcKrzLzUgtbA&s=19
Norway / Re: Norweigan Monarchy Current...
Last post by PrincessOfPeace - Today at 12:25:26 PM
Their Majesties King Charles and Queen Camilla arrive at St Paul's Cathedral in London ahead of attending a Service of Dedication for the Order of the British Empire. Report by Matthew Covell.

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on May 14, 2024, 07:01:09 PMKing Charles has unveiled the first completed official portrait of himself since The Coronation, painted by renowned artist Jonathan Yeo.

The portrait was commissioned in 2020 to celebrate the then Prince of Wales's 50 years as a member of The Drapers' Company.

The portrait depicts His Majesty wearing the uniform of the Welsh Guards, of which he was made Regimental Colonel in 1975.

The canvas was carefully considered to fit within the architecture of Drapers' Hall and the context of the paintings it will eventually hang alongside. Report by Matthew Covell.

I have admit that I  don't really care for this portrait.  It's on par with the Danish royal family's strange one that was focused on CP Christian.