Prince Andrew-A New Chapter

Started by TLLK, January 14, 2022, 12:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

It's hard to not see it, the Procession.

Lesson 101 of how not to 'ruin' your life. Everyone in uniform minus the war (hero) who then notoriously behaved so bad.

Lesson #2: With Great Privilege Comes Great Responsibility

Nightowl

Maybe those  with no *uniform* now can walk behind those that do have a uniform and that gives them time to think about why they are in suits....reflection is a good thing.

Curryong

Actually Charles didn?t wear ?a uniform? at the Vigil of the Princes at St Giles in Edinburgh. Instead he donned his kilt, something he does a lot in Scotland.

Nightowl

I was actually referring to Andrew and Harry because of the stress and drama they both give HM, a mother and a grandmother who at her age should never have her family give her the emotional and mental stress that they did as in time that affects the body. And here Harry preaches mental health...talk is cheap with that man..

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on September 13, 2022, 02:53:27 AM
Maybe those  with no *uniform* now can walk behind those that do have a uniform and that gives them time to think about why they are in suits....reflection is a good thing.

Yes, and mine was a reply and an observation that Charles himself did not wear one of the armed services uniforms familiar to those in the RF when he was participating in the Vigil of Princes in Edinburgh. In fact he wore a kilt.

God forbid that I defend the loathsome Andrew, a man for whom I have the utmost contempt. However he served as a helicopter pilot in the Falklands War and wore his combat medals on his suit.

And what of those who did wear uniforms today. People who have never risked their lives in a combat zone ever.

Edward, a man who decided he didn?t like the Royal Marines and very quickly dropped out. And Anne, a very elderly woman whose only knowledge of being in combat was as the wife of an army officer and then a naval Admiral. Where are these two?s combat medals? I?d rather have had Tim in the row today. He actually served in the armed forces.

Yes, reflection is a very good thing. On what an absolute farce dressing up in a uniform when you have never been a soldier or a sailor and pinning medals on yourself that are awards for being royal.

Curryong

Anne wore an array of medals on her naval uniform.

Why Princess Anne wore Admiral uniform for Queen's coffin procession | HELLO!

Princess Anne's full-sized medals are as follows: the Queen's Service Order, the Coronation Medal, the Silver Jubilee Medal, the Golden Jubilee Medal, the Diamond Jubilee Medal, the Platinum Jubilee Medal, the Long Service and Good Conduct Medal (Royal Navy) (which she gets as an honorary Admiral)  the Canadian Forces Decoration, Order of St John Service Medal, and the New Zealand 1990 Medal.

The Medals of the others who were dressed up in uniforms today.

Service medals of Queen's four children as they follow coffin through Edinburgh | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Considering the criticism that the BRF members who are not veterans  ( Anne, Edward, Richard) receive when they're wearing the uniform of the regiments that they represent, might it be better for them to simply wear day wear (suit/dress) along with a tie or scarf in regimental colors along with the medal(s) associated with that branch of the military?

wannable

No, everything we've seen are the Queen's wishes, signed sealed and delivered.

Also, the latest Military poll of who should take i.e. Harry's honorary title with the Military; one Royal Anne, 4 Military related (2 retired, 2 active).  Anne won, the relationship the men in arms with the royals dates back from the beginning of time, fighting for territory, fighting for the people, fighting for whatever reason where the Monarch was ever present, 1000 years of history with the military, it is part of their pride, patriotism, culture, their society. 

wannable

If one doesn't want to believe in internal military polls from the divisions: Chief of the General Staff, the First Sea Lord and Chief of the Naval Staff, and the Chief of Air Staff and the Chief of Defence Staff, then remember the oath and allegiance of the Military in whole since 1215 with very little wording changes.

I XXXX XXXXX swear by Almighty God (do solemnly, and truly declare and affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to His Majesty King Charles III, His Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in duty bound, honestly and faithfully defend His Majesty, His Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all enemies, and will observe and obey all orders of His Majesty, His Heirs and Successors, and of the General Officers (Air Officers if entering the RAF) and officers set over me.

The King is supreme authority of the military As Commander-in-Chief the King closely follows developments in the armed forces and the security services. He regularly receives the agenda in advance of all cabinet meetings and its committees, particularly the national security committee. He also receives the minutes of the meetings of all of these committees and all cabinet documents.

IF he requires, his Private Secretary can seek additional information from Defence departments.

The royals will give the honorary title or take it away because of the ABOVE.

In bold as one can observe in the oath, the individual trooper has to add also his commander of platoon, the commander KNOWS his soldiers, just saying.

Curryong

I know all recruits and cadet officers joining the British Armed Forces have to take an oath to serve the monarch as their Colonel in Chief. I?ve known that all my life, and it is so in the Australian armed forces as well. And of course they obey their superior officers. That happens in all armed forces around the world. It?s been so since at least the 18th century. That btw was emphasised by Harry?s reference to his grandmother as such in his latest tribute to her.

I just do not believe in the connection between royals who have never served in the military prancing around in military uniforms of high rank when they have never served. And that is shown by the ?medals? on their chest.

Do you really think that monarchs (even those who have served in the armed forces like Georges V and VI) knew all about military strategy because they (or rather their PSs) liaise with Defence Chiefs who supply information, I suggest you read the biographies of those Kings. They never took a military decision in their lives after their naval careers. They bowed to the Imperial General Staffs and to the politicians who ran the country during wartime.

And that would have been the case had Elizabeth been monarch during a major war. As for Anne being ?chosen? for high military positions, there are a lot of honorary military positions going and few working royals to fill them. Harry and Andrew had left royal working life, one voluntarily, one not, William has enough, to load any more on him would be ridiculous (and he has never served in a war zone either). So who was left? Eddy, lol?

I don?t admire the Yanks for much for all sorts of reasons, social welfare, gun control for instance. However, where I think they have got it right is that they do not demand their HOS or their relatives go around with honorary military titles they haven?t earned, in uniforms ditto, and with no military ?medals? for actually serving on their chests. It is beyond ridiculous.

wannable

They (the BRF members) who have an honorary military title are there because that is what is wanted. IF NOT, the officers will report to the Queen (in the case of Andrew and Harry) their sentiments, these two individuals broke their oath to the Queen. She received the reports, as the King is now, how to ignore it?!

Curryong

Andrew and Harry were retired from the navy and army. They were both retired officers. The Queen isn?t the Commander in Chief of all retired officers and men and women who once made an oath to her but are no longer serving. If Harry and Andrew had been serving and hadn?t obeyed their superior officers they would have been court-martialled. The Queen never received any reports of either of them.

Retired military and naval officers can?t be reported for ?disobedience? to the Queen by their past COs or anybody else. They were not serving officers in the armed forces when they received their military honours and ranks.

Harry decided to leave and so his HONORARY military titles were pulled. That doesn?t negate the years he served in the armed forces. Andrew was disgraced and had his HONORARY titles pulled. That doesn?t negate his years of service either. Neither man was punished while he was a serving officer.

Anne and Edward have strictly honorary military ranks and have never served. That is the difference.

wannable

Until the Military is opposed to Royals with no service holding an Honorary Title, it is what it is.

Andrew and Harry both aren't with any honorary titles whatever the motive. Both men with their PR staff wanted their moaning to appear in the media, yet it didn't change a bit.

Military Honorary Titles: foster 'esprit-de-corps' and support their regiment and its leadership team at all events and when requested.

Esprit de Corps: a feeling of pride and mutual loyalty shared by the members of a group.  Being attached to J Epstein, pedophile, OR Trashing your commander in chief's family IS against the oath. Read the oath again.

Supoprt their regiment....: example: Service for Royal Marines killed by IRA rather than the Lion King.

Nightowl

Quote from: Curryong on September 13, 2022, 08:59:38 AM
Yes, and mine was a reply and an observation that Charles himself did not wear one of the armed services uniforms familiar to those in the RF when he was participating in the Vigil of Princes in Edinburgh. In fact he wore a kilt.

God forbid that I defend the loathsome Andrew, a man for whom I have the utmost contempt. However he served as a helicopter pilot in the Falklands War and wore his combat medals on his suit.

And what of those who did wear uniforms today. People who have never risked their lives in a combat zone ever.

Edward, a man who decided he didn?t like the Royal Marines and very quickly dropped out. And Anne, a very elderly woman whose only knowledge of being in combat was as the wife of an army officer and then a naval Admiral. Where are these two?s combat medals? I?d rather have had Tim in the row today. He actually served in the armed forces.

Yes, reflection is a very good thing. On what an absolute farce dressing up in a uniform when you have never been a soldier or a sailor and pinning medals on yourself that are awards for being royal.

Believe me I have more contempt for Andrew then you have as I know all about that subject.  Even if not conflicted in a court of law, that man is guilty as sin....I tried defending him as he was never proven guilty yet his arrogance and sense of entitlement hit home for me, and the facts of some women that I know also who survived that type of abuse.

Edward and the Marines, I know nothing about, so that is something I should learn about, One thing about Edward is that one time he was caught chasing a dog and something about abusing the dog, that is a huge NO NO for me in liking him. If a person can't respect a 4 legged creature then that shows they can't respect their family or anyone else.  I have rescued dogs, birds etc and have great respect for them above the human race which at times makes my skin crawl with disbelief on how they treat not just animals but themselves.

Anne and Medals...is she wearing her husbands medals?  Don't really think so, yet how did she get those medals?  Her mother could give them to her maybe, after all, Anne is a very strong woman who has worked hard for the Firm and the country...are they perhaps an honor from her mother?  Just asking as I don't know and will not judge. Yet I like Anne and don't think she would do anything disrespectful to the monarchy and the country.   

Amabel2

what are you talking about Edward and a dog.  Anne wears medals given her by the queen.  Andrew is an arrogant selfish unpleasant man, but he has not been convicted of anything.

Nightowl

There was a long time ago a picture of Edward chasing a dog across a field and it was reported he was angry at the dog and abusing it....it is on google and I can't figure out how to post it here ......I did *prince edward chasing a dog* and it came up showing him chasing a dog with a big stick in his hand.....all on the daily fail.

Amabel2

Quote from: Nightowl on September 14, 2022, 02:12:02 AM
There was a long time ago a picture of Edward chasing a dog across a field and it was reported he was angry at the dog and abusing it....it is on google and I can't figure out how to post it here ......I did *prince edward chasing a dog* and it came up showing him chasing a dog with a big stick in his hand.....all on the daily fail.
Seems a bit odd. Possilby the dog was running off and Edward was chasing it... or trying to break up a fight between his dogs.
As i've said now repeatedly, it is foolish to try and guess things from a brief moment in a photograph.

Nightowl

I just do NOT like seeing anyone abusing an animal as I will if I come across it do something about it and have.  I am fierce about my love of the animal kingdom and my dislike of the other animal kingdom meaning humans for we are so cruel and hateful to each other and believe me I know all about that cruelty .........yet I also know there are some very good people out there who do great things to help those in need and those I applaud loudly.  Those pictures show Edward raising his hand with that stick ready to strike that dog of his....as the dog was scared to death crouching down in fear .....that bothers me about Edward as if anyone could do that to a dog, then next is family and that I know all to well. Some people meaning men are like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as I was at one time married to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.  I got the reward in the end..a divorce and freedom ......that is my jewel in my crown. LOL

Curryong

Amabel2

Quote from: Nightowl on September 14, 2022, 07:28:49 AM
I just do NOT like seeing anyone abusing an animal as I will if I come across it do something about it and have.  I am fierce about my love of the animal kingdom and my dislike of the other animal kingdom meaning humans for we are so cruel and hateful to each other and believe me I know all about that cruelty .........yet I also know there are some very good people out there who do great things to help those in need and those I applaud loudly.  Those pictures show Edward raising his hand with that stick ready to strike that dog of his....as the dog was scared to death crouching down in fear .....that bothers me about Edward as if anyone could do that to a dog, then next is family and that I know all to well. Some people meaning men are like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as I was at one time married to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.  I got the reward in the end..a divorce and freedom ......that is my jewel in my crown. LOL
really

Macrobug67

GETTING OFF TOPIC.  Please take any discussion of Edward and the dog to Edward?s board.  Andrew is the topic here.   Thanks.  :thumbsup:

TLLK

QuoteAnne and Medals...is she wearing her husbands medals?  Don't really think so, yet how did she get those medals?  Her mother could give them to her maybe, after all, Anne is a very strong woman who has worked hard for the Firm and the country...are they perhaps an honor from her mother?  Just asking as I don't know and will not judge. Yet I like Anne and don't think she would do anything disrespectful to the monarchy and the country.   

@Nightowl - Here's what I know about the members of the Royal Family who are veterans/civilians and the medals that we've seen them wear when in uniform.

Current and recently deceased members of the BRF who were veterans of one of the military branches  (WWII to the present): the late DoE and the Queen, King Charles, Prince of Wales, Dukes of Kent, York, Sussex, Prince Michael of Kent, Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence and the Earl of Ulster (DoG's son)
Nearly all of them except the V-A Timothy Laurence and the Earl of Ulster used to or currently have honorary military appointments.
For these veterans some of their medals/ribbons are with the units they served in, some are for their honorary military appointments, some are from the past coronations and jubilees. For the older members of the family they have coronation medals for King George VI and Queen Elizabeth II plus all of the Jubilees.

Combat veterans from the BRF - the late DoE -WWII, DoY-Falklands, DoS-Afghanistan, Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence-NATO intervention in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Earl of Ulster-Kosovo War, Iraq War.

Non veterans but they represent military units-Queen Consort, Princess of Wales, Earl and Countess of Wessex, Princess Royal, the Gloucesters, Princess Alexandra of Kent. Their medals and ribbons are for the military units they represent as well as as coronation and Jubilee medals.

Also many of them wear orders/medals awarded to them by the Queen ie: Garter, Royal Victorian Order, as well as foreign honors as well.
When King Charles III has his coronation, then a new medal will be issued too. 

I hope this might answer some question that you had regarding the medals and ribbons that are on the uniforms and civilian wear for these members of the BRF.  :)

wannable

He hasn't worn the uniform so far at any of the media claims, UK or foreign.

The latest was he was to wear it at the ''vigil at Westminster'', he was in morning dress
Previously the claim was to wear it at the vigil at Edinburgh'', it didn't happen.

So next is the Funeral...He also hasn't contested back to the media claims. Nor Charles either (bigger fish to fry).  Actions, live tv is beating the drum. This is a moment where ALL the family has to do their part, behave rather then ending up in the front page news with bad press, bad image where people all over the world will equally give bad comments.

Curryong

There?s plenty of time for the children and grandchildren to join in the Vigil. It didnt have to happen today. It could be tonight (Greenwich time) tomorrow, the next day. Andrew was said to wear it at the Westminster Vigil, not Edinburgh.

On the other hand, perhaps he?s thought better of it, or, more likely permission to wear the uniform has been withdrawn! Actually, as Andrew has the hide of a rhinoceros,  I expect to see it sometime in the next 48 hours.

Curryong

From the ABC (Aus) correspondent in London.

Prince Harry's exclusion from wearing his regiment's uniform is making headlines and talk-back in London.

My quintessential cabbie (born dockside, a cabbie of 30 years, father a cabbie, grandfather fought at Gallipoli) shakes his head in disbelief that Harry, who did two tours of Afghanistan, wasn't allowed to be in uniform, "but that mannequin Edward, who hasn't seen a minute's danger" was allowed.

Cabbie Stephen wonders if the Royals' days are numbered: "it just seems all a bit much now, doesn't it?", he asks, and King Charles just isn't like the Queen.

Will Australia become a Republic, he wants to know? It could. Stephen nods: it's the one country he'd leave England for.