Prince Harry and Meghan Markle relationship

Started by stepperry, November 02, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eri

Nothing against this woman but to all the people who named called and abused Cressida ... :hehe: ... Harry will continue to go down hill to the point this Megan person will look suitable for him because the issue is HIM ...

sandy

In a relationship issues are with both of them, since it takes two to have a relationship.   Cressida and Harry did not work as a couple, so it's better that they did break up.  I don't think Meghan should be looked at as someone Harry goes "down hill" with. She's a human being and not "bad" at all. Harry got the worst of it in the media during the breakup with Cressida. There were tons of articles about how she wanted to be an actress and dropped Harry. Which may or may not be the whole story.

Yale

I will say this, the more people attack Meghan the angrier Harry will become and he will push back.  He will not give up Meghan and he shouldn't!  I am sure they have discussed all this happening prior to dating. All these attacks will only cause Harry to fight for her hand his relationship with her.

School Children in Britain congratulated him on falling in love and he couldn't stop smiling.

HistoryGirl

Well I surely hope not because that sounds rather childish. To push for something because others don't want you to is a recipe for disaster. I think they'll probably choose to continue simply because they like each other enough to.

Yale

Quote from: HistoryGirl on November 15, 2016, 01:05:31 AM
Well I surely hope not because that sounds rather childish. To push for something because others don't want you to is a recipe for disaster. I think they'll probably choose to continue simply because they like each other enough to.

What others want???  That is what I am talking about!! What others want has no barring here! None! That is point I am making in my recent post!

HistoryGirl

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Pushing to do something because someone wants you to do the opposite is childish. It's just as childish as doing something just because others want you to do it. I would hope Meghan and Harry would at their age be mature enough to simply do what they believe is best for them, which is what I think they'll wind up doing.

Curryong

I have noticed something since this statement was issued. There seems to be a resentment growing among people on some forums who've followed Harry for years that he is doing something for Meghan that he never did for Chelsy or Cressida, ie telling the media and trolls to back off his girlfriend, and I'd like to just give my opinion on why he did so.

Social media really didn't play much of a role in the early years of Harry and Chelsy. In general later on she was liked by the fandom as it was in those days, a few remarks about 'Miss Piggy' aside. There were a few articles in the tabs that seemed to characterise her as a rather vulgar party-girl type, and questioning her father's links with the Mugabe administration in Zimbabwe, but generally her persecution consisted of paps hounding her night and day, both in Britain and South Africa, and in the tabloids regularly reporting on the breakups with Harry.

It was with Cressida that I think Harry really should have stepped up to the plate. It didn't help that when photographers caught them together Harry usually looked as if he was accompanying a young relative to a funeral. I happen to think that this period coincided with the Royal brothers' absolute hatred of Niraj Tanna and his ilk than anything connected with Cress herself at this time, hence the annoyed expressions every time he was caught out with her.

However, I think that relationship ended at least partly because Harry's fans, for some reason I can't understand, absolutely loathed Cressida and that spilled out to comments made in her hearing about her fashion etc.. I don't think it was the Press much at all, articles about her much-married mother notwithstanding.

Harry could have done more, much more I believe, to preserve that relationship by appearing with her in public, with his arm(s) around her, looking lovingly at her etc than he did. That would have shut much trolling and fan comment up. Those that didn't like them as a couple would have drifted off, those remaining would have accepted, however reluctantly, that this was Harry's choice.

I do believe, and I know most online followers of Harry don't and didn't at the time, that he was serious about Cressida and the online comments etc soured their romance. I think, and this is only my opinion of course, that he learned his lesson because that relationship ended. He realised, after the story broke about Meghan and himself that the furore that erupted in both the Press and online media, peppered as it was by subtle and not so subtle racist digs at his girl friend, was going to continue unless he did something.

It's forgotten, I think, in all this debate about Harry having a go at the tabloids, that it wasn't just the Press that was mentioned in that statement. He (via Jason) specifically mentioned on-line trolls in that statement and I don't think that he was just calling out the pea brains on the DM comment lines.

I think Harry was speaking to those on social media who had given Cress such a hard time and were doing the same with this new girl, calling her out for everything under the sun. Harry felt he had to do something, I think, or this new relationship would go the way of the others.

I am so sorry for the length of this diatribe, but I felt I had to get this off my chest once and for all. Finally, I'd just like to say that in a friendly chat to a board helper  on RD she remarked that the fury expressed in the past ten days was one of the reasons she herself rarely trespassed on the BRF threads. She said she had for years believed that when Harry looked as if he might marry then all hell would break loose, and we've seen it in the past weeks haven't we, all over social media.

Cat00

I think I understand what Yale meant. The more the press and people pursue it, the more they will be together, not because of childishness, But because it will bring them closer. He will want to protect and defend her more and more, and the affection will increase on both sides.

HistoryGirl

That's a very interesting perspective. It makes sense. It's a process of growth I suppose. We learn from our mistakes.

Cat00

Actually this Forum is one of the few where I do not see hate. The Forums Royal Dish and Royal gossip, are impossible to participate. People are aggressive, offend Meghan, it seems she's the worst person in the world :wacko:

Regarding Harry and Cressida, I think Harry did not defend her because he was not really in love, I'm sorry the fans of the couple, but I never found him excited about her, most of the time they showed up together, he seemed bored . Already Chelsy, I think the opposite, he really liked her, but I think not how he like Meghan.

HistoryGirl

Quote from: Cat00 on November 15, 2016, 02:31:03 AM
I think I understand what Yale meant. The more the press and people pursue it, the more they will be together, not because of childishness, But because it will bring them closer. He will want to protect and defend her more and more, and the affection will increase on both sides.

That clarification doesn't really change my opinion on that being a childish and ill-advised reason to be with someone because it still takes into account the opinions of others in a place where only two people's opinions truly matter.

Maybe it's just me, but I would want someone who wants to be with me because they love me as a person not because they felt an obligation to defend me.

Yale

Quote from: HistoryGirl on November 15, 2016, 02:45:22 AM
Quote from: Cat00 on November 15, 2016, 02:31:03 AM

That clarification doesn't really change my opinion on that being a childish and ill-advised reason to be with someone because it still takes into account the opinions of others in a place where only two people's opinions truly matter.

Maybe it's just me, but I would want someone who wants to be with me because they love me as a person not because they felt an obligation to defend me.

Well, let me make a clarification of mine own. You and everyone else NEED TO MIND YOUR BUSINESS!!

Harry is going to do what he wants, and he should!!!

Curryong

Hey, we are all expressing an opinion here, not saying that Harry should do what we or anyone else says. This forum is civilised as is one other. I've been under fire for saying, using mild language, that it is Harry's choice when he dates someone, and have come under intense fire on Twitter and on two other forums for doing so for the past week.  :P  So I think keeping it civil here please would help all of us. I've just put my armour away!  :D  :consoling1:

Eri

^ I have noticed no one here really feels strongly about Megan one way or the other but with Cressida ... oh boy ... I will never get why she brought the worse in some people and that is why it wasn't civil because it was absurd and something I am still  trying to understand ... with Megan we can have a civil conversation because even people who aren't crazy about this relationship are like whatever ... about Cressida and I promise this is the last time I bring her up because the best thing that happened to her is her relationship with Harry ending ... Harry is an idiot who lost a great chance to have a Sophie type of Countess on his arm and now he is going through the motions in all areas of his life ... his loos for not understanding what he had and acting so horribly with her ...

HsHCharlene

I agree that Harry is the stubborn type that will push back if pressed about something. But that will only work so far. The biggest factor is how the couple gets along and if the relationship itself is viable. We're giving the press and public far too much credit about what goes on in this relationship. They have hardly been together physically long enough to really be in serious relationship. I get it that we're in a new age of technology but being connected via social media doesn't really count as a true relationship to me, maybe I'm old fashioned. But they have rarely spent extended periods of time together. This past week she was only in London for two days, time enough for the essentials. I don't see how this relationship will last if she's all over the world, he as well, most of the time. When do they really get to know each other?

Curryong

I don't know when filming of 'Suits' finishes for the year, but it's possible I suppose that Meghan may come over to England in December after the tour and stay for a few weeks. I agree that sort of distance relationship isn't viable. Harry and Chelsy maintained that 'hop on a plane, holiday time' kind of romance for a few years while she was living in South Africa and he in Britain but it wasn't very satisfactory then when they were in their early twenties and it certainly wouldn't be when Two people are in their thirties and thinking of marriage and settling down. IF they are serious about each other (and it's still unknown whether they are at this early stage) then I can't see any way for them to do it other than the way Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson did it.

Mary went to live in Demark years before she and Frederil got engaged, quietly got a flat and a job in Copenhagen and began learning the Danish language and Danish customs. I don't quite know how that would work for a high profile actress, unless she got plenty of acting roles in the UK (and London ain't Copenhagen, Meghan would have paps and tab reporters camped on her doorstep day and night!) She could maintain her blog, but still I can see lots of probs.

Also Mary and Fred could afford to take it quite slowly. Harry has said for years he wants children and Meghan's already thirty five. Would a year say, living a very discreet life in London, learning what she could about Britain, the British way of life, the BRF protocol, etc etc, be acceptable to Meghan? She seems a very media savvy and outspoken person to say the least. Yet she can't be a TV actress one month and be a working in the BRF Duchess the next. It's a conundrum!

Cat00

That's why I think they'll get married soon. Maybe next year. The two are already at a mature age, there's no reason to wait

Eri

^ That is not a good reason and I hope Harry has learned from his father not to be pressured into marriage just because he is at a certain age ...that would end in disaster ... and Harry's family history is a prove of that ... not that I think he will marry this one ... like NO WAY ...

sandy

Quote from: Cat00 on November 15, 2016, 02:42:17 AM
Actually this Forum is one of the few where I do not see hate. The Forums Royal Dish and Royal gossip, are impossible to participate. People are aggressive, offend Meghan, it seems she's the worst person in the world :wacko:

Regarding Harry and Cressida, I think Harry did not defend her because he was not really in love, I'm sorry the fans of the couple, but I never found him excited about her, most of the time they showed up together, he seemed bored . Already Chelsy, I think the opposite, he really liked her, but I think not how he like Meghan.

I agree. I did not see any chemistry between them. He looked like he wanted to be someplace else when he was with her as I saw it.

Double post auto-merged: November 15, 2016, 05:27:01 PM

Quote from: Eri on November 15, 2016, 09:28:20 AM
^ I have noticed no one here really feels strongly about Megan one way or the other but with Cressida ... oh boy ... I will never get why she brought the worse in some people and that is why it wasn't civil because it was absurd and something I am still  trying to understand ... with Megan we can have a civil conversation because even people who aren't crazy about this relationship are like whatever ... about Cressida and I promise this is the last time I bring her up because the best thing that happened to her is her relationship with Harry ending ... Harry is an idiot who lost a great chance to have a Sophie type of Countess on his arm and now he is going through the motions in all areas of his life ... his loos for not understanding what he had and acting so horribly with her ...

I think the best thing to happen to Harry and Cressida was their realizing their relationship would never work. I don't see Cressida as anything like Sophie and maybe a Sophie-type is not in the cards for Harry in any case. Because he broke up with Cressida does not mean he won't marry or see anyone else. Life happens.

Cat00

Quote from: Eri on November 15, 2016, 04:15:16 PM
^ That is not a good reason and I hope Harry has learned from his father not to be pressured into marriage just because he is at a certain age ...that would end in disaster ... and Harry's family history is a prove of that ... not that I think he will marry this one ... like NO WAY ...

What a comparison!  :wacko:

Charles didn't love Diana, it was an arranged marriage. It's not a matter of rushing, more if the two love each other and have a ripe old age, why wait? Especially because they live in different countries.

sandy

Actually it was not an arranged marriage. No contracts were drawn up and the couple were not obligated to be bound for life when they started dating. One or both could have ended the relationship. Charles courted Diana the old fashioned way, asking her on dates, taking her to meet his parents, and introducing her to his close friends (the unfortunate part was that Camilla was a "friend").  Charles was already turned down by two other ladies right before he courted Diana. I think he wanted to marry and have heirs (back then 32 was considered "old" for men to get married). Besides which even if it were an "arranged" marriage it did not make it "OK" for Charles to cheat.  Maybe for Charles a real arranged marriage would have worked out if the bride had all the expectations (including Camilla) spelled out ahead of time. Harry I think will be permitted to marry MEghan.

Cat00

I also think Cressida and Sophie are totally different. Aside from the fact that there was no chemistry between them, Cressida was very young and seemed insecure to withstand the pressures of royalty, has to be a strong ,safe, lived, to endure

Yale

The Daily Mail is reporting that Kate has met Meghan.  She likes her and she thinks that she might be keeper for Harry.--- Some nice and positive like this is what  we should be discussing in regard to this.

I heard that the two may be going on a trip together after he returns from his Caribbean tour?

Cat00

The marriage between Charles and Diana might not be arranged, but he always loved Camilla, so much that she had been his mistress since the first day of their marriage. I doubt that there was love on his part.

This news about Kate approving the novel, I do not believe. I think the press is inventing a lot to get attention.

sandy

I don't think he "always" loved her, he loved himself. A man in love would have wanted to marry her, not choose another woman to marry and have his children.  And there were other women in Charles' life. Even though Camilla enjoyed the influence and power, Charles making her a mistress IMO was not showing "love" for her. Sheer selfishness more like it IMO. I think Charles is too egocentric to commit fully to anybody. Camilla was and is manipulative. Hopefully, Harry makes a love match and is totally committed to his bride to be,whether or not it's Meghan. I think mistress keeping shows disrespect for the wife and I hope William and Harry don't have the mess Charles made for himself.