Relationships between the members of the British royal family

Started by TLLK, June 10, 2018, 04:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yale

There is an article that comments that Harry did not see his niece or nephews while in the UK.

Well, William has a nephew. Has William shown any interest in being an uncle to his nephew or his niece that will be born in June?

wannable

Harry was in a 5 day lockdown, 6th day the funeral, 7th day out.

Harry was the one who left the UK for California...

TLLK

AFAIK the Cambridges (William and Catherine) did see little Archie shortly after he was born and then of course at the baptism.That's only the information that's been released and anything else would have been private which is in keeping with what the BRF tends to do in their off time. The Sussexes didn't go to Balmoral in  the summer of 2019, so unfortunately the family did not have the opportunity to see him then either. Post 2019 and through 2020 and into 2021,  reportedly the family has  been keeping in touch through virtual chats and calls especially since COVID has restricted so many family interactions around the globe.

The Sussexes have confirmed in the Oprah Winfrey interview that they are having a girl, so I believe that the family will be sending their congratulations once the little girl arrives. If her parents had opted to use her title she would be Lady (name) Windsor however I believe that they'll choose to do as they did with their son and just have their daughter be Miss (name) Mountbatten-Windsor.   :Jen:

As @wannable pointed out, it would have been very difficult for Prince Harry to have contact with anyone prior to the funeral due to mandatory quarantine. I do know that Prince Harry used to frequently drop in at KP to play with his nephew and niece.

Macrobug67

Like so many of us right now, Harry wouldn't get the chance to see his family and there is no way his brother could travel to US.

I hope they get a chance to Zoom.   It's better than nothing.   My nephews here in Canada haven't seen their grandparents in England in 2 years.  That's a long time for a 4 year old.  To him Pappy and Gram are people on a screen.   :cry:    I get to see him IRL but I haven't had a hug in over a year. 

TLLK

Here's one of the articles from 2019 shortly after little Archie's birth. William and Catherine met Archie one week after he was born and then with the children a week or so later. Later the families were spotted at a charity polo match. However as previously mentioned, the BRF does tend to keep their private lives....private.

Revealed: why Kate Middleton didn't take George, Charlotte and Louis to meet baby Archie right away | HELLO!

wannable

I don't think the children will remember or know each other. 

The damage is too deep and the bridge is completely burnt, ashes taken by the wind. Even USA The Daily Beast said it's kaput, especially for the BRF, who have a monarchy/government/duty/service to think about. In some certain terms, allegedly Charles said stronger words than the Queen's 'you work for the monarchy, the monarchy doesn't work for you, in referencing William and himself (Charles).  The Daily Beast has gone pay per view with their more 'juicy' stories.

Macrobug67

I hope that they do mend a bit.  Who knows what will happen.  My brother in law and his sisters don?t talk but the cousins do.  And they talk with their aunts and uncle.  The argument is between the older generation.  The younger generation aren?t having any part of that.

In this day and age of electronic communication, they could work at trying to have some connection.

wannable

If the Sussex apologize, maybe. They threw Kate under the bridge twice.

TLLK

@Macrobug67 - I hope that they do mend their relations as well. Archie and sister have an entire family in the UK to grow up with and make happy family memories. Who knows, perhaps it will be Louis, Archie, Lena, August, Lucas and (Baby Girl Sussex) who will be racing around the Balmoral grounds on ponies, bikes or ATVs one day being chased by Savannah, Isla, George, Charlotte and Mia just like their parents and grandparents did so many years ago.  :happy:

wannable

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on April 24, 2021, 12:51:33 AM
@Macrobug67 - I hope that they do mend their relations as well. Archie and sister have an entire family in the UK to grow up with and make happy family memories. Who knows, perhaps it will be Louis, Archie, Lena, August, Lucas and (Baby Girl Sussex) who will be racing around the Balmoral grounds on ponies, bikes or ATVs one day being chased by Savannah, Isla, George, Charlotte and Mia just like their parents and grandparents did so many years ago.  :happy:
That's fun to think about, though most likely the visits will be few and far between.  There is a special relationship between cousins, and even if visits are not frequent these cousins could be close. 

Amabel2

Its unlikely.  The kids may meet once  a year or so and there is tension in the family. 

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on April 24, 2021, 12:49:27 AM
If the Sussex apologize, maybe. They threw Kate under the bridge twice.
It's possible that Prince Harry has already made a private apology to his sister-in-law over the interview story as reportedly she was present when he met with Charles and William.

Yale

TLLK

IMHO that would be very sad for all involved.  :no: I recall that William and Harry had limited interaction with their cousins Beatrice and Eugenie after the mothers fell out. They only saw the York girls when they were with Charles prior to Diana's death. I hope that in the future that the Sussex children will see their UK family for holidays or in the summer.  :)

wannable

The Times says that new chapters will be added to Finding Freedom for a re - sale, it will cover the Oprah Interview and Prince Philips death, all what went through Harry and Meghan, fully detailed. 

Do you really think the BRF, or this specific thread William and Kate will ever speak to the duo? The Duo during their time in the UK did not want to share with anyone, missed out on the holidays.

It is over and out.

TLLK

I don't believe that it is "over and out." I do believe that in time that the family members will begin to speak again even if they need to take it slowly for awhile.  There are anniversaries, birthdays and a new little girl coming soon so these are always positive subjects for the family members to connect over.

Amabel2

I think there will MAYBE  be a gradual improvment of relations but I dont think they'll be close again.   I dont htink that Meg and Harry are going to change.. and as a a result I think that Will, and Kate are going to feel let down and angry and it wont ever be the same again...

PrincessOfPeace

I cant see it being anything more than the most superficial of relationships. The trust is completely gone.

Amabel2

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 25, 2021, 11:21:58 AM
I cant see it being anything more than the most superficial of relationships. The trust is completely gone.
Exactly. I don't think that Harry's likely to apologise sincerely, because I don't think that he or Meg think that they've done anything wrong... They might make some kind of superficial apology just to try and keep up a polite front but its only a month since they did a very explosive interview.  Diana was critical of the RF but she was still careful what she said..
I think that William will feel let down by his brother in all sorts of ways.  Diana was an angry wronged wife, for her to get mad and do an interview was one thing but harry has accused his own family of racism, cruelty, pushing him out and refusing to talk to him..
I dont think he'll have to limit access to his children, it wont really arise that his kids will see the RF's kids all that much..

wannable

''Cambridges and other Royal Family members'' (Board/Thread)

The irony, one would think the Cambridges are the ones that took off and are completely lonely/alone with no family support from parents and siblings and ghosted friends of both sides of the family  :sarcastic:

Amabel2

Quote from: Yale on April 24, 2021, 12:14:39 AM
There is an article that comments that Harry did not see his niece or nephews while in the UK.

Well, William has a nephew. Has William shown any interest in being an uncle to his nephew or his niece that will be born in June?
how's William supposed to see the child, when he is in the US and travelling is restricted because of Covid?

wannable

Quote from: Amabel2 on April 25, 2021, 01:38:56 PM
how's William supposed to see the child, when he is in the US and travelling is restricted because of Covid?

William (and Kate) will go only to the USA when required by The Queen/Foreign/Trade Office with a busy schedule.

Their preferred holidays is Mustique or one of the Alps Ski destinations. Lately, with the pandemic, their holidays; be it long weekend, Easter, summer, Christmas is spent at Anmer Hall, with the 1 week at Balmoral to be with the QEII and everyone else that usually is there.

Amabel2

I'm not sure what that means since I thought we were talking about the present and at present, foreign travel is not really happening.   But when Covid is under control, there's nothing to stop Harry from coming to the UK or William and Kate from visiting the US.

wannable

In a supposed case scenario of travelling to the USA, the couple (Cambridges) have never been there for holiday, only for work.