Prince Louis General Chat

Started by sara8150, September 04, 2017, 03:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

I also understand that Charles was really present at the coronation for only about ten minutes and even then it was far too long for him.
I believe that we'll see the older great-grandchildren at the funeral on Monday and possibly at the Coronation. Now by the Coronation, we might see Louis for part of the ceremony but probably not the others except for a balcony appearance.

wannable

LouisFerdinand

"Boys wear short trousers until they are eight." declared Ingrid Seward.   
http://nationalpost.com/news/world/prince-georges-shorts

Macrobug67

Awwwww.   :wub:   Love that with all the formality, his sock is still half fallen down.   

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on December 26, 2022, 09:59:36 PM
"Boys wear short trousers until they are eight." declared Ingrid Seward.   
http://nationalpost.com/news/world/prince-georges-shorts

Some boys do, if their parents go the traditional route shorts are certainly worn in primary school at that age. However few parents in Britain would be insisting on shorts for their very young sons out of school on a freezing day, especially in Norfolk.

Ayse

Quote from: Curryong on December 26, 2022, 10:14:07 PM
Some boys do, if their parents go the traditional route shorts are certainly worn in primary school at that age. However few parents in Britain would be insisting on shorts for their very young sons out of school on a freezing day, especially in Norfolk.

I think his parents would?ve known if he was cold.

Curryong

Quote from: Ayse on December 27, 2022, 12:10:43 AM
I think his parents would?ve known if he was cold.

Louis?s legs (and feet) would have been cold, no ifs about it. Look at how bundled up the people in the Sandringham crowd were. However royal and aristo children are dressed as part of their class not to withstand cold on all occasions. Shorts- upperclass, long pants-middle and God forbid, working class.

Royal expert says Prince Louis wore shorts to church because trousers are 'middle class' as people say he 'must be freezing' - MyLondon

All British people recognise that winter means being cold and just complain about it (and often stay indoors.) Diana dressed William and Harry in more sensible long pants for most of the time, but there were still photos of them in winter coats with bare knees when they were very young, just as their father, uncles and grandfathers would have been.

wannable

It's not below zero, it's been between 8 to 20 degrees Centigrade in Sandringham, Norfolk.

Older people wrap up, they aren't that active as children. Louis and Charlotte are wearing coats, thick socks and tights, George isn't wearing any overcoat (his dad isn't too). 

Where I live its that type of weather, all year round (city's elevation is 2,640 Meters) Right now 10 degrees, bike city, many out in normal track pants, track jacket tied to their waist, I do, others in bike shorts tights and a thin knitwear top, there are many American companies here that go to eat at the usual restaurants during the evening and they are dressed as the most outrageous for the weather, flip flops, shorts a jean jacket, nothing wrong they are ''used'' to it. There's no need to go full on snowy winter wear, although each to its own, there are people who can't stand the chill and are dressed what I consider for a minus 0 degrees C.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on December 27, 2022, 01:41:50 PM
It's not below zero, it's been between 8 to 20 degrees Centigrade in Sandringham, Norfolk.

Older people wrap up, they aren't that active as children. Louis and Charlotte are wearing coats, thick socks and tights, George isn't wearing any overcoat (his dad isn't too). 

Where I live its that type of weather, all year round (city's elevation is 2,640 Meters) Right now 10 degrees, bike city, many out in normal track pants, track jacket tied to their waist, I do, others in bike shorts tights and a thin knitwear top, there are many American companies here that go to eat at the usual restaurants during the evening and they are dressed as the most outrageous for the weather, flip flops, shorts a jean jacket, nothing wrong they are ''used'' to it. There's no need to go full on snowy winter wear, although each to its own, there are people who can't stand the chill and are dressed what I consider for a minus 0 degrees C.

I believe that the various family members probably "warmed up" during their walk from the estate to the church, though I expect some of the younger ones may have been skipping, hopping, jumping and running on their way over and out of sight  of the public and the cameras.  :wink: Let them burn off a little energy before sitting through the Christmas Service.
Those men and boys who opted to skip overcoats were likely in wool suits too and I expect that there was some warm, thin layers under the Christmas suits, dresses and coats for all.

wannable

When I arrived  5 years ago, I wasn't used to the all year cold weather, it's always between 3 to 20 degrees daily and all year round. I have half a mid size closet full of daily to beautiful coats and jackets that 'to date' I don't wear any more (it took me roughly 2 years to get used to it, after I purchased a expensive bike, very important to ride ride and ride, it's not a 'beach' bike with a basket that some people here use to go 3 blocks  :happy15:), I got used to the weather and keeping body temps active. I'll be moving before June 2023, I'm giving away more than half of those jackets and coats, even if transfer is fully company paid. I've been practicing cleaning the closet every 3 months, its good for the soul and by giving, I receive blessings too. Extra note.  :laugh:

I'm sad about my collection of boots...for real, not wearing them either since 3 years ago, trainers, sneakers with short socks is fine now, before boots for everything and oh my collection of scarves, that comes with me, I'm weak weather at the neck, yep, the neck gets cold, next day the sniffles, my best friend here no scarves, no sniffles, each person is 'different, she wears sunglasses, the UV at this hight even if its say 8 degrees, makes her cry.

wannable

Quote from: wannable on December 25, 2022, 01:30:02 PM
:D

TLLK hence the picture, Louis is wearing a long sleeve buttoned shirt, a knitwear jumper, and a thick wool coat and what looks like a thick cord shorts if not thick wool shorts (but I think its cord) and thick socks.  As I said, each to its own.  He seemed to be very happy.  People who are feeling cold and badly dressed for the weather that 'may affect' them aren't happy eyes/smile.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on December 27, 2022, 02:26:22 PM
When I arrived  5 years ago, I wasn't used to the all year cold weather, it's always between 3 to 20 degrees daily and all year round. I have half a mid size closet full of daily to beautiful coats and jackets that 'to date' I don't wear any more (it took me roughly 2 years to get used to it, after I purchased a expensive bike, very important to ride ride and ride, it's not a 'beach' bike with a basket that some people here use to go 3 blocks  :happy15:), I got used to the weather and keeping body temps active. I'll be moving before June 2023, I'm giving away more than half of those jackets and coats, even if transfer is fully company paid. I've been practicing cleaning the closet every 3 months, its good for the soul and by giving, I receive blessings too. Extra note.  :laugh:

I'm sad about my collection of boots...for real, not wearing them either since 3 years ago, trainers, sneakers with short socks is fine now, before boots for everything and oh my collection of scarves, that comes with me, I'm weak weather at the neck, yep, the neck gets cold, next day the sniffles, my best friend here no scarves, no sniffles, each person is 'different, she wears sunglasses, the UV at this hight even if its say 8 degrees, makes her cry.
I live in New England and have always been a cold weather person. We used to wear cotton dresses to school and I wore wool shorts all winter when not in school. I do suffer with the heat of summer and am grateful we have central air conditioning. 

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

wannable

The CUTEST picture of the Trooping of the Colour

HistoryGirl2

wannable

Prince Louis, a public fav, someone at Glastonbury has made him a flag, a legend.  🤣

Source: The Rumble

wannable

HistoryGirl2

Oh my gosh 🤣🤣🤣 that is absolutely hilarious! Love it and now want my own merch.