Harry & Megan - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, March 17, 2017, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Well, people probably called Princess Elizabeth and Philip a great couple when they were first outed together. Nobody ever asked what hobbies and interests they shared or why they weren't often together because of his naval career and her Royal duties. Nobody questioned their rightness for each other in spite of little or no shared hobbies.

William was away from Kate for weeks at a time during his military training. These two didn't seem to have too many common interests together either, though people fawned over them. However, both couples married and had children and have remained together in spite of it, as no doubt will Harry and Meghan.

California_dream

Quote from: psm on April 19, 2017, 12:52:03 AM
Well a lot of us love to criticize Kate here, but really are we comparing the careers of Kate, who started dating the future king of England at university to a woman who met a Prince at the age of 35?

Of course Meghan had to have a career, that does not make her special or better than Kate.

She is great at networking, married a producer and apparently got her lucrative job partly through the connections (I haven't watched Suits, but I asked my friends who do and they don't think she is a good actress). Her job also allows her to be free for what seems to be at least half of the year. It is not like she is working 9 to 5. She's just spent three months in London with Harry, a person with a regular job wouldn't have been able to do that. I don't get the impression of a workhorse here.

We don't know what Kate would have done had she not met William or met him at an older age. However, already Meghan turned down the Reitman contract (in December btw not now, it's only been reported now) and had to shut down The Tig. Her other social media have gone very quiet. All these adjustments within a few months of dating a guy who will never be the king, you know unlike the person Kate dated. She's also left her dogs to go live with Harry for three months.

So dating a prince requires sacrifices or keeping a prince means you adjust all your life accordingly, choose whichever explanation you'd like. Kate has been criticized for living her life for William, I see Meghan doing something similar. She still works for Suits however, and she has to, she has a contract. And unlike Kate who did not need an income, Meghan does need a job to sustain her lifestyle.

While at it, I have the same issue when people say Meghan does charity and Kate has never done so. Meghan started her charities in the last two or three years, so at 32 or 33 years old. That makes her better than Kate, who hadn't done charity until the age of 29, how? Especially when you consider that through social media and blogging, Meghan tried to build a new public image and charity for celebrities is PR 101.

I see a lot of people jumping on the Meghan ship because they dislike Kate. Well, to me, Kate, with her discretion started to look better in comparison.
What has Meghan done that has been indiscreet?  :blink: Good your friends dont like her acting but what does that have to do with the conversation?
For someone that most of you just knew back in November,you sure know alot about her personal life.This is a woman that has talked about her struggles in getting jobs and how she used to go from auditions to auditions in her beat down car and you suggest she got suits through her ex husband,how do you know? or did you you just make it up. :notamused: Even if she got suits from her ex husband's connections, the producers obviously liked her enough to keep her character for 7 seasons rather than stop it.

Cat00

"There's none so blind as those who will not see"

It's obvious that Meghan and Harry are in a very serious relationship, she's a mature woman, not a little girl, she would not abandon her job, her source of income, If she was not safe. She and Harry must have talked about it, nobody would give up such important things were it not for a good cause

Cat00

It's amazing 22 years old Chelsy AND Cressida did very well without security in a City like London even though I am sure they had nutters on them too ... but this 35 years old snowflake needs security in relatively quite Toronto REAL celebs go for tranquility ... me thinks she builds all this dramatics to keep Harry going ... that is the only way she could keep his attention for this long ... too bad for her it won't work forever ... Harry doesn't like dramas for too long ...
[/quote]

you are always talking about Meghan's age, what's your problem? you have 15 years? Because to find a woman of 35 years "old", you must be a teenager. Harry is 32 years old, Chelsy 31 ... anyway, everyone is in the same age group. "Dull" Cressida is 28 years old, is also not a little girl, not to mention that she appears to have much more . So, your attacks in relation to the age of Meghan are unfounded

sandy

35 is young today.  35 was considered middle age in medieval times.

amabel

Its quite some time since Harry was with Chelsy.. so I assume she was in her 20s whne they were dating..

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2017, 08:10:37 PM

Quote from: Curryong on April 19, 2017, 12:51:34 PM
Well, people probably called Princess Elizabeth and Philip a great couple when they were first outed together. Nobody ever asked what hobbies and interests they shared or why they weren't often together because of his naval career and her Royal duties. Nobody questioned their rightness for each other in spite of little or no shared hobbies.

William was away from Kate for weeks at a time during his military training. These two didn't seem to have too many common interests together either, though people fawned over them. However, both couples married and had children and have remained together in spite of it, as no doubt will Harry and Meghan.
I'm not talking about Will and Kate or the queen and Philip.  I'm saying "how can people be so sure that Meghan and Harry are a great couple?"  when it is a private and long distance relationship... and they're not seen together very much...

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on April 19, 2017, 07:31:16 PM
35 is young today.  35 was considered middle age in medieval times.
Or even elderly!!! People often married in their teens so a 35 year old could easily be a grandparent.

Curryong

^ And 35 year olds are sometimes grandparents today unfortunately! Maybe I'm reading too much tabloid stuff!

Victoria and Albert were grandparents for the first time at 39 of course, when the future Kaiser Bill was born to their eldest daughter Vicky Princess Friedrich, and I suppose that was pretty young even by 19th century standards.

We are so furtunate in the 21st century that most of us in the West, with good luck, can hope to see our 80th birthdays. Even a hundred years ago 40 was considered middle age and 70 was old, old. 35 certainly isn't middle aged nowadays.

sandy

Elizabeth Taylor became a grandmother at age 39. She married at a young age and so did her son so she was at a young age to be a grandmother. But Elizabeth Taylor was young and glamorous and not "middle aged."

TLLK

QuoteAnd 35 year olds are sometimes grandparents today unfortunately! Maybe I'm reading too much tabloid stuff!

Have had the opportunity to see that more than once as a teacher. :no:

Back to Harry and Meghan's relationship. If they're keen on starting a family then they do need to keep an eye on the calendar/clock. While many women do become  first time mothers in their mid-late thirties, they wouldn't want to wait too long.

Curryong

No, indeed. If there's an engagement this year and a wedding next Spring there will be time for two offspring perhaps, if they're very lucky. My daughter waited until she was in her mid thirties to marry. No luck conceiving so IVF was tried, thankfully only once,  and bingo, twins.

I know there are all these stories of celebrities having babies into their late forties, and good luck to them if it really does happen easily like that. However, look at the trouble Sophie Wessex had in producing two live, healthy children.

TLLK

@Curryong-Like your daughter I was in my mid-thirties when I married. We were very fortunate that I was able to have two easy pregnancies without needing intervention, but others that I know have struggled past thirty.

Curryong

Good on you, TLLK! Yes, some who marry later have no trouble producing babies. It is a fact though that fertility decreases year by year in one's thirties and as Harry especially has always said he's looking forward to having a family, best that the couple marry reasonably soon IMO, and start practising!

Eri

This is absurd ... besides the fact that no one around Harry is as INSANE as a wedding happening this Year ... Sophie is Sophie and other women in their 40's have children without issues ... we don't know if age was a factor in Sophie's issues but I don't remember her having children in her midd 40's   :unsure: ... besides ... the fact she is 35 doesn't mean he has to marry her this Year ... absurd ...besides ... he just SAYS he wants a wife and children his lips say it but his actions say otherwise or he wouldn't date this very unsuitable woman ... because Harry acts on a vim he would always be made to wait to marry and I can only imagine even more with this one who let us not forget was basically married with a another man just last Year ...

FanDianaFancy

The plot thickens  with H and MM  and  only these two know the plot.

With her toning things down and  sort  of having  outs  in her career, well...hmmm...I  wonder. We wonder. Everyone wonders  and will just  wonder and that is that.

Cat00

Quote from: amabel on April 19, 2017, 07:33:20 PM
Its quite some time since Harry was with Chelsy.. so I assume she was in her 20s whne they were dating..

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2017, 08:10:37 PM

I guess you did not understand what I meant. It's obvious that Chelsy was younger when he dated Harry, just as Meghan , but now everyone is in the same age group. Eri loves to say that Meghan is old, as if Harry's ex-girlfriends were still young girls and Harry too, so I'd say that.
I also don't understand why people talk so much about pregnancy. Today women have children more and more later. George Clooney's wife is 39 years old and is pregnant with twins, a very famous television presenter here in my country is 43 years old and pregnant. My sister had her second child at age 37, it is not because Sophie had problems that other women will also have and Meghan seems to be very healthy (mind and body)

Eri

Chelsy was 19 when they started dating and she seemed to handle all the attention and abuse better than Megan Cressida , was 23 when they started dating and she too seemed to handle all the attention and abuse better than Megan ... it seems to me this one is a drama queen about all the "attention" she would have killed for this time last Year only to keep Harry's interest ... she would have been history a long time ago without the dramatics and she knows it ... he can't tolerate her for more than 10 Days ... I hope we finally cleared what my post was all about ... it seems some jump on my posts without reading anything of what I read just wrote just because they don't agree with my now known opinions without bothering to read my comments ...

LadyLenox

Eri why are you so obsessed with Harry's exes? This forum is called Harry&Meghan.Forget his exes,that's why they are exes because he is dating Meghan now.

sandy

. Meghan is doing just fine and I don't see her as a drama queen, she has an established career and as an actress would need PR, they just can't hide out. She is not history and maybe never will be.

Eri

^^ Two examples of what I just said ... at this point I don't get if it's my fault because English isn't my first language or if my posts are even read at all ... who knows ... but looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool @ Megan being an accomplished actress wonder what movie you saw with her or if you knew Suits existed before she posted those bananas on her Instagram ...

sandy

She still is an actress in a TV show. I did not grade her as an actress. the fact is she is in a TV show watched by audiences. She has an established career and even if you don't like her acting, others do.

amabel

Quote from: LadyLenox on April 20, 2017, 01:58:34 PM
Eri why are you so obsessed with Harry's exes? This forum is called Harry&Meghan.Forget his exes,that's why they are exes because he is dating Meghan now.
Hmm I seem to rembmer endless posting about "Harry's exes" in the past few years, till this Meghan came along with people insisting that "Their" girl was about to renew her romance with Harry.. so obvioulsy, some of his fans are indeed obsessed with the idea of his getting Married and if he's not in a relationship, they go on about his previous girlfriends and insist that he's going to soon be married ot whichever one they favour. 

robynrose

'Wow I have missed a lot but somethings never change N

Double post auto-merged: April 20, 2017, 08:45:28 PM

Sorry my I pad is acting strange I think Meghan is lovely and Harry will marry her before the year is over . Used to the lime light and she can give  a speech . Hate to pick on Kate but she sounded terrible today Good luck to them

Lothwen

I think that until, or unless,  we see Meghan moving to England,  that all this talk about marriage is a bit premature.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am