The Spanish Royal Family General News and Chat

Started by TLLK, June 12, 2018, 12:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on August 09, 2022, 02:47:48 AM
Sofia?

I read she is pushing 5?11

Yes, Sofia! Because Leonor is the older of the two sisters and the heir I always get it into my head for some reason that she?s the taller of the two. Sofia has not stopped growing. She will probably end up 6.3 or 6.4.

TLLK

TudorQueen

Quote from: Curryong on August 09, 2022, 03:23:08 AM
Yes, Sofia! Because Leonor is the older of the two sisters and the heir I always get it into my head for some reason that she?s the taller of the two. Sofia has not stopped growing. She will probably end up 6.3 or 6.4.

Not really.She is 15 which for a girl tends to be when they reach their max height. She may gain another inch or so but major growth spurts should be done.Same with Leonor, going to always be the shorter.

Sofia has more then height. She grew out of her young girl features quicker then Leonor.And since they stopped being dressed identical, her choices always seemed a bit older. All adding to the feel she is older.

Lovely photos of the summer.  :flower3:

Curryong

Yes, there have been some lovely extended family photos of the extended family on holiday this year, including the two Infantas. I remember us discussing the photos of the two sisters dressed identically a few years ago, and everybody being glad to see them being given some leeway in clothing a bit later.

It?s always a bit sad to see growing girls in semi-identical clothing. It reminded me of the teenage future Queen and Princess Margaret Rose, when Elizabeth was about fifteen and Margaret twelve, but still dressing more or less the same.

TLLK

I'm hoping that each girl has a little more freedom of choice when it isn't a public or semi-public outing. As the mother of a leggy daughter, I don't envy Letizia's task of trying to find something long enough to fit Sofia. It's a challenge when most off the rack items are too short for your girl. There are some very tall young ladies in this generation of royals: Louise, Amalia, Elisabeth, Sofia, and Ingrid-Alexandra all have inherited height from their parents.

wannable

There are 'clothes' that simply are not styled or stylish to body types.  And fashions (holes) that should only stick to washed or really old vintage 'jeans' and jean jackets'.
The End.

Yikes, it's like a Midlife Crisis. 

Leti is very fit, but the bone structure of her fit look in the back looks terrible.

Macrobug67

Curryong

I like Queen Leti, but I?ve always said she is too thin. Her ribs stick out in very thin clothing and her shoulder blades could cut a hand in half. And I?m not an admirer of holes cut in strange places in clothing, fashionable though it may be, so it?s a No from me for that skirt. Many other times her fashion choices are fabulous, though, so I forgive her!

Curryong

Quote from: Curryong on November 03, 2022, 08:26:48 PM
I like Queen Leti, but I?ve always said she is too thin. Her ribs stick out in very thin clothing and her shoulder blades could cut a hand in half. And I?m not an admirer of holes cut in strange places in clothing, fashionable though it may be, so it?s a No from me for that skirt. Many other times her fashion choices are fabulous, though, so I forgive her!

And, I meant to add, there comes a time, in middle age hopefully, when celebs and others who have had procedures done and who use Botox extensively, to look in their mirror and say honestly to themselves ?Do I want to continue with this?? Sorry Leti, and I know you had a procedure on your nose years ago, but that time perhaps is now.We would  all love to look 25 or even 30 again, but trying too hard in that direction can lead to some quite grotesque results. I wonder whether Leti ever looks at Silvia of Sweden (a beauty in her youth) and muses?..

Macrobug67

She?s has had more than her nose done. Chin, boobs, nose again.   And now lifts and she is starting to have that mask grimace.  And she looks older than she is.   She was never a classical beauty but she was striking in a very strong boned way.  But she is getting a bit scary looking.  And the thinness is not in her favour.  A bit of softness is flattering to a woman in her 50s.  At some point it?s the butt or the face.

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on November 03, 2022, 10:52:33 PM
She?s has had more than her nose done. Chin, boobs, nose again.   And now lifts and she is starting to have that mask grimace.  And she looks older than she is.   She was never a classical beauty but she was striking in a very strong boned way.  But she is getting a bit scary looking.  And the thinness is not in her favour.  A bit of softness is flattering to a woman in her 50s.  At some point it?s the butt or the face.

I thought Leti?s original nose was perfectly fine and suited her cheekbones and chin. Reminds me of Michael Jackson when people are constantly changing their face. Same with Nicole Kidman. In the end, all natural expression is sand-blasted off and in extremes people have difficulty moving parts of their face. I remember reading that Joan Rivers couldn?t close one eye to sleep she?d had so many procedures done. I loved her humour but her face in old age was a mask, as you say.

Nightowl

I know we all age yet Leti is taking it to beyond scary for me.  Sometimes I wonder if she dresses down for an event just to get attention or to rebel at someone or something.  Her choices in clothing has left me questioning her ability to understand the meaning of some of the events that she has attended in the past.  This skirt with the Hole...what the h*ll was she thinking, that is not fashion at all, that is saying ..*Hey look at me* type of clothing which we see so many times on young girls in social media wanting attention with weird clothes.  That skirt would not even look good on either of her daughters .........and eating a burger with fries would not hurt her either as her bones stick out at times.

TLLK

While she is no longer an official representative of the monarchy upon her brother's ascension to the throne, Infanta Elena does attend some charitable events in Spain.

QuoteInfanta Elena attended the Capote de las Artes Awards in Madrid this evening, November 14:

TLLK

Continuing the annual Year in Review series for 2022.

The shadows of the past continue to dominate Spain?s Royal Family in a year that looked to the future ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Spanish Royal Family had a relatively quiet year in 2022 but one event dominated. The much anticipated but brief return of King Juan Carlos I to the country he reigned over for close to four decades brought controversy and became the hallmark of twelve months where the past was as present as the future.

TLLK

King Constantine's funeral was significant as this was the first time that the SRF have been together (minus the Princess of Asturias) in a few years.

King Felipe embraces father Juan Carlos as the Spanish royals reunite - video | HELLO!

TLLK

Froilan to move to Abu Dhabi where he's taking a job with an oil company.

Felipe de Marichalar joins his grandfather King Juan Carlos in exile ? Royal Central

King Juan Carlos of Spain?s 24-year-old grandson, Felipe Juan Froil?n de Marichalar y Borb?n, has been at the centre of a number of scandals in the recent months. He has been involved in nightclub brawls, police interrogations and has been linked to right-wing figures.

Felipe, who is fourth-in-line to the throne, has now discreetly left Spain to join his grandfather, Juan Carlos, in exile in Abu Dhabi.

The young royal is the son of Infanta Elena, and according to Spanish media, it was her who suggested that he should move to the United Arab Emirates so he can stay away from the public spotlight.

Felipe joined his grandfather in January, with sources suggesting he will likely stay there until August in the hope that the media coverage of recent events will be dampened.

Nevertheless, he will not lie on the lazy side during his temporary stay in the Middle East. Spanish media claim he has a job in the ATC oil company.

TLLK

The King, Queen, Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofia attend the Passion play in Chinch?n during Holy Week. The King and his family no longer go to Palma for Easter celebrations.

Felipe, Letizia, Leonor y Sof?a disfrutan de la Semana Santa de Chinch?n

TLLK

TM the King and Queen, Queen Sofia, the Princess of Asturias, Infanta Sofia and Princess Irene of Greece enjoying dinner together.

Spanish royal family enjoys dinner at Mia restaurant in Palma de Mallorca ? UFO No More

QuoteInfanta Sofia, Princess Leonor, Queen Letizia, Queen Sofia

On Saturday evening, King Felipe, Queen Letizia, Princess Leonor, and Infanta Sofia went to dinner at the Mia restaurant in Palma de Mallorca following the 41? Copa del Rey MAPFRE award ceremony. They were joined by Queen Sofia and Princess Irene of Greece. The royal family paused for photos outside the restaurant when they were leaving.

Curryong

The whole SRF certainly hang out together on these annual holidays. Wonder whether the tradition of gathering at Palma de Mallorca will continue when the Infantas marry and have families of their own.

TLLK

TLLK

Newspapers are reporting that Infanta Cristina and her husband Inaki Urdangarin are now divorced.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on January 25, 2024, 02:11:01 AM
Newspapers are reporting that Infanta Cristina and her husband Inaki Urdangarin are now divorced.

I suppose that is hardly surprising really, considering what happened in their past.